Chansiri, embargo and the players

23 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don’t think the initial plan does.

He bought a 3 year package from MM - club, advisors and based on Leicester.

He went very close first 2 years then it went titsup.

He brought in Jos, Katriene and made a new plan alongside the EFL.  Players were very obviously stood down based on their contract enhancements and the young uns were brought through.  We complied, played ball then it went titsup again.

He brought in Bruce (ahead of sacking Jos) and things looked up.  Bruce fuckedoff but his scouting team remain.

Gets in Monk, doing well again then gets clobbered on a technicality trying to do the same swerve as others have done around the stupid rules.

The bloke was sold a bit of a puppy.

I really don't think this is true at all.

23 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hell of a technicality putting a dodgy 60 million into the wrong accounting period.

:ghoulguy:

Well he didn't. Not according to the professionally chartered accountants.

The amateur pen pushers at EFL, think he did and as they have no professional standards to adhere to, they can take points from us based on their suspicion. 

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The same players played though soon after when Jos left the building, what enhancements do you think were in place?

I simply think there was a plan, during that period, monitored by EFL, under embargo etc when Jos and Katriene came in.

It was a mixture of needs must and breaking up CC’s previous system of “the chosen.”

It was scrapped when Jos was fired and Bruce was in before that happened.

24 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Well he didn't. Not according to the professionally chartered accountants.

The amateur pen pushers at EFL, think he did and as they have no professional standards to adhere to, they can take points from us based on their suspicion. 

If we haven't done anything grubby or broken any rules we'll be fine then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we haven't done anything grubby or broken any rules we'll be fine then.

We've definitely broken the EFLs pathetic pointless and ineffective rules so we are probably not fine.

Careless really on our part I agree that.

We haven't broken any actual real UK or EU laws though.

Ironically the EFL could not impose this shhhit in the real world as they would be likely to be acting acting illegally through restraint of trade and they would be defaming the accountants who signed off the accounts. We could probably sue now for defamation.

It's a fekfest.

Kafkaesque.  

On 18/11/2019 at 21:24, Mick De Lyons said:

It's not certain that we will be found guilty over the selling of the club, but if we are, it's more likely to amount to a deduction of points than a fine. The one salient point about this situation, is that realistically the club can go nowhere whilst it's in this permanent cycle with regards to this financial embargo. If the points deduction happens, then it ends our promotion or play off hopes, but I don't think it will end in relegation, unless is a huge amount of points. So it's going to be likely a mid table finish.

In my opinion, this fine or a points deduction needs to happen. It's the only way to get the club out of this mess and will allow the club to operate in the transfer market properly again. Along with this, two other things need to happen. Chansiri needs to sell the club as soon as is possible and the squad needs a complete overhaul. The big earners need to go and the squad needs breaking up. Some players have been here too long and need moving on. I would personally sell or not offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes.

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri. He was the person in charge of the finances. He knew the rules or someone was advising him on the rules. He knew what he was spending in transfer fees and wages and he was the person that decided to sell the club to a company that part of his financial portfolio. He may have done these things for the best of intentions, but the current situation is entirely down to him. With the financial embargo still in place and the club currently for sale, plus an aging expensive squad on the books, it could be the right time to take the punishment of a point deduction if we are found guilty of breaking the EFL rules. 

What is your opinion ?

We all know it went shirt potatoes up when we spaffed all our coin on overpaid, slow Prem / Huddersfield/ Blackburn/Middlesbrough hasbeens. 

Chansiri knew this was coming hence appointment of Monk. Monk probably also was told "it's 50/50 we'll lose points and be done for FFP, keep us in the league and we'll have to plan for season 2"

I've said it before,all DC has to do,is buy the best players he can afford in Jan,who then get us promoted,and foooo oook the EFL and the rules just like a dozen other clubs have...

He either has one mega spending spree with the money he says he'll put in,but isnt allowed too or we go into next season with our eyes shut and fingers crossed,because it looks like we are up the creek....

UTO FTFB.....

On 20/11/2019 at 16:21, sonofbert2 said:

I simply think there was a plan, during that period, monitored by EFL, under embargo etc when Jos and Katriene came in.

It was a mixture of needs must and breaking up CC’s previous system of “the chosen.”

It was scrapped when Jos was fired and Bruce was in before that happened.

yes that's what happened...who knows what would have happened if Katrien had remained and the selling of the ground had happened earlier

On 20/11/2019 at 16:15, toppOwl said:

The same players played though soon after when Jos left the building, what enhancements do you think were in place?

Is it your honest opinion that Jos thought the young players to be a better prospect, short or long term, thank the established professionals he froze out? Even after watching them train week after week?

1 hour ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Is it your honest opinion that Jos thought the young players to be a better prospect, short or long term, thank the established professionals he froze out? Even after watching them train week after week?

If it was contractual they wouldn't have played for the club again, you don't have a clause in a contract that kicks in after a number of games then disappears.

15 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I've said it before,all DC has to do,is buy the best players he can afford in Jan,who then get us promoted,and foooo oook the EFL and the rules just like a dozen other clubs have...

He either has one mega spending spree with the money he says he'll put in,but isnt allowed too or we go into next season with our eyes shut and fingers crossed,because it looks like we are up the creek....

UTO FTFB.....

And he does that and we dont get promoted??

On 20/11/2019 at 21:52, Peacenocchio said:

We've definitely broken the EFLs pathetic pointless and ineffective rules so we are probably not fine.

Careless really on our part I agree that.

We haven't broken any actual real UK or EU laws though.

Ironically the EFL could not impose this shhhit in the real world as they would be likely to be acting acting illegally through restraint of trade and they would be defaming the accountants who signed off the accounts. We could probably sue now for defamation.

It's a fekfest.

Kafkaesque.  

Well if he club dont like the rules that the others seem to operate in they could just leave the league.

On 21/11/2019 at 22:30, toppOwl said:

If it was contractual they wouldn't have played for the club again, you don't have a clause in a contract that kicks in after a number of games then disappears.

Unless the clause is time bound? 

Maybe Bruce came in and told the chairman he needed to bite the bullet Nd bring back our best players or he wasn’t taking the job? Alternatively bringing them back later in the season may not have triggered the clauses that were a cause for concern. There may not have been enough games left to trigger appeRNce bonuses.

Did you not want to answer my question about Jos? Do you think he looked at the kids as a better option, short or long term? ... when he was watching Westwood and Hutchinson in training every day. One was an ineternational in good form and widely recognised as one of the best keepers in the division. The other a class act from Chelsea, who can play centre mid or centre back. What’s happened to the players who took their places? 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Unless the clause is time bound? 

Maybe Bruce came in and told the chairman he needed to bite the bullet Nd bring back our best players or he wasn’t taking the job? Alternatively bringing them back later in the season may not have triggered the clauses that were a cause for concern. There may not have been enough games left to trigger appeRNce bonuses.

Did you not want to answer my question about Jos? Do you think he looked at the kids as a better option, short or long term? ... when he was watching Westwood and Hutchinson in training every day. One was an ineternational in good form and widely recognised as one of the best keepers in the division. The other a class act from Chelsea, who can play centre mid or centre back. What’s happened to the players who took their places? 

It was Jos’ decision. We know this because the very next game Bullen played Westwood, Hutchinson, Boyd and Jones who’d all been left out