Chansiri, embargo and the players

21 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You need to learn when to leave it and just take the L.

Get yourself off to bed, tomorrow is a new day of bullshittery for you my friend. Well its either that, or your teacher will be getting the times tables out for the first time. 

One day on here is enough for anyone. Why you guys want to come on here and make countless posts is beyond me lol. If people don't agree then fair enough, but some are just plain rude and abusive and after a time it becomes boring. This site isn't about having a debate and making sensible points, even if people vigorously disagreed. It's just about a mob mentality, where members are scared to say what they feel. Say they just go along with what the loudest and more crudest members say and then arse lick by liking their replies. It's pathetic really. That is why a lot of people don't post on here, because of the mindset. A fair number are just looking to cause an argument, be rude or abusive, because they are bored or maybe they have a crap life and have to get rid of their frustrations on here. Some of the replies were thought out and I thank those that replied in that manner. But some of the replies were laughable and verging on being naive. But sadly genuine debate is futile on here. So I will be signing off the site and will not be taking part on the post or be replying to people's comments. I hope we don't get a points deduction, but I think it's a possibility. I stick by my comments on Sheff Wed and think it will take a long time to correct our current situation. But don't surprise if Chansiri is gone sooner than many of you think. I all hope you have a good Christmas and a new year. At least there is one thing we can all agree on. You all love the club !!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

MM saved us but his promise to leave us in safe hands was undone by the Mammadov saga.  We had a shirt sponsorship that we never got paid for and the club was sold on a promise.

Paixao and Sir Dave were sold to DC as part of the deal.

Actually, thinking about it, you could probably write our recent history of madness and base it on our shirt/sponsors.

:duntmatter:

So you’re saying Dave Richards has been advising since day one?

7 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

One day on here is enough for anyone. Why you guys want to come on here and make countless posts is beyond me lol. If people don't agree then fair enough, but some are just plain rude and abusive and after a time it becomes boring. This site isn't about having a debate and making sensible points, even if people vigorously disagreed. It's just about a mob mentality, where members are scared to say what they feel. Say they just go along with what the loudest and more crudest members say and then arse lick by liking their replies. It's pathetic really. That is why a lot of people don't post on here, because of the mindset. A fair number are just looking to cause an argument, be rude or abusive, because they are bored or maybe they have a crap life and have to get rid of their frustrations on here. Some of the replies were thought out and I thank those that replied in that manner. But some of the replies were laughable and verging on being naive. But sadly genuine debate is futile on here. So I will be signing off the site and will not be taking part on the post or be replying to people's comments. I hope we don't get a points deduction, but I think it's a possibility. I stick by my comments on Sheff Wed and think it will take a long time to correct our current situation. But don't surprise if Chansiri is gone sooner than many of you think. I all hope you have a good Christmas and a new year. At least there is one thing we can all agree on. You all love the club !!

Only a 5 on the flounceometer 

8 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Cheer up Mick.

Don’t take Owlstalk so seriously. It’s meant to be fun.

You will be back 

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

It's my opinion that you are angry/upset/annoyed/frusted (delete as applicable), to whatever extent that might be, and are looking for a scapegoat. It's very simple and very easy to point the finger therefore at the Chairman. It's my opinion you are looking for answers in all the wrong places. Has DC made mistakes with regards to the finances? Yes he has, but you have to ask why he has made the particular mistakes he has made, and the answer is quite clearly FFP (P&S).

Until such times as either the governance or complience of FFP (P&S) has equal footing with the PL, or until such times as the almost decade old financial figures are corrected to reflect what now needs to be spent in the Championship to merely get by, you will find a lot of clubs trying what ever methods they can to bend the rules without breaking them. When FFP was introduced, top-end Championship players cost around £5M, on probably £15K per week. Now it's £20M and £40K a week just to get some interested. This is way beyond the means of most EFL clubs.

Even clubs with the luxury of the failure payments called Parachute payments would stuggle, but we all know that the money they receive never makes it to the players they had in the PL, because they've been already sold. So now they can lose £39M over 3 seasons, plus an additional £25M per season they were in the PL (so over 3 years they can lose £114M vs our £39M), plus the Parachute payments plus the revenue for the sale of the "big players" after relegation.

It's that extremely level playing field which makes Chairman attempt parity, using any method they can. If this was your business, what would you do as you have offered no alternatives?

Blaming someone is easy. Working out why they have done it in the first place, and finding a resolution to that is much more complex.

Great post, 

19 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's not certain that we will be found guilty over the selling of the club, but if we are, it's more likely to amount to a deduction of points than a fine. The one salient point about this situation, is that realistically the club can go nowhere whilst it's in this permanent cycle with regards to this financial embargo. If the points deduction happens, then it ends our promotion or play off hopes, but I don't think it will end in relegation, unless is a huge amount of points. So it's going to be likely a mid table finish.

In my opinion, this fine or a points deduction needs to happen. It's the only way to get the club out of this mess and will allow the club to operate in the transfer market properly again. Along with this, two other things need to happen. Chansiri needs to sell the club as soon as is possible and the squad needs a complete overhaul. The big earners need to go and the squad needs breaking up. Some players have been here too long and need moving on. I would personally sell or not offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes.

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri. He was the person in charge of the finances. He knew the rules or someone was advising him on the rules. He knew what he was spending in transfer fees and wages and he was the person that decided to sell the club to a company that part of his financial portfolio. He may have done these things for the best of intentions, but the current situation is entirely down to him. With the financial embargo still in place and the club currently for sale, plus an aging expensive squad on the books, it could be the right time to take the punishment of a point deduction if we are found guilty of breaking the EFL rules. 

What is your opinion ?

maybe our fire power should be turned on the EFL  for overseeing a biased unworkable financial system that rewards failure and sabotages investment from owners who genuinely have money to invest in their clubs

42 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

to get rid of all these at once could cause more problems. Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson and Reach I would probably try and keep the rest can go, Winnall and Rhodes should have been gone last window.

These two players are probably on too higher wages for other clubs to be interested in them. 
Not impossible they can be moved on but you probably need to offer them a big golden handshake to go.

16 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

The Blades are i fine example of what can be achieved without tons of money.

I have ben saying that for the last 40 years, but always got shot down by the very same type of Weds fans who still think we can buy our way into the Prem.

Sir Jack Charlton followed on what Len Ashurst started, using the Youth system set up by Steve Burtenshaw and destroyed by Howard Wilkinson in his chase for the dream.

We have been playing catch up with other local clubs ever since in that regards.

Good luck in your efforts to educate the average Wednesday fan.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have ben saying that for the last 40 years, but always got shot down by the very same type of Weds fans who still think we can buy our way into the Prem.

Sir Jack Charlton followed on what Len Ashurst started, using the Youth system set up by Steve Burtenshaw and destroyed by Howard Wilkinson in his chase for the dream.

We have been playing catch up with other local clubs ever since in that regards.

Good luck in your efforts to educate the average Wednesday fan.

Wolves also showed what can be done when you do have it.

..its about the quality of the manager and how the money is spent.

10 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

One day on here is enough for anyone. Why you guys want to come on here and  make countless posts is beyond me lol.If people don't agree then fair enough, but some are just plain rude and abusive and after a time it becomes boring. This site isn't about having a debate and making sensible points, even if people vigorously disagreed. It's just about a mob mentality, where members are scared to say what they feel. Say they just go along with what the loudest and more crudest members say and then arse lick by liking their replies. It's pathetic really. That is why a lot of people don't post on here, because of the mindset. A fair number are just looking to cause an argument, be rude or abusive, because they are bored or maybe they have a crap life and have to get rid of their frustrations on here. Some of the replies were thought out and I thank those that replied in that manner. But some of the replies were laughable and verging on being naive. But sadly genuine debate is futile on here. So I will be signing off the site and will not be taking part on the post or be replying to people's comments. I hope we don't get a points deduction, but I think it's a possibility. I stick by my comments on Sheff Wed and think it will take a long time to correct our current situation. But don't surprise if Chansiri is gone sooner than many of you think. I all hope you have a good Christmas and a new year. At least there is one thing we can all agree on. You all love the club !!

WOW!!

Quite a statement by a guy responsible for over 50 of the posts in this thread.WTF:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

It's my opinion that you are angry/upset/annoyed/frusted (delete as applicable), to whatever extent that might be, and are looking for a scapegoat. It's very simple and very easy to point the finger therefore at the Chairman. It's my opinion you are looking for answers in all the wrong places. Has DC made mistakes with regards to the finances? Yes he has, but you have to ask why he has made the particular mistakes he has made, and the answer is quite clearly FFP (P&S).

Until such times as either the governance or complience of FFP (P&S) has equal footing with the PL, or until such times as the almost decade old financial figures are corrected to reflect what now needs to be spent in the Championship to merely get by, you will find a lot of clubs trying what ever methods they can to bend the rules without breaking them. When FFP was introduced, top-end Championship players cost around £5M, on probably £15K per week. Now it's £20M and £40K a week just to get some interested. This is way beyond the means of most EFL clubs.

Even clubs with the luxury of the failure payments called Parachute payments would stuggle, but we all know that the money they receive never makes it to the players they had in the PL, because they've been already sold. So now they can lose £39M over 3 seasons, plus an additional £25M per season they were in the PL (so over 3 years they can lose £114M vs our £39M), plus the Parachute payments plus the revenue for the sale of the "big players" after relegation.

It's that extremely level playing field which makes Chairman attempt parity, using any method they can. If this was your business, what would you do as you have offered no alternatives?

Blaming someone is easy. Working out why they have done it in the first place, and finding a resolution to that is much more complex.

he has made mistakes not because of the rules but because he chose to ignore them or was blase about circumventing them (we have friends comment)

the man has shown himself to be arrogant and not too bright

If as is currently being said, the sale of the ground took place after the max allowed £39 million three season debt, had been exceeded, we will probably be punished in some way with a points deduction. Thus righting off our promotion chances this season.

However if this is true won’t the £60 million received for the sale of the ground now counts as current season profit, therefore what is to stop the club  taking a hit this season with a view to investing heavily next season with the £60 million that should be in the bank?

• Thanks 1