Contactless payments - check the amount and get a receipt

Guest Theboylangers

18 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Contactless is excellent - our Gert is German and they don't have it as much over there. Does our bonce in I tell thee

In Germany, they don't generally accept cards in many places which I find really strange. Last time I was there, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had asked me to pay the hotel room with pelts upon checkout.

Edited by FinnishOwl
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

£23 for a pint of larger?  Don’t give Chansiri any ideas.  That’s still way cheaper than a matchday ticket.

All jokes aside, they won’t give you a refund straight away.  Give it 5 working days and if you’ve still not got your refund, ring the club back to chase it up.

Be £23 for a smaller if it was up to him! :ph34r:

I don't trust contactless payments , they don't except cash so they get nowt from me any more. strange when you go to away games cash is fine ,but not at home. the world we are living in you need to check your account online everyday to make sure some scam artist aint clearing you out. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, poite said:

Pretty sure that's the point of the thread mate

If he's definitely seen it's said the supposed price then fair enough, just when it comes to contactless payments a lot of people, myself included tend to just scan the card without much thought. Hopefully he gets his refund, contactless is supposed to speed things up and make things more convenient so it's a ball ache when anything like this happens.

Guest Theboylangers
3 hours ago, Jon Newsome said:

If he's definitely seen it's said the supposed price then fair enough, just when it comes to contactless payments a lot of people, myself included tend to just scan the card without much thought. Hopefully he gets his refund, contactless is supposed to speed things up and make things more convenient so it's a ball ache when anything like this happens.

Correct, I didn't check, my bad. No receipt and assumed that typing in £3.80 would be fairly straightforward for the bar person. 

I will check in future instead of just flashing my card at the machine. Mistakes can be made, we are all capable of errors in our working lives. 

Edited by Theboylangers

11 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Correct, I didn't check, my bad. No receipt and assumed that typing in £3.80 would be fairly straightforward for the bar person. 

I will check in future instead of just flashing my card at the machine. Mistakes can be made, we are all capable of errors in our working lives. 

You'd have thought so mate, some of these kids they get working behind the tills aren't the brightest though. Hope you get refunded.