In praise of

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

Seems to have done ok today... Only one way to get better. Proper matches. 

I agree that U23s is no substitute for proper matches but we can't carry passengers while he gets there.  I thought he was quiet today - unless he dd magical things the 2 or 3 times my stream was buffering

9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

But...

But....

I thought Pelupessy was a complete passenger in this team & wasn’t up to any sort of standard at all?!?!? I thought he was useless to us and we needed to find someone ‘better’ as our fourth or fifth choice centre mid? 

HAS OWLSTALK LIED TO ME?!?!?

Monk has turned Fox into a very decent left back 

maybe he has worked his majic on Joey 

13 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Agree with all of this.

A big shout out for Joey. One of the most slagged off player's who seemingly can't put a foot right on here. Top of the list on the "I'd drive him there myself", " Should never play for us ever again" etc etc. brigade. 

Even after today's display, (and your correct highlighting of the 3 in midfield) hardly a word of praise for him however grudging.

Always willing to play the stand in role, probably not on huge money, does the hard yards & always gives 100%.

Well done mate.

Aye. Thought he did reslly well , stopped that Bissouma seeing hardly any of the ball till they emded up subbing him off.  

That Bissouma that cost £17m 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

During his time at S6, what has been the number of consecutive games he has played? We watched Fox in and out of the side, likewise to a lesser extent Palmer. No player can be expected to star if he is in and out of the side.all the time.

Surprisingly, or not as the case may be, Pelupessy seems to save his better matches for Bannan's absence. As for Bannan, whilst I appreciate his wholeheartedness, I find him a bit of a conundrum..He is the type of player who seems as though he must be in the centre of ALL the action. In fact I see a greedy player for much of the time, and wonder if his enthusiasm doesn't require 'reining in' a bit. He certainly needs to be kept upfield much more than he does.. I think that Bannan /Hutchinson combination simply does not work

• Haha 1

Once more our midfield requires praise. 

As does the manager who got it spot on again. 

I thought that any of these 3 being dropped would be harsh after the way they performed at Brighton. 

As it is he dropped Pelupessy to the bench and brought in Bannan.  Lee and Luongo rightly retained their spots. 

Monk clearly though was impressed enough with Pelupessy that when Leeds brought Hernandez on he replaced Luongo and Pelupessy went and sat on the Spaniard.  That's having faith in someone to do a specific job. 

Also freed Bannan up when was then instrumental in the second goal wih his "round the corner" to Reach. 

Once more. Well done men of midfield!

Well done Monk!