Palmer, Fox, Rhodes

Palmer and Fox are the most improved players at the club. I think our manager’s influence and confidence in them has helped tremendously. Under Monk, can we expect Jordan Rhodes to also improve substantially to the point where he can fully justify regular starts?

We know what Rhodes can do when fully confident, but are we to stop believing that Monk can get the best out of Rhodes too? I for one, would love to think that Rhodes can get back on track.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Palmer and Fox are the most improved players at the club. I think our manager’s influence and confidence in them has helped tremendously. Under Monk, can we expect Jordan Rhodes to also improve substantially to the point where he can fully justify regular starts?

We know what Rhodes can do when fully confident, but are we to stop believing that Monk can get the best out of Rhodes too? I for one, would love to think that Rhodes can get back on track.

Palmer and Fox had improved under Bruce and what we are seeing is a continuation of that combined with Monk being very good at setting the defensive side of our game up.

I won't be holding my breath in expectation of any significant improvement from Rhodes unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Palmer and Fox had improved under Bruce and what we are seeing is a continuation of that combined with Monk being very good at setting the defensive side of our game up.

I won't be holding my breath in expectation of any significant improvement from Rhodes unfortunately.

No worries, a maybe is good enough for now.

• Like 1

If Rhodes was getting on the bench I'd think Monk is expecting to use him but he seems to have slipped off the radar. We know Rhodes is a nice lad and a pro but it seems like he has no interest in playing for us. Obviously we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes but maybe Rhodes wanted the Norwich move and he's got the monk on (sorry, couldn't resist) because it didn't happen or maybe he or his agent upset DC and he's blocked him from playing because of his disrespect.

We just don't know.

A fit, enthusiastic and determined Rhodes could be a good option to have in a game like yesterday but you wouldn't want to put him into a game like that if he was just going through the motions. It would be like playing with 10 men.

35 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You are right we all know what Rhodes can do, hence why he’s not in the squad 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

Rhodes was done before we signed him, Karanka, Carlos, Jos, Bullen and Monk have all chosen not to play him.  

Karanka played him and he scored 1 in 4 for them I believe.

Coco fecked him over.

Less said about dross the better.

I had hope Bruce would be the one to get him firing again but to say that didn't go to plan would be an understatement.

For whatever reason it's just not worked for him which is a real shame but these things happen.

He now needs to move on to a new club for good of all concerned.

Guest LondonOwl313
22 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d say Rhodes is done with us. Doesn’t want to be here. 

Be gone in January imo. 

He won’t be going anywhere on those wages.. nobody is going to take him on 40k a week when he can’t get on our bench

its the same with Winnall.. Would probably bang them in in League 1 but nobody would pay him 15k a week

have to hope that he can force his way in but seen nothing to suggest he’s doing that. Not making excuses for him, but he’s useless up front on his own.. only way it could possibly work is if he played alongside Fletcher in a 4-4-2 with wingers getting balls in. But we don’t play like that.. either we’re playing 1 up front or 2 up with both expected to hold the ball up

Vast majority of his appearances for us have been either on his own, alongside FF or coming on for 20 mins replacing Fletcher. It’s no wonder he doesn’t score. But given that’s been going on for 3 years his confidence must be shot. Probably end up sat around until the end of his contract now