Chansiri, embargo and the players

9 hours ago, debram said:

Any ideas to start the fixing process off. 

The Chairman needs proven experienced help and not talking about the Sage and Onion flavoured kind.

He then needs to listen to the help, and let them do their job.

In my opinion anyway. Otherwise this season will turn into another overpriced mid table turdfest.

On 18/11/2019 at 13:24, Mick De Lyons said:

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri.

Well of course it is but there still seems to be a few who don't understand the concept of gambling.

When he placed his bet in year 1, lost in a photo finish, started the race as outsider...so not too bad.

I don't remember anyone moaning at the time. It went tittts up, as it does for many gamblers. Too late to moan now, should have done it while he was splashing the dosh warning of incoming doom and gloom...very few did

On 21/11/2019 at 22:30, toppOwl said:

If it was contractual they wouldn't have played for the club again, you don't have a clause in a contract that kicks in after a number of games then disappears.

Say you get a bonus for playing 20 games in a season. You’ve only  played five and there are now only 14 left. Can you trigger the bonus? 

On 23/11/2019 at 11:20, Sweet Shezza said:

Unless the clause is time bound? 

Maybe Bruce came in and told the chairman he needed to bite the bullet Nd bring back our best players or he wasn’t taking the job? Alternatively bringing them back later in the season may not have triggered the clauses that were a cause for concern. There may not have been enough games left to trigger appeRNce bonuses.

Did you not want to answer my question about Jos? Do you think he looked at the kids as a better option, short or long term? ... when he was watching Westwood and Hutchinson in training every day. One was an ineternational in good form and widely recognised as one of the best keepers in the division. The other a class act from Chelsea, who can play centre mid or centre back. What’s happened to the players who took their places? 

If the club had dropped players in a certain timeframe to avoid triggering clauses (so denying them benefits) the players and players union would be on it like a rash, its nonsense to even suggest it.

8 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Well of course it is but there still seems to be a few who don't understand the concept of gambling.

When he placed his bet in year 1, lost in a photo finish, started the race as outsider...so not too bad.

I don't remember anyone moaning at the time. It went tittts up, as it does for many gamblers. Too late to moan now, should have done it while he was splashing the dosh warning of incoming doom and gloom...very few did

He told us FFP wouldn’t be a problem. Little did we know. 

On 24/11/2019 at 07:49, Mr Farrell said:

The Chairman needs proven experienced help and not talking about the Sage and Onion flavoured kind.

He then needs to listen to the help, and let them do their job.

In my opinion anyway. Otherwise this season will turn into another overpriced mid table turdfest.

Been saying this for ages, but DC will not swallow his pride and admit that his advisors have got it so, so wrong.....the evidence is clear for everyone to see !!

he needs a couple of people in (CEO and director of football) with experience of sensibly managing a clubs finances at this level.

The type of people who would have pointed out to the chairman that we didn't need to spaff a shedload of money on Jordan Rhodes as we already had 6 or 7 strikers on the books,  the type of people that would have put a stop to wasteful signings like Emmanuelson, the type of people who would point out that after signing one 30 year old midfielder not known for his mobility (Abdi) the last thing we needed was another one (Jones).

The type of people that might have said no to a has been wideman (Boyd) and that maybe someone like Ollie Watkins might be a better option looking forward, and the type of people that would have advised the chairman that we needed at least one significant departure to help balance the books.

21 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

I always think this is a flawed argument. Very unrealistic that a majority of supporters are qualified accountants, have full access to the clubs accounts and know the fine detail of the football league FFP / P&S but I would expect someone employed by Sheffield Wednesday to be.
When Wednesday made a big money signing supporters had faith that Chansiri knew what he was doing with the clubs finances, sadly that faith has been misplaced.

14 hours ago, toppOwl said:

If the club had dropped players in a certain timeframe to avoid triggering clauses (so denying them benefits) the players and players union would be on it like a rash, its nonsense to even suggest it.

Who a manager selects is purely subjective. How would the players’ union prove their case?

And now your suggesting that clubs do everything straight down the line. No skullduggery. 

Not like we’ve had financial problems in recent years is it?  Not like we’ve needed to watch our spending on players and wages? In case we overspend.

I remember listening to the FFP expert on the radio last year.  He said we had few choices but one of them was to bite the bullet, let the players go and start from scratch this season with youngsters and build up from there.

Looking at the mess we are in now maybe we should have done that.  At least it wouldn't be hanging over the club.

The modern game to me feel rotten to the core, sickening tbh!

3 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Been saying this for ages, but DC will not swallow his pride and admit that his advisors have got it so, so wrong.....the evidence is clear for everyone to see !!

he needs a couple of people in (CEO and director of football) with experience of sensibly managing a clubs finances at this level.

The type of people who would have pointed out to the chairman that we didn't need to spaff a shedload of money on Jordan Rhodes as we already had 6 or 7 strikers on the books,  the type of people that would have put a stop to wasteful signings like Emmanuelson, the type of people who would point out that after signing one 30 year old midfielder not known for his mobility (Abdi) the last thing we needed was another one (Jones).

The type of people that might have said no to a has been wideman (Boyd) and that maybe someone like Ollie Watkins might be a better option looking forward, and the type of people that would have advised the chairman that we needed at least one significant departure to help balance the books.

Who are these so called advisors, anyone know?

1 minute ago, Mus said:

Who are these so called advisors, anyone know?

Well there are 23 teams in our division alone and only 3 or 4 of those teams are going to break the P&S limits so looking at any of the other 20 teams could be a start.

Every team even Manchester United and Real Madrid sells players so they can balance the books and don't have uneven squad.

But the issue with us could well be Carlos and Jos, they were both continental coaches who don't look after all things players like an English manager would and instead leave that to a director of football - unfortunately for us that person in Roeder left after signing all the good players and was replaced with DC, someone with no experience in running a football club (his word not mine)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Who a manager selects is purely subjective. How would the players’ union prove their case?

And now your suggesting that clubs do everything straight down the line. No skullduggery. 

Not like we’ve had financial problems in recent years is it?  Not like we’ve needed to watch our spending on players and wages? In case we overspend.

If suddenly a number of players were dropped from the first team before reaching a certain number of games that was a clause in their contract it wouldn't take any proving, was it also a coincidence that the clause ended just at the time when Bullen was put in temp charge, your clutching at straws.

• Like 1