Wilkos 5-a-side team..

40 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Though only here for one year Degryse would walk into my 5 a side team.

What a player. 

Very skilful player, shame his stay was so short, think i remember him saying later that the physical nature of the English game was one of the reasons he went back or maybe

my memory is playing tricks on me. Anyway who can forget the wonderful day he helped destroy leeds in the 6-2 game, well worth checking out on youtube.

• Like 2

5 a side. Hmm. Some of the usual requirements of the full game aren't needed here. I'll not be needing the aerially dominant centre half for starters.

I'll not be picking the boy Woods neither.  Once saw some 5-a-side thing at the arena and he got lobbed. In a 5 a side net! To make it worse I'm pretty sure it was by Tony Agana.

Anyway...

I need a keeper who gets down well so I'm going with Westwood.

Rest of the team is all out attacking talent so I'm not having a box to box runner or an aerially dominant centre half, or a midfield hatchet man.

Westwood

2                3

Sheridan        Degryse

4              5

Di Canio        Waddle

I'm having a two man bench. I don't care what the rules. You need subs in this game.

Carbone who has the skills for the small sided game and can bang a rocket.

And I better have a defender in case we're defending a lead.

But he needs to be able to pay a bit...so Maijd Bougherra.

A greatest 5-a-side is a lot harder in some ways to picking a greatest 11?

I'd go for Ron Springett; Ernie Blenkinsop, Terry Curran, Fred Spiksley and Johnny Fantham, with Big Ron as manager plus John Harkes and Jackie Robinson as substitutes.

R Springett

E Blenkinsop

2              3

T Curran          F Spiksley

J Fantham

They might lack balance but what they'd lack in tenacity, they'd make up for with ball control; skill, energy, the ability to dribble and keep the ball all day long.