Chansiri, embargo and the players

8 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

he has made mistakes not because of the rules but because he chose to ignore them or was blase about circumventing them (we have friends comment)

the man has shown himself to be arrogant and not too bright

Until we know the final result of the EFL investigation I'll with hold judgement on that, we may find out he's done his homework and is brighter than some think.

1 hour ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

If as is currently being said, the sale of the ground took place after the max allowed £39 million three season debt, had been exceeded, we will probably be punished in some way with a points deduction. Thus righting off our promotion chances this season.

However if this is true won’t the £60 million received for the sale of the ground now counts as current season profit, therefore what is to stop the club  taking a hit this season with a view to investing heavily next season with the £60 million that should be in the bank?

Because with a points reduction we would stand very little chance of going up and then be back to square 1 again but have broke the over spending rules twice.

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

If as is currently being said, the sale of the ground took place after the max allowed £39 million three season debt, had been exceeded, we will probably be punished in some way with a points deduction. Thus righting off our promotion chances this season.

However if this is true won’t the £60 million received for the sale of the ground now counts as current season profit, therefore what is to stop the club  taking a hit this season with a view to investing heavily next season with the £60 million that should be in the bank?

I could be wrong but im sure the 60m is paid in installments of 7.5 per year.

I think thats another reason the efl investigated.

Took them 11 month to slap a punishment on Birmingham so strap yourselfs in. As hookowl said above Im going to wait till its sorted before judging chansiri there could be more twists.

Till then Im going to get down Hillsborough and get behind the lads.

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Took them 11 month to slap a punishment on Birmingham so strap yourselfs in. As hookowl said above Im going to wait till its sorted before judging chansiri there could be more twists.

that maguire bloke said it was 7.5m per year but i think he has made an assumption based upon the accounts which show 7.5m due within 12m and 52.5m due after 12 months

4 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Think its fair enough waiting to see how it pans out before making a final judgment on Chansiri but even if the case gets dropped you do feel we have been sailing a bit too close to the wind with some of the financial regulations for the last 3 years.

Guest The Horse

Taking a points deduction or fine does not reset the FFP / P&S problem.

We'll still be in the mire next season as well.

It won't be until the season AFTER next where we will be on an even keel.

And that's with sensible controls in place from here on in like we have been doing.

It seems Chansiri's learned that lesson.

I'd stick with him to see it through now unless Bill Gates comes in with an offer.

Guest Ferkorf
56 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think its fair enough waiting to see how it pans out before making a final judgment on Chansiri but even if the case gets dropped you do feel we have been sailing a bit too close to the wind with some of the financial regulations for the last 3 years.

Couldn't agree more, to be honest when news first broke of this as much as it pee'd me off,  I thought well at least if they punish us its a clean slate to just start again and do things right this time... we hope lol

21 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The thing is bizarrely he doesn't sell players.

He doesn't buy that many either lately, but to still have 6 or 7 from the play off finals in the team is odd at best.

It seems he'd much rather fiddle about with the rules, than sell players.

His business plan takes some understanding.

I don’t think the initial plan does.

He bought a 3 year package from MM - club, advisors and based on Leicester.

He went very close first 2 years then it went titsup.

He brought in Jos, Katriene and made a new plan alongside the EFL.  Players were very obviously stood down based on their contract enhancements and the young uns were brought through.  We complied, played ball then it went titsup again.

He brought in Bruce (ahead of sacking Jos) and things looked up.  Bruce fuckedoff but his scouting team remain.

Gets in Monk, doing well again then gets clobbered on a technicality trying to do the same swerve as others have done around the stupid rules.

The bloke was sold a bit of a puppy.

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don’t think the initial plan does.

He bought a 3 year package from MM - club, advisors and based on Leicester.

He went very close first 2 years then it went titsup.

He brought in Jos, Katriene and made a new plan alongside the EFL.  Players were very obviously stood down based on their contract enhancements and the young uns were brought through.  We complied, played ball then it went titsup again.

He brought in Bruce (ahead of sacking Jos) and things looked up.  Bruce fuckedoff but his scouting team remain.

Gets in Monk, doing well again then gets clobbered on a technicality trying to do the same swerve as others have done around the stupid rules.

The bloke was sold a bit of a puppy.

Hell of a technicality putting a dodgy 60 million into the wrong accounting period.

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have ben saying that for the last 40 years, but always got shot down by the very same type of Weds fans who still think we can buy our way into the Prem.

Sir Jack Charlton followed on what Len Ashurst started, using the Youth system set up by Steve Burtenshaw and destroyed by Howard Wilkinson in his chase for the dream.

We have been playing catch up with other local clubs ever since in that regards.

Good luck in your efforts to educate the average Wednesday fan.

Really? Despite them spending half of the last 40 years in the 3rd and 4th tiers! Wow!

• Haha 1

Sorry if someone else posted this, but I'd heard that any points deducted would only be applied if it dropped us into the relagtaion zone or prevented us from getting in the playoffs. 

If the deduction would be inconsequential in relation to the above then it ( the deduction ) would be held over till next season. 

Any truth in this? 

21 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

One day on here is enough for anyone. Why you guys want to come on here and make countless posts is beyond me lol. If people don't agree then fair enough, but some are just plain rude and abusive and after a time it becomes boring. This site isn't about having a debate and making sensible points, even if people vigorously disagreed. It's just about a mob mentality, where members are scared to say what they feel. Say they just go along with what the loudest and more crudest members say and then arse lick by liking their replies. It's pathetic really. That is why a lot of people don't post on here, because of the mindset. A fair number are just looking to cause an argument, be rude or abusive, because they are bored or maybe they have a crap life and have to get rid of their frustrations on here. Some of the replies were thought out and I thank those that replied in that manner. But some of the replies were laughable and verging on being naive. But sadly genuine debate is futile on here. So I will be signing off the site and will not be taking part on the post or be replying to people's comments. I hope we don't get a points deduction, but I think it's a possibility. I stick by my comments on Sheff Wed and think it will take a long time to correct our current situation. But don't surprise if Chansiri is gone sooner than many of you think. I all hope you have a good Christmas and a new year. At least there is one thing we can all agree on. You all love the club !!

Stop being such a drama queen.  

From your posting totals, you're no stranger to this site. So you'll have seen members regularly arguing about just about everything you can imagine. The very subject you chose to post about has seen all the usual hysteria, assumptions, insults, petulance, speculation, ridicule, doom mongering, pragmatism, lecturing, gallows humour etc. The idea that we all are of the same mindset and sit in wait for the occasional outsider so we can gang up on them regardless of the circumstances is just snowflake nonsense.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

And you say I was getting shirty lol precious that.

Precious to you perhaps. I was just giving you my opinion and thought no more of it until now.

You are angry or frustrated though. That much is obvious, or you wouldn't be looking for someone to blame. Nor would you be emotive enough to have decided to post. I don't need to know a whole load about Psychology to know that (but I do know a whole load about Psychology as it happens). And if you are, seriously, it's okay and it's understandable. I'm not exactly over the moon about it myself. However, going around blaming people in the club is, in my opinion, short-sighted when there is obviously a much bigger issue at stake here.

Clubs like ours, Villa, Derby and who knows who else, are having to challenge, in any way possible, the stranglehold of FFP (P&S). It is that and that alone that has caused this problem and if FFP and the finances in football was in anyway fair, you wouldn't hear about stories like this, or see desperate business people attempting to ensure their own investment is sound and secure.

I'll give you an example of the imbalance. When Newcastle were relegated from the PL a few seasons ago they received £41M in parachute payments for their first season in the Championship. On top of that, like all clubs in the EFL, they were permitted to make losses over a 3 season rolling period of no more than £15M, or breach the ceiling of £39M over the same period. For this example, I will use the upper level divided by 3, so Newcastle could lose £13M in their first season (I know finances don't work that equally). On top of that, because they have been in the PL, for every season they have been there, they are allowed to lose another £25M per season. Added together this gave Newcastle spending power of £79M in their first season back. We on the other hand, using the same standards, could have lost £13M, 6 times less.

Now ask yourself were the problem lies? And rather than just blaming someone, come back with a solution. But you can't, because there isn't one. I know it, you know it and we all flipping know it. And that is why I, you and everyone else is frustrated and that frustration is magnified to enourmous proportions at boardroom level. DC is banging his head against a brick wall, and made, again in my opinion, a desperate call on the ground sale. If he pulls this off, he will be a hero and I fully understand why he has done it. I understand his stress, his desire to see us in the PL, his absolute frustration at the corrupt inbalance of FFP, the financial risk he has placed himself under, the huge strain this must be having on him and his family, and it's for all these reasons and more, that I do not blame him for acting like he did. I don't necessarily agree with what he has done, but that doesn't stop me understanding and accepting the reasons why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1