Nuhui

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

The weird thing is Dave Jones, Stuart Gray, Carlos, (forget Jos) Lee Bullen, Steve Bruce and now Gary Monk might disagree with you Steve.

Edit: not forgetting Bernard Challandes.

I take your point Mark, but on that basis we might as well restrict Owlstalk to those of us who have coached at a professional level - not very many I suspect!  In our current position I accept he can be a useful squad player, but (in my humble non professional opinion) at the end of this season we should thank him for his services and release him.

Genuinely had a couple of dem blayads fans saying they wouldn't mind him on their team. 

I'm glad he's on our side, he's taller and stronger than most defenders with the proverbial good feet for a big man. He might be lumbering and struggle to beat my nan in a foot race, but you've always got to think about him as a defender because he can be very effective. 

Viva la Atdhe. 

19 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Sorry but what I saw was two bang average teams, neither looked decent yesterday.

Bristol came to get a point , they set up to stop us playing , they sat back waiting for a good counter attack that rarely came. Both teams played well.

Edited by stocksyuto

I like Nuhiu - he was poor yesterday mind but ultimately played his part in us winning the game.

people are also quick to forget his good performances as well - he was superb against Charlton the other week for example.

26 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Bristol came to get a point , they set up to stop us playing , they sat back waiting for a good counter attack that rarely came. Both teams played well.

We played well defensively and totally controlled the game. 15 chances is good. Their keeper did well against Reach twice, and their defender kept one out from Palmer’s volley.

In a way Im pleased we won the way we won, with a scratchy penalty. We’ve played teams off the park and lost or drawn. Yesterday we scrapped and never shone, but got the points.

Edited by Holmowl

9 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I take your point Mark, but on that basis we might as well restrict Owlstalk to those of us who have coached at a professional level - not very many I suspect!  In our current position I accept he can be a useful squad player, but (in my humble non professional opinion) at the end of this season we should thank him for his services and release him.

No not at all and you are entitled to your opinion absolutely but I do think those coaches I listed may have more a stronger case to judge him then us fans and sadly Steve, he is kind of a scapegoat when he doesnt play well and IIRC Derby away was one of those.

14 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Sorry but what I saw was two bang average teams, neither looked decent yesterday.

They came and setup anti football - defending almost on their penalty box to nullify the attack 

We play better when teams come out and actually play some football - we were still the better side by a country mile

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I reckon if Fletcher had started he'd be nursing some nasty dings from their centre backs now.

A good game to leave him at home ...

Big lad did what was asked of him ..

This! 

Is Nuhiu fantastic... no 

is he terrible... no 

he’s a huge strong physical lump that whether you like to admit it or not gives defenders a headache all game.

someone has to mark him all game,

you can’t leave him be cos for a big lad he’s great with his feet!

switch off and he’s past you! 

Not with blistering pace but once he’s in front of you and shielding you’re gonna struggle to push him off it! 

He did want monk asked of him which was stay up apart from when defending corners and just be a pain for them and something to worry about! 

Heard the best thing at the game and shows up some of the geniuses who slate him none stop.

about 5 or 6 rows behind me on the north I heard one lad shout

"Fücks me off all these people defending Nuhiu... bet they’re all tree hugging remainers!" 

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Genuinely had a couple of dem blayads fans saying they wouldn't mind him on their team. 

I'm glad he's on our side, he's taller and stronger than most defenders with the proverbial good feet for a big man. He might be lumbering and struggle to beat my nan in a foot race, but you've always got to think about him as a defender because he can be very effective. 

Viva la Atdhe. 

Thicko blades providing corroboration?  fizz me, saddoes!  Point proven.

10 minutes ago, the monk said:

Still wondering what skill or intent was involved when he "won us the pen" 

He was running away from goal and a plank decided to do a Nuhiu and give a needless foul away 

33 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I reckon if Fletcher had started he'd be nursing some nasty dings from their centre backs now.

A good game to leave him at home ...

Big lad did what was asked of him ..

Fall down awkwardly?