Timewasting

1 minute ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Your original point doesnt stand at all......unless you can read my mind.

If we had come back and scored 2 in 96th and 97th minute I would still have observed it and may well have posted it because the point has absolutely no bearing on the result. In fact when I was typing the original post I purposely added a point about it not effecting the result because I knew someone would immediately respond exactly as you did.

Then why wait till today. Every away teams wastes time. FACT. 

28 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Good on um I say 

Maybe if we did the same we wouldn't have thrown 11 points away 

Clutching at straws after another embarrassing performance from this car crash squad 

Rubbish football is entertainment and we are been robbed of that.  Fans pay high prices for tickets and we don't want to watch the keeper go through his  repertoire of time wasting manoverous.

Refs should call the captains and and keepers together at the start of the game and tell them that the first instance of time wasting the goalkeeper walks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Then why wait till today. Every away teams wastes time. FACT. 

I know they do as I stated before which is EXACTLY my point! Well done on completely and utterly missing the point of the thread which had absolutely nothing to do with results of any football game that ever happened  lol

• Like 1

As I can't be ar5ed to start a new thread, in addition to time wasting annoying you how much does all the holding of shirts/arms round the other player to stop them at set pieces annoy you? This really pi55es me off and refs need to clamp down on it with consistency, even if it means games finishing 12-12! All teams do it so just keep giving penalties until it stops it.  As with other things, anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul. I don't agree with the ref stopping the corner being taken so he can tell a defender to stop doing it, like he did today, let the set piece be taken and just give a penalty... Simples. 

Cardiff gave us a masterclass of how to hold on to a lead. It's not pretty, it winds the fans up but they never panicked, they disrupted, took their time, went down with injuries if we went within 5 yards of them. It all stopped us building any rhythm or momentum.

Take note next time we are infront with 10 minutes to go. Do you want to see us drop more points or manage the game like they did.

I know this won't be popular but if we had done what they've just done we'd be top of the league now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored yet.

We MIGHT have scored by now. Cardiff would be back on the bus by this time, FFS :duntmatter:

Totally agree with your OP opinions too. I'm rapidly falling out of love with football. Come to think of it, I fell out of love with football years ago. It's only The Wednesday that keeps me vaguely interested.

Their player is still on the touchline now with the ball up his shirt trying to dry it before taking a throw in. Absolutely abysmal refereeing. Should have been a yellow card the first time he did it and he wouldn't have done it again.

Timekeeping should be like in Rugby, they get it right.

Why it's with the referee I don't know...

On top of that, teams should be given 30 seconds to make a sub. If it isn't complete in that time then the player still has to go off and the replacement can't come on until the next stoppage. Goal kicks should be given 20 - 30 seconds if it isn't taken in that time (auto timed) then a corner is awarded. One other thing...if a player goes down and ref has to stop the game then medics should be called on and he must leave the field until the ref calls him back on.

Just some thoughts...football is getting boring and dull because of all the poo tactics...I'm getting fed up with games now.

Their free kick in stoppage time took almost 90 seconds to take, aided by a very weak referee.

Nothing needs to change apart from referees growing a pair and penalizing timewasting. The sad thing is right now, most referees encourage timewasting by not clamping down on it early.

2 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

When are referees going to clamp down on constant timewasting and not just Cardiff today, we do it as does every other team.

Little things like today we were caught offside their keeper puts the ball down whilst the ref is running to the middle of the pitch and not looking and puts it way further forward than it should be, clearly on purpose, so the ref will tell him to move it back so he can take another 25 minutes to re spot the ball and do his Johnny Wilkinson impression taking sidesteps before his kick.

Teams are wasting time more and more and the referee rarely makes the effort to even speak to the players. Timewasting is a bookable offence so just book them straight away and that will stop it. It's such an easy thing to sort out but they do nothing. Tomlin should have been booked for taking the mick when subbed and earlier in the first half he walked over to get the ball when it was our goal kick then walked 10 yards with it before dropping rolling it slowly towards a ball boy in the opposite direction of the keeper.

Why are refs so weak at applying these rules?

Same with diving. Their number 6 flung himself on the floor in the corner late on in the game and the ref waved play on. It was a ridiculous dive so surely that's a booking. 

For me diving, timewasting and feigning injury are ruining football and its quite obvious what players are doing but the authorities dont seem to care.

This has nothing to do with why we lost today, we didnt deserve anything, but I'm getting fed up of going to games and watching grown men screaming in agony only to get up and sprint at full speed 10 seconds later and games getting constantly interrupted. Football is now a completely non contact sport.

Mate, if we were better at it then we'd be top of the league. 

1 hour ago, cognacbarnowl said:

We MIGHT have scored by now. Cardiff would be back on the bus by this time, FFS :duntmatter:

Totally agree with your OP opinions too. I'm rapidly falling out of love with football. Come to think of it, I fell out of love with football years ago. It's only The Wednesday that keeps me vaguely interested.

This

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Cardiff gave us a masterclass of how to hold on to a lead. It's not pretty, it winds the fans up but they never panicked, they disrupted, took their time, went down with injuries if we went within 5 yards of them. It all stopped us building any rhythm or momentum.

Take note next time we are infront with 10 minutes to go. Do you want to see us drop more points or manage the game like they did.

I know this won't be popular but if we had done what they've just done we'd be top of the league now.

Did Norwich for example time waste last season ? . Teams that have to revert to wasting time by unsportsmanlike ways are driving fans away . It’s so boring to watch . 

12 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

Never seen owt like it with their keeper with every goal kick doing the three steps back and one to the side! 

The ref told him four times in the first half to get on with it. Must have got fed up of telling him because in the second half he just let him Carry on.  And some of the diving....oh my lord it was laughable