Chansiri, embargo and the players

9 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

What is your opinion ?

It's my opinion that you are angry/upset/annoyed/frusted (delete as applicable), to whatever extent that might be, and are looking for a scapegoat. It's very simple and very easy to point the finger therefore at the Chairman. It's my opinion you are looking for answers in all the wrong places. Has DC made mistakes with regards to the finances? Yes he has, but you have to ask why he has made the particular mistakes he has made, and the answer is quite clearly FFP (P&S).

Until such times as either the governance or complience of FFP (P&S) has equal footing with the PL, or until such times as the almost decade old financial figures are corrected to reflect what now needs to be spent in the Championship to merely get by, you will find a lot of clubs trying what ever methods they can to bend the rules without breaking them. When FFP was introduced, top-end Championship players cost around £5M, on probably £15K per week. Now it's £20M and £40K a week just to get some interested. This is way beyond the means of most EFL clubs.

Even clubs with the luxury of the failure payments called Parachute payments would stuggle, but we all know that the money they receive never makes it to the players they had in the PL, because they've been already sold. So now they can lose £39M over 3 seasons, plus an additional £25M per season they were in the PL (so over 3 years they can lose £114M vs our £39M), plus the Parachute payments plus the revenue for the sale of the "big players" after relegation.

It's that extremely level playing field which makes Chairman attempt parity, using any method they can. If this was your business, what would you do as you have offered no alternatives?

Blaming someone is easy. Working out why they have done it in the first place, and finding a resolution to that is much more complex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I never know whether people who start threads like this and add speculation, half truths and gossip as fact are SU fans or mentally ill (or both).

..or just Wednesday fans with an agenda. All I know is that this sort of thread helps no-one except the pathetic OP who will be counting the number of pages he gets in his thread. Shame on me for contributing to his or her ego trip.

1 minute ago, marble said:

..or just Wednesday fans with an agenda. All I know is that this sort of thread helps no-one except the pathetic OP who will be counting the number of pages he gets in his thread. Shame on me for contributing to his or her ego trip.

Don’t be too hard on yersen, nobdy’s taking it seriously.

6 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

It's my opinion that you are angry/upset/annoyed/frusted (delete as applicable), to whatever extent that might be, and are looking for a scapegoat. It's very simple and very easy to point the finger therefore at the Chairman. It's my opinion you are looking for answers in all the wrong places. Has DC made mistakes with regards to the finances? Yes he has, but you have to ask why he has made the particular mistakes he has made, and the answer is quite clearly FFP (P&S).

Until such times as either the governance or complience of FFP (P&S) has equal footing with the PL, or until such times as the almost decade old financial figures are corrected to reflect what now needs to be spent in the Championship to merely get by, you will find a lot of clubs trying what ever methods they can to bend the rules without breaking them. When FFP was introduced, top-end Championship players cost around £5M, on probably £15K per week. Now it's £20M and £40K a week just to get some interested. This is way beyond the means of most EFL clubs.

Even clubs with the luxury of the failure payments called Parachute payments would stuggle, but we all know that the money they receive never makes it to the players they had in the PL, because they've been already sold. So now they can lose £39M over 3 seasons, plus an additional £25M per season they were in the PL (so over 3 years they can lose £114M vs our £39M), plus the Parachute payments plus the revenue for the sale of the "big players" after relegation.

It's that extremely level playing field which makes Chairman attempt parity, using any method they can. If this was your business, what would you do as you have offered no alternatives?

Blaming someone is easy. Working out why they have done it in the first place, and finding a resolution to that is much more complex.

You are not an pyschologist and besides I don't put my invest my personal happiness in Sheff Wed. So I'm sure your opening gambit say's more about you than me. Yes FFP, is designed to keep clubs like ours from using the Chairman's wealth to the full and it needs changing as you say. But they are the rules at the moment and he still broke them, resulting in our current situation.

Just now, rickygoo said:

I think we know who the silly sausage is that's gotten us into this pickle.

We do. The EFL and their riduculous one-sided rules. I will not blame DC one bit for attempting to find a way of getting us on an equal footing with relegated teams. No other Chairman we have had would have had either the balls or the finances to do what he has done. Has it backfired? Who knows. No decision has been made yet, so why are we all suddenly ITK with regards to wha is going to happen. And if we get a points deductiona and a fine, so what? Will the world end?

1 minute ago, Mick De Lyons said:

You are not an pyschologist and besides I don't put my invest my personal happiness in Sheff Wed. So I'm sure your opening gambit say's more about you than me. Yes FFP, is designed to keep clubs like ours from using the Chairman's wealth to the full and it needs changing as you say. But they are the rules at the moment and he still broke them, resulting in our current situation.

You ask for our opinions did you not? Don't get all shirty when someone replies and disagrees with you. And who said anything about being a Psychologist? I was giving you my opinion which you asked for. If you don't like what people say, don't post bolloxs.

4 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

You ask for our opinions did you not? Don't get all shirty when someone replies and disagrees with you. And who said anything about being a Psychologist? I was giving you my opinion which you asked for. If you don't like what people say, don't post bolloxs.

And you say I was getting shirty lol precious that.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

Guest Grez Bez

You've had a mare here.

Log off, put it to the back of your mind and use tomorrow as a fresh start!

Edited by Grez Bez