Wednesday -V- Everton OMDT (LC 3rd rnd)

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

It's getting to that funny stage now we're I'm actually feeling for the lad.

Nuhiu and Winnall have been great both attitude wise and playing wise when they've come on for bit parts this season. They've had to be patient and let Fletcher (deservedly) be first choice. It would be an insult if Rhodes was to suddenly bag a starting spot ahead of AN and SW. 

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Nuhiu and Winnall have been great both attitude wise and playing wise when they've come on for bit parts this season. They've had to be patient and let Fletcher (deservedly) be first choice. It would be an insult if Rhodes was to suddenly bag a starting spot ahead of AN and SW. 

I agree with that. 

If we're to move him on he needs games somewhere to get himself in the shop window. 

Other than a loan spell, which no one seems to have approached us about there's only really the cups.

Of course, this brings me back to one of my pet peeves - There being no 'proper' reserve league anymore. 

But that's another rambling moan for another day!

3 hours ago, WAWAW said:

I always find this odd being motivated to play against the club you support. I know they're professionals and its their job but if i was playing against Wednesday i'd still want us to win.

Imagine... Playing in front of our Kop, Wednesday attacking in the last minute, I couldn't resist knocking an own goal in (and celebrating). 

The Everton fans are not happy with their team an early goal for us tonight and the pressure will be on them.

Lets mix it up team wise tonight with an experienced backbone.

Westwood, Palmer, Borner, Thorniley, Iorfa, Harris, Lee, Luongo, Murphy, Winnall, Rhodes 

It would be nice to see 1 or 2 of the under 23's on the bench, Alex Hunt and Preslav Borukov.   Bannan, Fletcher rested for the important game against Boro at the weekend.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's getting to that funny stage now we're I'm actually feeling for the lad.

I really feel for the lad. He’s had an excellent early career but his last 7 managers haven’t fancied him and he’s not been a regular starter for 4/5 seasons.  I don’t know where he’s at mentally at the moment. Also, very likely he will be stuck with us until June 2021 with very little game time.

Like it’s been mentioned so many times on here, football has moved on massively over the last 5 years and his all round game is not good enough. 

1 hour ago, acquiescefc said:

Last day of my mini Wednesday holiday. 

Hoping to fly back with an actual win as opposed to one that felt like a win.

Can't remember last time I've seen us chuffing win. 

Know what it's like mate...back in the late 80s when I lived away went to 14 games saw us score 6 goals and win none .....

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

What's Rhodes's problem. He's obviously not showing anything in training, maybe he's on too much money and don't give a feck.

He might be showing something in training. Infact Monk said only yesterday that he thinks he's a bit unlucky not to be in the squad.

Suspect it's more a case of, like Bouncing Owl said earlier, these days you can't afford to have a goal hanger in the side. Not in a division this competitive.

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He might be showing something in training. Infact Monk said only yesterday that he thinks he's a bit unlucky not to be in the squad.

Suspect it's more a case of, like Bouncing Owl said earlier, these days you can't afford to have a goal hanger in the side. Not in a division this competitive.

Absolutely, no comparison compared to Fletchers all round contribution. 

Edited by debram
Spelling