Monks Musings - Wigan

My favourite part of the press conference:

image.png.dd1a784174230cc77a7eea23c38a992b.png "Where are the threats gonna come from, from Wigan... on Saturday...? What we ought to look out for actually f**k it I can't be arsed finishing this question. Do you mind if I just sit here quietly and... meh."

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

My favourite part of the press conference:

image.png.dd1a784174230cc77a7eea23c38a992b.png "Where are the threats gonna come from, from Wigan... on Saturday...? What we ought to look out for actually f**k it I can't be arsed finishing this question. Do you mind if I just sit here quietly and... meh."

Mine was when he asked

"Is it important to be positive..."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

Sounds like he's looking for Winnall and Rhodes to put a shift in. Hard work will equal a return to form. Sulking and feeling sorry for yourself hoping for something to happen won't work.

They are just not good enough to do anything but hang about and put the ball in the net and at the minute they aren't even doing that. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be great news to have Fletcher back. So important we keep him fit. On one hand if we are to win tomorrow I feel he has to play but on the other I would hate for him to come back to soon and get injured again. Tough decisions for Monk. 

TBH Fletcher missing out on international duty is a bonus for us, same applies to Westwood. Even more so when you listen to the importance GM places on working with the squad over the international break.

Out of all the managers we've had for a while, if he was going for any job interview i think he would get the job ahead of others we've had, you would trust him being a salesman or working in HR. Talks sense and looks the part. Lets hope he keeps producing results.

Also the reach question? really? Why don't we ask him what his favourite pie is seen as we are playing Wigan? or where was he when Ben Watson scored against City in the FA cup final?

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

They are just not good enough to do anything but hang about and put the ball in the net and at the minute they aren't even doing that. 

Im far from convinced by Winnal, but against Town and Hull I thought he found brilliant space and created plenty for others. Plus, he’s got on the end of crosses to score one and narrowly miss two.

Best he’s played for us.