SAG/SYP Farce

42 minutes ago, darra said:

By doing what they are doing aren't the SYP saying that they are incapable of doing their job properly?

Yeah but they’ll blame everyone but themselfs for it, as per what they always do when going gets tough 

1 hour ago, darra said:

By doing what they are doing aren't the SYP saying that they are incapable of doing their job properly?

When we played Glasgow Rangers in the pre season "friendly" two years ago their fans were throwing bottles, invading the pitch, lighting flares, etc. Stewards consisting primarily of middle aged men and young students were attempting, without much success to control the situation, whilst a large group of police men and women stood at each end of the North Stand doing nothing. I raised my concerns with them regarding their inactivity at the time, and was told by a lady wearing a Head Stewards high viz jacket that it "was not what they were there for"

Say no more.

20 hours ago, Swifty75 said:

the problem which was never discussed to ,y knowledge, was the number of people wanting to gain entrance in the final 15 minutes before KO. The main problem to me was this late arrival. Unfortunately, the ones who suffered were the ones who'd  used their loaf and entered early.

It has been discussed at length. The queues were building up from 2.15. Over twenty of those died didn't enter "early" - they came through the gate when it was opened by the police. 

On 18/12/2019 at 14:43, NeonLeon said:

If it’s adjourned until April, June time next year as Staton is suggesting on Twitter. Isn’t that a bit of a reckless decision considering the possibility that attendances could start to grow and grow because of the teams current form. 

Presumably the capacity has been amended already to reflect this situation re availability of POTD tickets. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

It has been discussed at length. The queues were building up from 2.15. Over twenty of those died didn't enter "early" - they came through the gate when it was opened by the police. 

I think you replied to the person I quoted!!!!! my bit was underneath saying that the crush outside was inevitable!

The PN is served by the licensing dept of SCC (one third or so of SAG). Any assessment of crowd safety and the subsequent crowd capacity is determine by H&S experts who adhere the various regulations. 

It seem the inability or unwillingness of SYP (another third of SAG) to allow egress/exit from the North Stand onto LL has affected the assessment and crowd safety figures. SYP then employed an academic to right a report that lead to the PN; essentially passing the buck to someone else.

Surely it's the SYP role that the experts need to focus on to unlock the ground capacity issues. I suspect the judge isn't going to do this.