SAG/SYP Farce

Supposing we were to win this case and allowed to start using the North stand as previous.  Is it beyond reason to think that certain people/groups might then arrange (entirely coincidently and with no official sanction) for there to be some trouble at a game in the not too distant future?  Thus proving their point and just setting us back further.

It wouldn't be hard to find 50 idiots who'd be happy to cause trouble on demand.  It also wouldn't be the first time it had happened in English football!

Just not bothered...

24 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Supposing we were to win this case and allowed to start using the North stand as previous.  Is it beyond reason to think that certain people/groups might then arrange (entirely coincidently and with no official sanction) for there to be some trouble at a game in the not too distant future?  Thus proving their point and just setting us back further.

It wouldn't be hard to find 50 idiots who'd be happy to cause trouble on demand.  It also wouldn't be the first time it had happened in English football!

nah...none of the organisations involved would ever put undercover people in place to cause bother. :happy:

36 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

When did it happen?

1 hour ago, Animis said:

I wasn't suggesting he 'approved' of our case - rather him taking the appointment could suggest he is confident of success. Reputation and success plays a big part in fee earning potential moving forward.

I would say at Beer's level there is access to a pretty well unlimited amount of work so while (rightly) he will work for anyone who hires him, as part of that he will have produced an honest assessment of the case and a view of probabilities of outcome. Of course, he might have said it's a long shot and we then decided have a go anyway

57 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When did it happen?

The "bottle top" riots of '98 mate...Thousands of Owls fans..not just the "50"..ALL in the ground wiv bottle tops!!!!

Its rumoured a couple of fans had "Balloons" but I never actualy witnessed that inflatable menace...

Houses were raided in the ensuing days....and several Wednesday fans convicted of disguising weapons as "Balloon animals"

It was in all the papers...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The "bottle top" riots of '98 mate...Thousands of Owls fans..not just the "50"..ALL in the ground wiv bottle tops!!!!

Its rumoured a couple of fans had "Balloons" but I never actualy witnessed that inflatable menace...

Houses were raided in the ensuing days....and several Wednesday fans convicted of disguising weapons as "Balloon animals"

It was in all the papers...

Must have missed that, do remember seen lots of burst balloons though, wondered where they had come from.

6 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Up to the infamous day, Hillsborough had staged around 8 semi-finals, most with larger crowds. 

I believe I'm correct in saying that the same two clubs met at the same stadium , and occupied the same ends, aroundc12 months before, without trouble.

If you watch videos (not the official ones which i think have been doctored,) the problem which was never discussed to ,y knowledge, was the number of people wanting to gain entrance in the final 15 minutes before KO. The main problem to me was this late arrival. Unfortunately, the ones who suffered were the ones who'd  used their loaf and entered early.

As for the recent actions of SAG, the idea of expecting  a minimum of 15000 people to exit onto what is a major public arterial route out of the city, and then realising they would need to block this artery for specific periods on busy days, is ludicrous. I'm surprised that the Sheffield  Commerce Groupmhasn't kicked up.

Still, the idea of Sheffield being a major city is just as ludicrous! 

The more ludicrous thing about that day was that 10,200 tickets had to enter through just 7 of the Leppings Lane turnstiles. When tested the assumed rate at which those turnstiles could operate was 750 per hour. The turnstiles opened 2 hours before kick off, so if everyone had started to queue from 1pm in an orderly fashion then everyone would have got in. Unfortunately very few football fans turn up 2 hours before kick off. The 10200 standing tickets were never going to get in. The HSE report is available for all to see and can be found with an easy google.

I do think that since the SYP were given the blame for failing to protect public safety there has been an agenda against SWFC and specifically the Leppings Lane concourse. It is as if they can say that end of the ground is not safe, and it is still not safe, taking some of the blame away from 1989.

If you look at what they are doing now it is in someways similar to 1989. In 1989 the police were so worried about public disorder that they totally ignored public safety. In making us all go out on to Penistone Road it feels that we have less public safety, at the expense of a few crossed words with a couple of hundred Brentford fans! Still no public disorder!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Must have missed that, do remember seen lots of burst balloons though, wondered where they had come from.

They might have been summat to do with that bird, Nena. Her mum used to do fire engine impersonations when she called her in for her tea, FFS :duntmatter:

7 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Up to the infamous day, Hillsborough had staged around 8 semi-finals, most with larger crowds. 

I believe I'm correct in saying that the same two clubs met at the same stadium , and occupied the same ends, aroundc12 months before, without trouble.

If you watch videos (not the official ones which i think have been doctored,) the problem which was never discussed to ,y knowledge, was the number of people wanting to gain entrance in the final 15 minutes before KO. The main problem to me was this late arrival. Unfortunately, the ones who suffered were the ones who'd  used their loaf and entered early.

As for the recent actions of SAG, the idea of expecting  a minimum of 15000 people to exit onto what is a major public arterial route out of the city, and then realising they would need to block this artery for specific periods on busy days, is ludicrous. I'm surprised that the Sheffield  Commerce Groupmhasn't kicked up.

Still, the idea of Sheffield being a major city is just as ludicrous! 

The reason I asked about the decision to make all the Liverpool fans enter via Leppings Lane is because I’m pretty sure that tactic was relatively new , maybe that year and the year before. I understood that the previous times Hillsborough was used as a neutral venue, half of the North Stand entered from Penistone Road meaning almost 5000 less fans going down Leppings Lane causing congestion at the turnstiles. 

We all know the consequences of decisions taken by the Police in 1989 to avoid crowd disorder. It’s worrying to see the same force taking similar decisions, for the same reasons, at the same ground decades later.