Team for Everton

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’m not sure for this one. If we were playing a weaker team I’d play the fringe players but we will get hammered. A few changes for me and rest the older players but the same back four.

Dawson

Odubajo       Iorfa        Borner    Palmer

Luongo     Bannan

Murphy               Winnall            Reach

Nuhiu

Subs: Jones, Bates, Fox, Pelupessy, Lee, Harris, Rhodes

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s the perfect chance for Monk to have a look at more of the squad. I’d be tempted to go with....

Dawson

Iorfa

Thornley

Bates

Fox

Murphy

Loungo

Lee

Reach

Nuhiu

Rhodes

I understand why you’ve picked this team but we will get battered with this.

Westwood

Odubajo      Iorfa       Thorniley      Fox

Murphy        Lee       Luongo      Reach        

Nuhiu     Winnall 

I'd rest Harris. Wouldn't be risking him in this game. So much of our early season form has relied on his ability. 

I've give Reach a run on the left.  Give him a bother game to try and play his way into a bit more of his sparkly self. 

(Not that I think he's been "poor" poor, despite not catching the eye much he's still been involved in some good stuff and put in some decent delivery even if we haven't benefitted from it.)

I'd give Fox a run out. I thought he was doing ok before and it's important not only that we keep Palmer fit but also don't allow the back up lads to drift. Besides, unpopular as it might be I like Fox's crossing. He gets good whip on on and gets it behind the defence for people to attack rather than at the man and them having to generate the power with their neck.

Thorniley would definitely start for me. His boyhood club. And it, I'd probably give him the armband. Nothing lost and a experience gained. 

Luongo and Lee We know what Lee can produce when he's up to speed and that's where I want him to be. Vital he gets more minutes in his legs. Equally Luongo, no pre season as such it's important he builds his "game legs"

Westwood I know it's par for the course to stick the reserve keepers in these days. Not for me. It's not like they're haring about like lunatics. Besides there wasn't really much to do on Saturday and he's had a bit of a slow start to the season for my money. Game time.

Murphy and Odubajo are fit as fiddles but both been patchy. Get some more time under your belts in a less pressurised game. Get out there and enjoy yourselves lads. Play into form.

Nuhiu and Winnall Absolute no brained.  Fletcher shouldn't be risked under any circumstances and these two lads have bagged in recent weeks and looked lively.  More minutes and a good run out will only help them sharpen up even further. And I actually think as a pairing they might make a right old handful.

3 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Dawson

Baker  bates throniley fox 

Reach luongo pelupessy Murphy 

Nuhiu Rhodes 

Jones

Palmer

Iorfa

Lee

Harris

Winnall 

Grant 

I like that.3 league games in 8 days coming up as to take priority for me …….don't think monk will go with that though 

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Wouldn't make too many changes.

Dawson

Odubajo Borner Bates Fox

Luongo Lee Bannan

Murphy Nuhiu Harris

Just the six changes then?

WTF:

My selection...

Westwood

Iorfa, Bates, Borner, Fox

Murphy, Luongo, Lee, Reach

Nuhiu, Winnall.

18 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Dawson

Moses bates thornilley fox

Harris bannan luongo reach

Murphy

nuhiu

Murphys crossings been awful but a nice finish vs barnsley, so would try his pace up top/no10 off nuhiu for an hour and look to counter with pace

Wouldn't be a bad one to try. 

Wouldn't risk Fletcher, hutch, Lee, Iorfa, Borner or Harris. 

Maybe give bates & Thornilly a start together again. 

Winnall up top with Rhodes could be an option, as they where quite effective for the first few games after they signed together. 

• Thanks 1

Are some of you wanting us to go out there and get turned over tonight? 

Why go out and field a weak team?

I'd hope DC will be having a word with the Monk and tell him to go for it tonight. Another win and the feel good factor continues and we could draw another big club at home in the next round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Wouldn't be a bad one to try. 

Wouldn't risk Fletcher, hutch, Lee, Iorfa, Borner or Harris. 

Maybe give bates & Thornilly a start together again. 

Winnall up top with Rhodes could be an option, as they where quite effective for the first few games after they signed together. 

Cheers, winnall with nuhiu alot more likely but like iorfa has suprised a few at cb, think murphy could centrally with his pace in a 4231/4411 behind nuhiu, as jj and antonio did up front at times, especially on the break

Edited by Ash77

I would rest Fletcher & Hutchinson because they will struggle Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, and we need 3pts at the weekend. The rest are fair game.