Nuhui

2 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

thats why so many try to buy him...was awful today,3rd rate Fletch..we need much..much better ffs

Cause we need better but there's a bit of a problem. WE ARE IN THE  FINANCIAL poo. 

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

No not a transfer rumour. 

Thought he was excellent today though. Bullied there defenders at times and won probably the most headers he’s ever won in a game for us. 

Few grumbles around me when he stayed on and Rhodes went off but definitely the right call to leave Nuhui on today. 

There were loads around me furious he stayed on when Rhodes went off. But as I said at the time we needed to keep him on.He was excellent for the last 15. Thank fek fans arent managers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazing isn't it,the TV and radio guys are saying how effective he is ,Bristol played three centre backs to stop him and the way we play.So they didn't have the numbers going forward to get at us.His link up play earlry on gave us the platform to be on the front foot.Well done Atdhe.

PS .I see some of the usual suspects have come out of the woodwork,I'll just remind them we are third with a crap team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe a nice guy - maybe quite good with the ball at his feet on occasions - but , for a striker, as immobile as any I have ever seen in over 50 years - which makes him easy to mark , and ineffective when out of possession - and , for a striker,he  rarely scores , or even gets shots on target. On balance his few good points are far outweighed by his shortcomings.

He's not a goal scorer, he wasn't one before we bought him and he never will be.  That isn't what he is in the team for and I still don't get this constant hating.  He is in there to do a specific job, that is to bully the opposition defence and try to make space for other as well as flick the ball on for other players.

I thought he did that well for the first 25 minutes or so today, and then again the last 15 minutes, but was a bit anonymous in between.   

I just think that some people expect to see him scoring 20 goals a season, running the channels and outpacing defenders, and clearly that isn't going to happen.  Bit he still offers a lot to the team.

His starts

Boro 4-1

Hull 0-1

Leeds 0-0

Swans 2-2

Charlton 3-1

Brentford 2-1

Bristol C 1-0

Four wins, two draws and a single loss from his seven starts...some of you are looking for problems where they don’t exist.

If our occasional starter helps us to this sort of record it’s time to be happy.

• Thanks 1

Won a penalty, won plenty of headers today and worked hard up front to at least try and close down a bit when Bristols defenders had the ball. Not even Fletch would have had an easy job doing the latter with the pace and movement that Bristol play with from the back.

Not his best game for us and not anywhere near his worst either. Today he was part of a team that ground out 3 big points for us and thats all that matters. 

6 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Thought he was poor throughout - I’ve really tried with Atdhe, but just can’t see a footballer there.  

The weird thing is Dave Jones, Stuart Gray, Carlos, (forget Jos) Lee Bullen, Steve Bruce and now Gary Monk might disagree with you Steve.

Edit: not forgetting Bernard Challandes.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He wouldn't normally have started today in fairness and Rhodes will rarely get anything out of partnering him, they stand too far apart anyway.

Nuhiu definitely a last 20-30 minute player and useful to have around but was thinking watching the game if only it was someone like Diedhiou behind Fletcher.

7 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Thought he was excellent today though. Bullied there defenders at times and won probably the most headers he’s ever won in a game for us. 

Few grumbles around me when he stayed on and Rhodes went off but definitely the right call to leave Nuhui on today. 

If you want a 20 goal a season striker , Dave`s not your man . But if you want someone to be a a pain in the arse for defenders , win flick on`s , create chances and chip in with a few goals , then there are non better in this division. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never known a player divide the fan base as much as Nuhiu. 

Every player in the world makes mistakes-losing the ball, making a bad pass etc in almost every game, but the collective groan of those who don’t appreciate Atdhe is resounding and I feel for the man.It’s a testament to his character that it seems like water off a ducks back.

I honestly think if you’ve played the game to a good level then you appreciate how good a player Atdhe is. The fellow pro’s all see it.

You see beyond the ‘big lump’ exterior. You see not only the effort but the clever way he plays, the effect he has on the game, not every player is judged by finesse-albeit he has it in his locker. You only have to cast your mind back to when he took it into the corner by the Kop and the south stand that time, turned, beat 4-5 players and bent it into the top corner. That takes ability. Thats not just catching the ball right and it flying into the top corner.

We’d be far weaker without him in the squad. Thankfully the praise he gets from his fellow pros and the pride he feels representing his country as an international will no doubt overpower the critics in the stands.

Edited by Tudders
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

We looked lost upfront without Fletcher. End of thread. 

11 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

There were loads around me furious he stayed on when Rhodes went off. But as I said at the time we needed to keep him on.He was excellent for the last 15. Thank fek fans arent managers.

Very true that last sentence. 

Look how many managers we've had whilst he's been here, can't remember any of them freezing him out. But hey, fans know best.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

if it was left to most of crowd and me I wouldn't have even started him and fetched him off early ,we was a nuisance for sure to defenders but he won hardly any headers and a better striker woild have got on end of 1 or 2 of those crosses to back post where he was ,earlier in season I thought he looked a lot better ,past 3-4 weeks he has been shocking . the main thing is though we won and hopefully fletcher is back boxing day and if we could get in a decent striker on loan and let 1-2 go that be good.