SAG/SYP Farce

On 16/12/2019 at 17:58, oldowl67 said:

Almost as stupid as insisting that all 24,000 fans of one team attending a semi final at the ground should gain entry through 23 turnstiles at the narrowest approach to the stadium. In the entire history of the stadium how many times has the entire capacity of North and West sides of the ground been required to gain entry in this way?

Up to the infamous day, Hillsborough had staged around 8 semi-finals, most with larger crowds. 

I believe I'm correct in saying that the same two clubs met at the same stadium , and occupied the same ends, aroundc12 months before, without trouble.

If you watch videos (not the official ones which i think have been doctored,) the problem which was never discussed to ,y knowledge, was the number of people wanting to gain entrance in the final 15 minutes before KO. The main problem to me was this late arrival. Unfortunately, the ones who suffered were the ones who'd  used their loaf and entered early.

As for the recent actions of SAG, the idea of expecting  a minimum of 15000 people to exit onto what is a major public arterial route out of the city, and then realising they would need to block this artery for specific periods on busy days, is ludicrous. I'm surprised that the Sheffield  Commerce Groupmhasn't kicked up.

Still, the idea of Sheffield being a major city is just as ludicrous! 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Hold my (Jason) Beer QC representing us in the hearing

https://5essexcourt.co.uk/our-people/profile/jason-beer-qc

Interesting that SWFC have employed someone who has 'represented public authorities, police forces' etc. and was involved in the Hillsborough Inquests. Clearly having someone with this knowledge aids your defence, and hopefully demonstrates that neither him, or SWFC would be pressing this if they didn't think they'd be successful.

16 minutes ago, Animis said:

Interesting that SWFC have employed someone who has 'represented public authorities, police forces' etc. and was involved in the Hillsborough Inquests. Clearly having someone with this knowledge aids your defence, and hopefully demonstrates that neither him, or SWFC would be pressing this if they didn't think they'd be successful.

He's a QC, they are money tarts, pay them enough and they will represent anyone.

He does seem to have been part of some high profile cases - grainger inquiry, Stephen Lawrence Inquiry, the Shipman Inquiry, the Hutton Inquiry, the Mubarek Inquiry, the Billy Wright Inquiry, the Rosemary Nelson Inquiry, the Baha Mousa Inquiry, the Leveson Inquiry, the Al-Sweady Inquiry, the Azelle Rodney Inquiry and the Goddard Inquiry

Edited by bigdan2003

2 minutes ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

Well it is their job isn't it. 

Absolutely. Just making the point that employing a top QC doesn't give mean he approves of our case. He'd still represent someone he thought was totally wrong.(if the money was good enough)

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Absolutely. Just making the point that employing a top QC doesn't give mean he approves of our case. He'd still represent someone he thought was totally wrong.(if the money was good enough)

If we agree that both sides in any case should be allowed representation, then 50% of the time the QC must be employed by someone who is wrong.

On 16/12/2019 at 09:32, torryowl said:

No idea on the legal side but I know a police Sargent  who does games at hillsboro and when I complain to her about how syp police games she always answers that there is very little trouble so there policy works.....if they can put that before some bumbling magistrates they could well factor that into there judgement ..

Just like the bloke who was asked why he was walking down the street banging a drum, and said it was to keep the elephants away. When it was pointed out that there were no elephants he said "effective isn't it".

16 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

If it’s adjourned until April, June time next year as Staton is suggesting on Twitter. Isn’t that a bit of a reckless decision considering the possibility that attendances could start to grow and grow because of the teams current form. 

Yep, Current home capacity is around 28,000 I think. Doesn't give us much room should our current form continue towards the business end.

30 minutes ago, prowl said:

I wasn't suggesting he 'approved' of our case - rather him taking the appointment could suggest he is confident of success. Reputation and success plays a big part in fee earning potential moving forward.