Palmer, Fox, Rhodes

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Palmer and Fox are the most improved players at the club. I think our manager’s influence and confidence in them has helped tremendously. Under Monk, can we expect Jordan Rhodes to also improve substantially to the point where he can fully justify regular starts?

We know what Rhodes can do when fully confident, but are we to stop believing that Monk can get the best out of Rhodes too? I for one, would love to think that Rhodes can get back on track.

I personally think Rhodes was past it when we signed him. I might be wrong but I don’t think he will ever be the goal scorer he was no matter who he plays for.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Palmer and Fox are the most improved players at the club. I think our manager’s influence and confidence in them has helped tremendously. Under Monk, can we expect Jordan Rhodes to also improve substantially to the point where he can fully justify regular starts?

We know what Rhodes can do when fully confident, but are we to stop believing that Monk can get the best out of Rhodes too? I for one, would love to think that Rhodes can get back on track.

That fully confident Rhodes was last seen in 2015. 

If we'd got nine outfield players that could do the work of ten, Rhodes would be in the line-up.

Unfortunately, the teams of the present need all players to pull their weight for it to function properly.

Rhodes just doesn't do enough in that respect.

I'd love him to prove me wrong though and force his way in.

Guest LondonOwl313
26 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Has Rhodes actually been in a match day squad for a Championship game under Monk ?

Came on against Hull for 20 mins and was anonymous 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

The only reason Rhodes hasn’t already left is his wages, it can’t be anything else. What a horrid situation to be him. I can’t see us agreeing a deal with anyone in January and he’ll probably leave on a free next summer 

Think he has 18 months left unfortunately.. yeah must be horrible to be him, sat at home chilling for £2m a year

I think Rhodes is finished as a Wednesday player.

I just cannot see anyway back for him. He's fourth (fifth, if you include FF) choice striker under a manager that tends to prefer a lone striker system. 

It's imperative, for both himself and the club, Rhodes moves on in January. Unfortunately, I just don't see a queue of suitors for a guy on £35k/week who's scored just two goals in the last 12 months. 

Even at a 50/50 split, it's still a substantial amount of money for a club to commit to, in a league where many are cutting their cloth. 

That said, we need to improve our attacking options in January, and if we could recoup a bit of money for our players who are surplus to requirements, then it could all add up to bringing in one or two that could make the difference. 

Does anyone have stats on number of crosses this season vs previous? It feels like we are crossing from the line a lot more, and I believe that suits Jordan's style of play much better that the possession based football of previous campaigns?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sabostar said:

Does anyone have stats on number of crosses this season vs previous? It feels like we are crossing from the line a lot more, and I believe that suits Jordan's style of play much better that the possession based football of previous campaigns?

Historically he has had his best seasons when he has played up top with a big striker partnering him.

You'd think the way we are playing he would be perfect for a few games along side Fletcher, which leads you to think there is more to this than just purely footballing reasons.

Guest Grez Bez

I'd like it but I think he's done at Wednesday.

Someone will take him, people always want goalscorers and his previous record will make someone think get that back out of him

Wouldn't surprise me if Leeds took a look

So I can see people are being cautious in not committing to writing him off too early. lol

Sometimes weird things happen, a player gets a chance out of the blue and takes it.

I’m hoping that is what happens, in the same way I hoped Westwood would get another chance, and Hutch, and that Palmer, Fox and Joey would come good, and that Winnall started firing on all cylinders, and Nuhiu went on a scoring run.

So I’m not writing him off yet. 

4 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I think Rhodes is finished as a Wednesday player.

I just cannot see anyway back for him. He's fourth (fifth, if you include FF) choice striker under a manager that tends to prefer a lone striker system. 

It's imperative, for both himself and the club, Rhodes moves on in January. Unfortunately, I just don't see a queue of suitors for a guy on £35k/week who's scored just two goals in the last 12 months. 

Even at a 50/50 split, it's still a substantial amount of money for a club to commit to, in a league where many are cutting their cloth. 

That said, we need to improve our attacking options in January, and if we could recoup a bit of money for our players who are surplus to requirements, then it could all add up to bringing in one or two that could make the difference. 

Surely if we're not going to play him its nonsense to keep him. We'd be better off if someone will pay £5K a week. Might be better off going to USA, Australia or India.