Wednesday -V- Everton OMDT (LC 3rd rnd)

Quality omdt as per. Maintaining the formal, analytical approach still. That photo at the top of the page of the south stand, brilliant. That's what it's all about for me tonight.

Running up the stairs from the concourse, getting giddy, then seeing the floodlit arena, with the bright green grass sparkling cos it's wet. A full, noisy away end to compete with.

Who cares if it's the lesser of the cups? One of our finest hours was in this competition. I was there at Wembley. 2 of the 5 of us that went are no more. RIP. Let's get out there & get into them. Score first & these will buckle, mentally, if our crowd is up for it.

Amazing to think we're seen by them as weak, lower league opposition. I know we are, but it's sad that we used to mix it with these on a regular basis.

A scalp to be had nonetheless.

So let's swoop down with talons exposed & get the scalp.

Nothing worse than watching the draw for the next round saying 'that would have been us'

UTO.

We will win 3-0. Arsenal revisited.

• Like 7

I like Everton, they’re a proper football club with proper supporters and have a traditional stadium.

That said, on to the football. They looked clueless against United in the highlights of that game, and United won easily simply by being organised and keeping their shape, and by getting numbers behind the ball when defending. They simply waited for a chance to regain possession and hit Everton on the break. Everton looked poor throughout but especially in defence.

We have a chance of winning this. Everton are no Worldbeaters.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm a bit of a softy at heart. I'd love to see the lad get a run against the boyhood club.

Family in the stands and what not.

image.png.79cb5b12cc311211baa7c79c7dfab0fc.png

I always find this odd being motivated to play against the club you support. I know they're professionals and its their job but if i was playing against Wednesday i'd still want us to win.

1 minute ago, WAWAW said:

I always find this odd being motivated to play against the club you support. I know they're professionals and its their job but if i was playing against Wednesday i'd still want us to win.

I would. But only on penalties after a 3 all draw in which I had scored a perfect, left, right and diving header hat-trick in front of the KOP.

• Like 1

Just now, WAWAW said:

I hope they were all own goals.:biggrin:

Alas not. I've still got a job to do for my employers.

However upon scoring my diving header with a full length, propelled from a cannon style leap, I would stand in front of the KOP with a 'I'm sorry' look upon my face before lifting my shirt to reveal "WAWAW." 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm a bit of a softy at heart. I'd love to see the lad get a run against the boyhood club.

Family in the stands and what not.

image.png.79cb5b12cc311211baa7c79c7dfab0fc.png

He was a fine goal poacher when he was a lad, till Everton academy switched him to defence. 

Yer never know !! 

• Like 1