Chansiri, embargo and the players

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

If suddenly a number of players were dropped from the first team before reaching a certain number of games that was a clause in their contract it wouldn't take any proving, was it also a coincidence that the clause ended just at the time when Bullen was put in temp charge, your clutching at straws.

I thought players like Westwood and Hutchinson were dropped because they fell our with Jos Luhukay.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought players like Westwood and Hutchinson were dropped because they fell our with Jos Luhukay.

I heard that he didn't want players in the side that didn't take part in all the training sessions, these two didn't, nothing to do with contract clauses.

30 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I heard that he didn't want players in the side that didn't take part in all the training sessions, these two didn't, nothing to do with contract clauses.

Yes that sounds about right.
I did think they was something in the rumours about contact clauses at the time but thhik this does sound a lot more likely.

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

They can't embargo us when nothing is proved. They'd leave themselves wide open to massive litigation.

Yes they can as the the action we have been charge for has allowed us to have funds to spends that we wouldn't have been able to spend.

9 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

Yes they can as the the action we have been charge for has allowed us to have funds to spends that we wouldn't have been able to spend.

Yes, but we would have funds to spend THIS YEAR if they decide the timing was wrong - the sale isn't being questioned, just its timing.

54 minutes ago, jayzman said:

Yes, but we would have funds to spend THIS YEAR if they decide the timing was wrong - the sale isn't being questioned, just its timing.

I think you can pretty firmly say that if nothing is decided by the EFL before the new year there will be no business in January.

For me I would be getting the players you want to keep signed up to new deals, something that the EFL cannot prevent us doing. Dawson, Fox, Fessi, Fletcher to name a few we should be resigning now not in June 2020. but that just would be the DC way would it.

On 18/11/2019 at 13:24, Mick De Lyons said:

It's not certain that we will be found guilty over the selling of the club, but if we are, it's more likely to amount to a deduction of points than a fine. The one salient point about this situation, is that realistically the club can go nowhere whilst it's in this permanent cycle with regards to this financial embargo. If the points deduction happens, then it ends our promotion or play off hopes, but I don't think it will end in relegation, unless is a huge amount of points. So it's going to be likely a mid table finish.

In my opinion, this fine or a points deduction needs to happen. It's the only way to get the club out of this mess and will allow the club to operate in the transfer market properly again. Along with this, two other things need to happen. Chansiri needs to sell the club as soon as is possible and the squad needs a complete overhaul. The big earners need to go and the squad needs breaking up. Some players have been here too long and need moving on. I would personally sell or not offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes.

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri. He was the person in charge of the finances. He knew the rules or someone was advising him on the rules. He knew what he was spending in transfer fees and wages and he was the person that decided to sell the club to a company that part of his financial portfolio. He may have done these things for the best of intentions, but the current situation is entirely down to him. With the financial embargo still in place and the club currently for sale, plus an aging expensive squad on the books, it could be the right time to take the punishment of a point deduction if we are found guilty of breaking the EFL rules. 

What is your opinion ?

So a new chairman and owner and a completely new team is your wish. 

We don't know if we will be guilty or if so what punishment is deemed reasonable. 

Until the decision is made and the legal proceedings completed people need to wait before making rash statements. 

Swfc is not officially up for sale. I believe the quote was chansiri would consider an offer if it was what the fans wanted and if it benefits the club. This was after the initial emotional outburst at the fan forum. 

I don't think anyone believes that the ground sale was done for any reason other than to raise funds to fudge the losses for ffp. Surely legal advice was taken before the decision was made. 

I believe other clubs in the league have decided to do similar things. Aston villa springs to mind. 

What is obvious is when financial problems is the major factor for deciding playing staff then performances will suffer badly. 

Which ever chair we have the ffp rules apply and from our situation we hardly have a world beating promotion certainty squad. The rules are garbage and don't do anything about the problem it is suppose to be protecting clubs from. The parachute payments just add to the stupidity of the league rules. 

It is a worrying situation but it is still not proven. Until then keep the scare mongering and knee jerk comments aside to concentrate on backing our team to hopefully help have a successful season. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2019 at 13:34, SiJ said:

Yeah, but that was him throwing his toys out the pram. 

I don't think for one moment that the club is actually for sale. 

I do think in all fairness to the OP that IF the right offer came along, he'd take it, but I don't see our value having increased since he bought the club, so in reality it's haircut time, it maybe savage haircut time.

On 26/11/2019 at 12:47, jayzman said:

they can't question the sale, their mates have done it as well.

dc needs to ring leicester and palarse and ask them what they tell the fa and fl when they ring up them up, my guess is it's '**** OFF', because some seem to be doing what they want, whilst others are held to account.

On 25/11/2019 at 14:36, billyblack said:

Depends if you believed him.

Our FFP fella was introduced by MM, extremely well connected in both Thailand, football governing bodies and did a very good job previously at Leicester with another Thai owner.

Put yourself in DC’s shoes when he said what he did.  Same goes for the other advisor(s) introduced to him as part of the package who also were involved at Leicester.