2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Wholeheartedly disagree but that’s what opinions are about. You have yours and I have mine. Also a goalkeeper coach myself I  can say without doubt Westwood is the more talented keeper. However, as I said Dawson is improving, and is also still very young for a keeper so could in theory get much better.

If I was the manager I personally wouldn’t have dropped Westwood in the first place but he did and Dawson took his chance with both hands. The solution is simple; if Dawson signs his new contract in January we could then look to move Westy on for a fee. However, if Cameron doesn’t sign in the next two weeks I’d sell him to the highest bidder and reinstate Westwood. We certainly don’t need both of them as Wildsmith should be the number 2.

Not trying to start an argument, I agree differing opinions are heathy . Having said that , as a goalkeeping coach you should agree a keeper who kept costing us goals is not better than one who doesn’t 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Not trying to start an argument, I agree differing opinions are heathy . Having said that , as a goalkeeping coach you should agree a keeper who kept costing us goals is not better than one who doesn’t 

I agree that I don’t want to get into an argument. Westwood went through a bad stage but was still pulling off excellent stops. Dawson hasn’t saved anything that he shouldn’t have yet while also making a few mistakes ( a bit harsh maybe but the Cardiff first and Stoke 3rd were poor attempts). I haven’t seen Dawson pull off a brilliant save yet like Westy against Leeds and Swansea. Don’t want it to sound like I’m criticizing Dawson, I’m not, just trying to explain 

11 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree that I don’t want to get into an argument. Westwood went through a bad stage but was still pulling off excellent stops. Dawson hasn’t saved anything that he shouldn’t have yet while also making a few mistakes ( a bit harsh maybe but the Cardiff first and Stoke 3rd were poor attempts). I haven’t seen Dawson pull off a brilliant save yet like Westy against Leeds and Swansea. Don’t want it to sound like I’m criticizing Dawson, I’m not, just trying to explain 

I don't think it's about the 'brilliant save count' - for me the two keepers are similar with positive and negative attributes, like all keepers at this level.

The key point for me is that one is keen, enthusiastic and playing. The other is seemingly not.

I don't want players at the club who pick and choose when they play. It's an insult to the club and the fans who are paying good money to watch the team. Westwood has a good contract; his last and should be giving everything for the club, even if that means sitting on the bench. Any other normal player understands that when coming back from injury you fight for you place, and when the incumbent is playing well you wait your turn and support your team mates, even if it's from the bench.

Let's see if he's doing that today.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

That old chestnut  “I am a goalkeeping coach so I know better”

Come off it. It’s been mistake after mistake by Westwood this season. Mentioning Dawson mistakes why not mention all of Westwood’s for balance?

Never said I knew better just telling it as it is. For the last time, I AGREE that Dawson should be starting. Read my original post. Doesn’t make him a better or more talented goalkeeper which is the point I was making.

11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Has his save from Reach today put your “he hasn’t saved anything he shouldn’t have” myth to bed?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
32 minutes ago, Ian said:

Has his save from Reach today put your “he hasn’t saved anything he shouldn’t have” myth to bed?

Yep, great save! Finally...WTF: