3 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Was he mentioned in the press conference? What’s going on with him? 

Has he decided he wants to turn up yet?

Forgot all about him. Do we have a special broom cupboard for all our players who go missing. Surprised the UN are not involved.

3 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Here we go full of of accusations but nothing to back it up , goodness sakes !!!! Maybe Kieran Westwood is finished with us but he has been a brilliant keeper , can’t understand some fans thought process on here 

Hold fire mate, the body language experts will be along shortly. 

The recent implication is that Westwood is not happy to sit on the bench as no 2 keeper when fit. 

We either agree that Wildsmith is better than Westwood and therefore, should look at off-loading Westwood for this and the wages he's on, or we don't and demand that he sits on the bench and waits his turn.

There's been too much of this attitude and club indifference of senior pros at Hillsborough over the last few years, and it's held the club back - on the pitch as a team and financially.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree that Dawson is not only just our future now but clearly he’s our present, and deservedly number one, and I believe our time with Westwood is coming to a close cos quite simply we can’t afford a keeper of his wage to sit on the bench....I don’t like the underhanded slagging off of Westwood and would hate for us to part ways negatively.

Been the best keeper we’ve had in the 21st century. Served us very well. Always seemed a likeable bloke 

No one truly know what happens behind closed doors, though tbh I wouldn’t think negatively of him if he does want away ASAP Cos he’s no longer number one. He’d walk into a lot of championship sides as their number one keeper & he’s not got many years left. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Was he mentioned in the press conference? What’s going on with him? 

Has he decided he wants to turn up yet?

Great keeper, mardy arse, loves attention, holds up play, earn the right to play. no room anymore at this club for the likes of you and FF well done Dawson you deserve the shirt.

19 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Whilst I agree that Dawson is not only just our future now but clearly he’s our present, and deservedly number one, and I believe our time with Westwood is coming to a close cos quite simply we can’t afford a keeper of his wage to sit on the bench....I don’t like the underhanded slagging off of Westwood and would hate for us to part ways negatively.

Been the best keeper we’ve had in the 21st century. Served us very well. Always seemed a likeable bloke 

No one truly know what happens behind closed doors, though tbh I wouldn’t think negatively of him if he does want away ASAP Cos he’s no longer number one. He’d walk into a lot of championship sides as their number one keeper & he’s not got many years left

Now this bit I disagree with. If the scouts are like ours have been in recent seasons than yes. 
The Westwood of this season not a chance. Maybe a select few. 

It's quite obvious what's happening with Westwood.

He has only been on our bench once, and then subsequently - not available again?

I really wonder if it's worth testing the water with cancelling contracts for those who persistently claim unavailable - because let us be honest, it will cost Wednesday an arm and a leg until the end of Westwoods contract anyway.

Ego has no place, he's either fit or not, but not being fit due to being 2nd best is not acceptable.    We have too many players calling in sick and it's about time this club played hardball with these slackers.

6 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

He has only been on our bench once, and then subsequently - not available again?

I really wonder if it's worth testing the water with cancelling contracts for those who persistently claim unavailable - because let us be honest, it will cost Wednesday an arm and a leg until the end of Westwoods contract anyway.

Ego has no place, he's either fit or not, but not being fit due to being 2nd best is not acceptable.    We have too many players calling in sick and it's about time this club played hardball with these slackers.

think theres only 2 TBH.

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Perhaps much of this is true. I wouldn't know.

But how easy would it be to cancel these contracts. 

I mean, surely you have to prove that the player is actually fit and trying it on.

But how do you prove someone elses pain levels?

A capability hearing? 

Unless you get the Governments Fit for work chaps on the case, y'now the ones  who send letters to the recently deceased to declare they think they should be working. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood was injured and Dawson currently has the shirt and is doing fine.

Westwood is back and fit, but Dawson is keeping him out of the side at present.

Whats the issue?

Think the issue is there's a perception that Westwood is declaring himself not fit when it comes to sitting on the bench. If there are pictures of him in training and he is back fit then he should be in the squad tomorrow and sat on the bench. If he's not available for selection then it needs sorting. If all this is true then it will be a shame as some people will remember him for this and not the brilliant keeper that he has been for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Time to lose Westwood. Has been a great servant to the club but Dawson is ready now and is most certainly the future. 

Rather give another contract to Jones as 3rd choice and keep Wildsmith as back up for Dawson. Much better use of clubs finances. 

Cleaning ladies 

Tea lady 

Kit man 

Person who washes all the kit 

The bloke that keeps the ground looking smart 

Joiners /painters/sparks /plumbers /groundsman /security 

All great servants to our club ....

Westwood ? 

Nah ...

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Perhaps much of this is true. I wouldn't know.

But how easy would it be to cancel these contracts. 

I mean, surely you have to prove that the player is actually fit and trying it on.

But how do you prove someone elses pain levels?

A capability hearing? 

Unless you get the Governments Fit for work chaps on the case, y'now the ones  who send letters to the recently deceased to declare they think they should be working. 

To be quite honest, I think with the wages some of these players are on, a test is well worth it.

The worst you can do is lose, but you don't half put the wind up some of the others wanting to try it on.

Some bloke called John Bosman tried to change things once, and my god he did not half shake things up.    To be fair, Bosman caused this kind of issue where player could dictate everything, regardless of contract - once the contract ends the player leaves and they know that, so they are easily able to run the contracts down and screw the club if they so desire.

Edited by Salmonbones

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

To be quite honest, I think with the wages some of these players are on, a test is well worth it.

The worst you can do is lose, but you don't half put the wind up some of the others wanting to try it on.

Some bloke called John Bosman tried to change things once, and my god he did not half shake things up.

Ah,Jean-Marc Bosman , didn't he become a bankrupt alcoholic? 

I do rememeber an Interbview of that International football show they used to have on SKY. He was very bitter than no players seemed to help him out afterward,

It's one of the ironies that no one would really touch him after the case!

I'm sure there are players who take the p*ss to be honest. Up and down the land I'm sure there are slackers.

Mind, I forget who it was. Might have been Sheridan I recall saying that Alan Smith was the physio no one pretended to be injured because he had the injured lads in every day more than the other lads.  Where at some clubs a well timed injury might mean a bit of a swim and knocking off early for a round of snooker and a couple of jars , Smithy had them hammering all sorts in the gym. 

I do agree. that ,no doubt, that the power these days is really with the players.

• Like 1