Team for Everton

I would play the strongest team possible -

maybe swap lee for luongo from Saturdays line up so he’s not pushed too quickly.

Edited by ka58

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s the perfect chance for Monk to have a look at more of the squad. I’d be tempted to go with....

Dawson

Iorfa

Thornley

Bates

Fox

Murphy

Loungo

Lee

Reach

Nuhiu

Rhodes

I’d go very similar but odabajo for Iorfa and Winnall for Rhodes 

Save Iorfa for right back on Saturday presuming Lees is fit and give Winnall a start over Rhodes to give him more minutes in the legs 

Dawson

Moses bates thornilley fox

Harris bannan luongo reach

Murphy

nuhiu

Murphys crossings been awful but a nice finish vs barnsley, so would try his pace up top/no10 off nuhiu for an hour and look to counter with pace

Edited by Ash77

I would go with a mixture of first choice and squad players. 

Big game for Everton and Marco Sila after Saturdays defeat with Man City to play on Saturday.  Defeat to us then a battering by City could see Silva out of the door. 

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Thornily 

Fox

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

Murphy 

Harris

Nuhiu

Edited by Hirstys_12th_Pint

I think he should minimise any changes. He is trying to get the players playing his way and every game is an opportunity to push this further.  Also Everton are on the rack and while a win is not expected keeping the pressure on them can only be to our advantage. With that in mind I would bring in Dawson (and encourage him to distribute the ball quickly) and also it must be time to give Luongo a game, with probably Nuhiu starting in place of Fletcher

• Like 1

Everton generally play 4-2-3-1 so I'd expect us to stick with 4-3-3. Need someone to stick tight to their playmaker. Borner would be perfect, but that means Hutch would have to drop into defence for cover.

Edited by Hitcat

Strongest possible team EVERY GAME

We have seen this a million times now. We put second team out or fringe players if you like. Then we lose and for some unknown reason it affects the first team when they return. Winning breeds confidence.