Game Management

Guest The Horse
12 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I said just before they equalised that I didn't think we'd hold on. Could feel it in my water. 

Exactly the same here.

Just felt it.

We played well though overall.

Not quite as bitter tasting as last week.

Actually got some positives to take from that.

7 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

You can forgive 1 game where the players lose their heads. However, in the next game to do it again is unacceptable and laughable. We should be higher but the fact is we are not. Somehow still 7th!

If we get to January and still in touching distance, hopefully we will be able to get more ‘intelligent’ players in as Monk describes it. The league is poor this season and if we got our act together... who knows.

This is typical Wednesday. 

We're only 7th because we've played all the poo sides early on. We'll not be 7th when we reach the halfway point of the season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

Agree a forward with pace and finishing ability plus a quality left back and the play offs are very doable. Held are own against both Leeds and Swansea who are both highly touted.

You add 3 decent additions to the team and we could be good.. I am no where near as annoyed tonight as I was last week. Monk’s comments after the game says it all... without saying it literally, he said that that players need to learn and be calm to see out games. Nice way of saying that the players do not have the game management required.

Lots of games before window opens, for time being, players need to get it together and learn quickly!

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Last 2 games have been absolutely shocking game management. Really pi$$ed off tonight. 

we have no game management,the last 5 mins of every game are panic,even when we have dominated,we look terrified at the end of games.....

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

We're only 7th because we've played all the poo sides early on. We'll not be 7th when we reach the halfway point of the season. 

From now till 1st Jan, these games will make or break our season. Judging by last 2 games, I have to agree!

One thing I will say: such a shame we didn’t go with the tactics today vs Blackburn!!! 

We were great at seeing out games in CC's second season when we finished 4th, especially in the second half of the season, we were winning loads without playing well but had the ability to shut games down, and now we're shambolic at it.

Yet 10 of the 11 players who finished today's game were here then... 

Edited by alanharper

Guest LittleG
36 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

when you are winning with a couple of minutes left , you see the game out. put it in row z . waste time , hold it by the corner flag , do anything you can to see it through. 

That's what they should do, unfortunately they couldn't get hold of the ball long enough to do it 

19 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Agree a forward with pace and finishing ability plus a quality left back and the play offs are very doable. Held are own against both Leeds and Swansea who are both highly touted.

Certainly room for improvement (tell me a position on the pitch where that isn’t the case) but I think we should be looking at right back as more of a priority - either that or give Odibajo a run.

We were the better side overall and we deserved to win.

At 2-1 it was a won game and then complete panic. Even the usually reliable FF (in those circumstances), when he had the ball on the edge of our box, should have run forward with it to force a tackle, instead lumped it to Rhodes. They should watch that last 3 minutes over and over until they understand what to do in those situations.

Guest LittleG
25 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The one thing that annoyed me today was straight after the FF goal we bring in Rhodes and move FF onto the wing????? He's just scored playing through the middle then you move him :ghoulguy:

Fully agree with this, could not understand switching FF wide after he'd scored. We were finally doing something different instead of lobbing it up to the 2 big lads. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

My favourite moment was where a Swansea player outpaced Rhodes to the ball, then missed the ball and outpaced him again in the other direction.

That, or Palmer somehow managing to blast it against the Swansea player when anywhere else but there would have been ok

I lost my head when Palmer tried to clear it. He waited 5 seconds before putting his foot through it and when he did he smashed it straight at a Swansea player.

It was so amateur. 

Literally seen this exact last ten minutes about 50 times in 30 years. It's the absolutely archetypal Wednesday game.

Doesn't matter who the manager, players, staff, fans, opposition side etc etc are, it happens twice a season, every season. It's like a hex for all eternity.