SAG/SYP Farce

If you’ve read the manchester university report upon which the decision was made then you would know it will get laughed out of court. Hopefully with a huge wedge of compo for the loss of income the club has suffered. 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If you’ve read the manchester university report upon which the decision was made then you would know it will get laughed out of court. Hopefully with a huge wedge of compo for the loss of income the club has suffered. 

Not seen that report, what does it say?

Any compo would help soften the blow with EFL?! lol

I would have thought that, after a certain police officer's trial has now concluded, all of this nonsense would have quietly slipped away somewhat?

Not only that, I would have also thought that local residents and local businesses might also have a "claim" if sufficient unnecessary disruption is proven?

6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Not expecting any changes. Sag will say its a public safety issue. Once they've said that we won't be able to counter it with anything. Public safety trumps everything and no amount of pointing out the pigs ground specifics or the past god knows how many years without incident will make a difference. Add in the recent Leeds game that went off without a hitch and it's penistone Road from now on. 

On a related note, did anyone ever find out who the sag people are and is it true some of em are linked to united? I saw it mentioned on here a few times but don't recall seeing any proof. Might be pertinent. 

They have to.prove beyond doubt that it's a safety issue and provide instances that show it is which will be difficult as most clubs away followings is usually a couple of hundred if that.

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Surely health and safety dictates that you cannot just have one exit

What happens if someone has a heart attack near the end of the game and ambulances enter the area at the corner of the North stand and Kop, no one would be able to get out

Another one, what about a bomb scare, everyone running in the same direction, people would get trampled on

I've been sitting in the North for many years without incident

I'm more at risk now with my health issues because I can't enter or exit via Leppings Lane

I have to take the long route and walk the full length of Vere Road, to walk almost the full length of the Cantilever stand to get to my seat

At the beginning of the season we kept getting stopped walking down Leppings Lane towards Vere Road, some jobsworth told us we had to walk down Catchbar Lane, we told them to fuuck off and we carried on down Leppings Lane

It's so obvious it's absurd isn't it.  You are so obviously correct. If you asked anybody what is the safest way to exit a stand they wouldn't say all 9,000 should leave by one exit would they. That's stupid enough but factor in that another stand (the kop, with 5,000 on) exits onto the same main road and it's almost criminal and asking for an accident. 

5 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

It's so obvious it's absurd isn't it.  You are so obviously correct. If you asked anybody what is the safest way to exit a stand they wouldn't say all 9,000 should leave by one exit would they. That's stupid enough but factor in that another stand (the kop, with 5,000 on) exits onto the same main road and it's almost criminal and asking for an accident. 

Completely. I now get decanted on a busy Penistone Road with opposing columns of people, some moving slowly because they can only move slowly, and cars. I then turn right behind the south stand into a major flow of people heading towards me and a few others. 

Quite mad. 

All the same as I understand it the club failed to engage with the process in the summer, and if so that is really culpable. 

9 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Completely. I now get decanted on a busy Penistone Road with opposing columns of people, some moving slowly because they can only move slowly, and cars. I then turn right behind the south stand into a major flow of people heading towards me and a few others. 

Quite mad. 

All the same as I understand it the club failed to engage with the process in the summer, and if so that is really culpable. 

2 coppers were walking down the central reservation of Penistone Road post the Brentford game with sirens going off in the background. This was a fire engine that they let down the closed road in the end. I just suggested a bit too loudly in their direction that it was to be hoped the 450 Brentford fans were safe and sound 

16 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Almost as stupid as insisting that all 24,000 fans of one team attending a semi final at the ground should gain entry through 23 turnstiles at the narrowest approach to the stadium. In the entire history of the stadium how many times has the entire capacity of North and West sides of the ground been required to gain entry in this way?

The point we should bring up is that although we understand concerns at West end of stadium for games against teams like Leeds who bring 4,500 supporters, its pointless when we play teams like Brentford who bring around 400 supporters. Forcing everyone to exit North Stand at one end is pointless.  

Anyone from SAG saying there's still concerns when playing clubs like Brentford should be hit over head with a frying pan.

Complete and utter breakdown in communications between the club , SYPD and SCC and I think it’s been the case for a while now 

Gonna get messier before it gets any better I think 

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

I agree, I've worked for a Consultant that has done this kind of analysis and think it was far from convincing when compared to the techniques and types of analysis that can be undertaken. That's not to say some of the conclusions couldn't stand up but the overwhelming issue for me is the assessment of risk when it comes to games when one man and his dog turn up and are seated in the West. Add to that the totally inconsistent approach at the sty and you have something which smells of impartiality gone wrong.