In praise of

3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

All played well today but just said in the other thread I absolutely love Kieran lee. 
just a different gravy  

We might have to fight over who loves him more. Said it countless times. My favourite player since Waddle 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

We might have to fight over who loves him more. Said it countless times. My favourite player since Waddle 

He's got a footballing brain. Terrific to see him back and delighted he was able to come in after a spell out and get up to speed so quickly.

Glad to hear this. Always been a big fan of three in the midfield. The only question is how we fair going forward with just 1 striker. But it’s not as if any of the other strikers with the exception of Fletch have been staking a claim in the lineup? 

Firm believer of sticking with a winning side, so Bannan and Hutch should be on the bench against Leeds. I do think Bannan would perform well on the left of a three. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Glad to hear this. Always been a big fan of three in the midfield. The only question is how we fair going forward with just 1 striker. But it’s not as if any of the other strikers with the exception of Fletch have been staking a claim in the lineup? 

To be fair I thought Winnall did ok when he came on. Made some decent runs into the box when we got it on the flanks.

But yes, striker must be a priority in the window. A well thought out loan I'd have thought. 

Hopefully Fletcher isn't too bad. Apparently he's has an X-ray and nothing showing on there.

We do need able back up though id we're to persevere with this set up - and on todays showing I think we should give it a try, certainly when we're away from home.

Agree with all of this.

A big shout out for Joey. One of the most slagged off player's who seemingly can't put a foot right on here. Top of the list on the "I'd drive him there myself", " Should never play for us ever again" etc etc. brigade. 

Even after today's display, (and your correct highlighting of the 3 in midfield) hardly a word of praise for him however grudging.

Always willing to play the stand in role, probably not on huge money, does the hard yards & always gives 100%.

Well done mate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair I thought Winnall did ok when he came on. Made some decent runs into the box when we got it on the flanks.

But yes, striker must be a priority in the window. A well thought out loan I'd have thought. 

Hopefully Fletcher isn't too bad. Apparently he's has an X-ray and nothing showing on there.

We do need able back up though id we're to persevere with this set up - and on todays showing I think we should give it a try, certainly when we're away from home.

Bit harsh on Winnall maybe thought he did alright against Cardiff and Hull. Will be judged on goals though and he only has 1 this season. 

Agreed mate. Stick with a winning formation and team.

I think if Fletcher is out 5 in the middle is the way forward. Other strikers aren't going to offer much so let's try control the game and hope goals from midfield and/or set play. Waste of a shirt playing a striker that isn't good enough just because he plays that position. 

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Glenn Murray? Brighton were surprised he wasn't playing today. 

Good short term fix. 

Very impressed. 

Lee...well, he's a class act. Perhaps the injuries have taken their toll, but he's a great footballer. 

Mass is an excellent player. For me, he gets in ahead of Hutch now every time. More box to box, more dynamic, but still able to put his foot in. 

And yes, I thought Joey did a very good job today. Perhaps part of his problem has been he doesn't really suit playing in a two? If you have him in a three, then he can just playing the holding role, mop things up and keep it simple. 

24 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Very impressed. 

Lee...well, he's a class act. Perhaps the injuries have taken their toll, but he's a great footballer. 

Mass is an excellent player. For me, he gets in ahead of Hutch now every time. More box to box, more dynamic, but still able to put his foot in. 

And yes, I thought Joey did a very good job today. Perhaps part of his problem has been he doesn't really suit playing in a two? If you have him in a three, then he can just playing the holding role, mop things up and keep it simple. 

Spot on. Role that he always played for Heracles. (tho occasionally used as a stand in right back)

It allows others to go and play their game.

e31-heracles-team.jpg

Similarly though I think it's something that suits the others too. Bannan, Lee, Luongo, Hutch. 

We don't have that physicality , IMO, to compete every single week in a 2 man midfield. There's often too much to do.

But...

But....

I thought Pelupessy was a complete passenger in this team & wasn’t up to any sort of standard at all?!?!? I thought he was useless to us and we needed to find someone ‘better’ as our fourth or fifth choice centre mid? 

HAS OWLSTALK LIED TO ME?!?!?

• Haha 2