Palmer, Fox, Rhodes

Players will always attract criticism here because of the nature of our fan base. We're expected to pay top whack to watch our team, a team that's been out of the limelight for two decades while our neighbours arguably are over achieving on a modest budget? We have a lot of players who find consistency a problem hence the critiscm that flies around. As for the players mentioned in this thread, Palmer is a solid player but far from outstanding. Fox is having a good spell in the team but I don't think he's good enough to be the long term left-back here if we're serious about getting promotion? If you pair Rhodes with a target man then he has a chance of producing as we saw yesterday but will he be here long term? I doubt it?

• Like 1

Its all about man management, play proven players to their strengths and look what happens, it's not rocket science.

All this bo##ocks that football has changed, absolute pile of poo, scoring goals is the same now as it was a hundred years ago, the goals are the same size, there are still 11 player per team and some players have the know how to score and Rhodes has that in bucket loads, he now has a manager that appreciates what he is about.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 12:21, NIOwl said:

Rhodes was done before we signed him, Karanka, Carlos, Jos, Bullen and Monk have all chosen not to play him.  

Any one else think that karankas boring all out defensive football, get a goal and shut up shop started the rot with Rhodes. 

Then we pay all that cash on him (record price tags can be heavy to bear) 

Then he gets here and we play football under Carlos that also dosent suit Rhodes, slow build up, inverted wingers etc. 

On 15/12/2019 at 20:37, Great Big Galaa said:

Players will always attract criticism here because of the nature of our fan base. We're expected to pay top whack to watch our team, a team that's been out of the limelight for two decades while our neighbours arguably are over achieving on a modest budget? We have a lot of players who find consistency a problem hence the critiscm that flies around. As for the players mentioned in this thread, Palmer is a solid player but far from outstanding. Fox is having a good spell in the team but I don't think he's good enough to be the long term left-back here if we're serious about getting promotion? If you pair Rhodes with a target man then he has a chance of producing as we saw yesterday but will he be here long term? I doubt it?

Tbf, not every player in a good side has to be absolutely brilliant. 

For all the quality players, you need a few who just stick to their job and are solid, consistent and reliable. 

I think both Fox and certainly Palmer have developed into that. Yes, they are not great fullbacks per se, but they do a good job and are part of a team doing well right now. 

As for Rhodes, well, who honestly knows. I'd completely written him off until a couple of weeks ago. He then produces a performance like that and you just wonder whether Monk is the man to finally get him firing. 

If he can, then we become a real threat.