Contactless payments - check the amount and get a receipt

Guest Theboylangers

Guest Theboylangers

First of all this is not a whinge.

It's a friendly warning to anyone who uses contactless payment in the ground to check the the amount when you are presenting your card to make sure that the right amount is being charged and get a receipt. 

I ordered a pint from one of the bars in the South Stand against Wigan and cost was £3.80. Paid on card and foolishly, didn't check the amount or get a receipt. 

Checked my bank statement on Monday and £22.80 has been taken out instead of £3.80. 

Rang the club and despite being promised a refund, this hasn't happened yet so I have followed up with an email today. Bank won't do anything without proof (I.e. do a Visa Chargeback). 

I wouldn't want anyone else to be out of pocket so just be vigilant folks. 

You will get the refund probably. Just a mistake someone made at the till. 

Also I might be wrong with those card machines you don't get a receipt when paying contactless as it's supposed to be quick. To get a receipt you might have to chip and pin. May be wrong though. DONT pay by chip and pin though because if your stood in front of me I will attack you. 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

It's a friendly warning to anyone who uses contactless payment in the ground to check the the amount when you are presenting your card to make sure that the right amount is being charged and get a receipt. 

I ordered a pint from one of the bars in the South Stand against Wigan and cost was £3.80. Paid on card and foolishly, didn't check the amount or get a receipt. 

Checked my bank statement on Monday and £22.80 has been taken out instead of £3.80. 

Rang the club and despite being promised a refund, this hasn't happened yet so I have followed up with an email today. Bank won't do anything without proof (I.e. do a Visa Chargeback). 

I've been under charged for pints as if they were halves at least 4 times this season...its brilliant!

I noticed that multiple tills were using the same card reader when I paid for drinks last time. Maybe you've mistakenly paid for someone's 6 pints and they've had a result!

Please forward your description and seat number, so I can queue behind you in future. Regards.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

£22 for a pint on the South is quite reasonable. Prawn Sandwich £50, go on the 50:50 is a tenner and programmes £20. Life of the privileged few.WTF:

Wait till they put up the price of Worthers Originals to £15 a bag . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, flo said:

You will get the refund probably. Just a mistake someone made at the till. 

Also I might be wrong with those card machines you don't get a receipt when paying contactless as it's supposed to be quick. To get a receipt you might have to chip and pin. May be wrong though. DONT pay by chip and pin though because if your stood in front of me I will attack you. 

You have an option, they usually ask if you'd like a receipt.

You're safer on the North, they wouldn't dare try that on there.

2 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

thats London prices!

Guest The Horse

Aren't you protected if you use a credit card as opposed to a debit card?
Pretty sure you can get your money back if it's a clerical error. Not applicable to debit cards though.
I erm, think.