Timewasting

When are referees going to clamp down on constant timewasting and not just Cardiff today, we do it as does every other team.

Little things like today we were caught offside their keeper puts the ball down whilst the ref is running to the middle of the pitch and not looking and puts it way further forward than it should be, clearly on purpose, so the ref will tell him to move it back so he can take another 25 minutes to re spot the ball and do his Johnny Wilkinson impression taking sidesteps before his kick.

Teams are wasting time more and more and the referee rarely makes the effort to even speak to the players. Timewasting is a bookable offence so just book them straight away and that will stop it. It's such an easy thing to sort out but they do nothing. Tomlin should have been booked for taking the mick when subbed and earlier in the first half he walked over to get the ball when it was our goal kick then walked 10 yards with it before dropping rolling it slowly towards a ball boy in the opposite direction of the keeper.

Why are refs so weak at applying these rules?

Same with diving. Their number 6 flung himself on the floor in the corner late on in the game and the ref waved play on. It was a ridiculous dive so surely that's a booking. 

For me diving, timewasting and feigning injury are ruining football and its quite obvious what players are doing but the authorities dont seem to care.

This has nothing to do with why we lost today, we didnt deserve anything, but I'm getting fed up of going to games and watching grown men screaming in agony only to get up and sprint at full speed 10 seconds later and games getting constantly interrupted. Football is now a completely non contact sport.

1 minute ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

When are referees going to clamp down on constant timewasting and not just Cardiff today, we do it as does every other team.

Little things like today we were caught offside their keeper puts the ball down whilst the ref is running to the middle of the pitch and not looking and puts it way further forward than it should be, clearly on purpose, so the ref will tell him to move it back so he can take another 25 minutes to re spot the ball and do his Johnny Wilkinson impression taking sidesteps before his kick.

Teams are wasting time more and more and the referee rarely makes the effort to even speak to the players. Timewasting is a bookable offence so just book them straight away and that will stop it. It's such an easy thing to sort out but they do nothing. Tomlin should have been booked for taking the mick when subbed and earlier in the first half he walked over to get the ball when it was our goal kick then walked 10 yards with it before dropping rolling it slowly towards a ball boy in the opposite direction of the keeper.

Same with diving. Their number 6 flung himself on the floor in the corner late on in the game and the ref waved play on. It was a ridiculous dive so surely that's a booking. 

For me diving, timewasting and feigning injury are ruining football and its quite obvious what players are doing but the authorities dont seem to care.

This has nothing to do with why we lost today, we didnt deserve anything, but I'm getting fed up of going to games and watching grown men screaming in agony only to get up and sprint at full speed 10 seconds later and games getting constantly interrupted. Football is now a completely non contact sport.

Stop clutching a straws. 

Tell me one thing we did today that:

1. Ever made you feel we would win the game. 

2. Ever made you feel we deserved to win the game. 

You cant and that’s why we lost. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Stop clutching a straws. 

As I mentioned in my post this observation has absolutely nothing to do with today's result I'm talking about games in general.

We deserved nothing from today's performance its was terrible. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored yet.

Stop clutching a straws. 

It’s not so much that we didn’t win the game, it’s the actual chore of paying to watch a team time waste to run the clock down for over a hour - annoys me when watching games as a neutral on the tele never mind when I’m at the game and it’s happening against my own team. 

Refs really do need to clamp down on time wasting as it really does ruin the game 

Just now, S63 Owl said:

It’s not so much that we didn’t win the game, it’s the actual chore of paying to watch a team time waste to run the clock down for over a hour - annoys me when watching games as a neutral on the tele never mind when I’m at the game and it’s happening against my own team. 

Refs really do need to clamp down on time wasting as it really does ruin the game 

All teams winning away waste spades of time. Including us. 

I guarantee we will win the Premiership before it’s stopped. It always been part and parcel of the game. 

And it annoys everyone . They stopped passing back to the keeper because teams spent all their time doing it after going in front . I dislike it when we do it and it's the easiest thing to stop . Oh and smearing dog s$$t all over the grass to stop diving :ghoulguy:

5 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

It always been part and parcel of the game. 

That's ok then no need for us to question it or even discuss it then. Just let players continue to time waste and roll around on the floor like their leg has snapped in two.

For me its ruining watching the game and has got considerably worse and blatant over the last few years.

We do it, every team we play does it but I dont like watching it.

23 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Agree 100%

People say money is killing the game, it’s this that is the worst thing currently in the game.

Refs are garbage full stop, but their lack of overall control is ridiculous, allowing cheating toe rags to completely take the pi*s.

As for us being as bad as any of the others, not so. We are far too honest & far too nice.

1 minute ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

That's ok then no need for us to question it or even discuss it then. Just let players continue to time waste and roll around on the floor like their leg has snapped in two.

For me its ruining watching the game and has got considerably worse and blatant over the last few years.

We do it, every team we play does it but I dont like watching it.

My original point still stands. It’s issue because we lost. If two crosses had bounced of Sol Bambers arse and gone in, and we’d won 3-2 it wouldn’t have been mentioned. 

My original point still stands. It’s issue because we lost. If two crosses had bounced of Sol Bambers arse and gone in, and we’d won 3-2 it wouldn’t have been mentioned. 

Your original point doesnt stand at all......unless you can read my mind.

If we had come back and scored 2 in 96th and 97th minute I would still have observed it and may well have posted it because the point has absolutely no bearing on the result. In fact when I was typing the original post I purposely added a point about it not effecting the result because I knew someone would immediately respond exactly as you did.