Forestieri

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Legal court,  beyond a reasonable doubt. 

FA, balance of probabilities. Do you think he's done it? Yes. Guilty.  

See that's the thing, you are either Guilty or not. In the UK the Law is supposed to be the benchmark, so not guilty in law, but looks like the FA know better than Judges. Bit of a slippery slope.

So FF found not guilty but it suits the FA to make an example of him, but quite ok for our players to be assaulted and no action.

They really are out of touch with the game. Wish all the Championship clubs would knock on the PL's door and ask for PL 2. 

One thing which really bothers me is that the report after the original EFL decision stated that they found the accuser more believable which is a major part of their decision. Forestieri is not from this country and speaks limited English.

There seems to be no other reason than believing one persons word over another despite the fact Forestieri has been playing in this country for a long time and there are no previous accounts of racism during this time. Even when the accuser was asked what was said he wasnt 100% sure at the beginning that Forestieri had definitely said what he thought he had said.

For me it's a dangerous precedent that a player can be found guilty of racism on the word of one person. Racism is so high profile at the minute (quite rightly) that for me there has to be more than one persons word that someone has been racist in order to punish them. This will stick with Forestieri for the rest of his life, he is now racist in the eyes of every football fan and even wider audience across the world based on one other persons word. 

It's a lot more than having to miss 6 games and losing some money it's about character and being labelled as a racist is a very serious matter.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, keefdave said:

What an absolutely awful 3 months we're enduring.

lets hope an awful 3 months don't turn into an awful 12 months, as the way we are been run and treated ,we might get our ground shut! 12 points deduction and that in turn sees us relegated and be in such a meltdown that in league 1 we have to sell every player of value . the sad thing is this doomsday scenario is looking like it could be a reality. what we need is leadership on and off the pitch and communication we are getting neither.  I doubt even lee bullen knows whats going off. 

12 hours ago, A12owl said:

The main point surely about all this is that The Queens Court of Law found him (and it wouldn't matter who it was) NOT GUILTY after considering all the evidence available to them.

Then Mickey Mouse's investigation are saying that the Court of this country is wrong and make their own opposite decision. 

The more you think about it and discuss it then the more ridiculous it gets.

It's the basis of the whole civil law system. It's not saying the criminal court was wrong  - they operate on a different basis.

Do you think they're going to/should rip up the British legal system because a few Wednesday fans kick off? 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's the basis of the whole civil law system. It's not saying the criminal court was wrong  - they operate on a different basis.

Do you think they're going to/should rip up the British legal system because a few Wednesday fans kick off? 

The courts certainly do operate on a different basis ..a much higher threshold of evidence for starters..

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

lets hope an awful 3 months don't turn into an awful 12 months, as the way we are been run and treated ,we might get our ground shut! 12 points deduction and that in turn sees us relegated and be in such a meltdown that in league 1 we have to sell every player of value . the sad thing is this doomsday scenario is looking like it could be a reality. what we need is leadership on and off the pitch and communication we are getting neither.  I doubt even lee bullen knows whats going off. 

E93957A6-3028-4365-B187-96EBCC0FC87E.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

An EFL panel is not the British legal system. Asking for the EFL to require a higher burden of proof than one person's word against another has nothing to do with the British legal system.

Workplace disciplinary procedures in ordinary businesses all over the country require less proof than a court of law but usually more than one person's word against another. This would be especially true if there were other witnesses who did not hear what was said. It would be extremely difficult to justify an official reprimand of any severity. In this case there were other players and the referee present but only one person heard it and seemed to be unsure of exactly what was said at first.

The most laughable aspect to me is the contention by the panel that none of the words FF used could ever possibly be mistaken for the n word. I don't speak Spanish but Google translate audio stresses the hard g sound in "verga" so I can absolutely see why it could be mistaken for the n word.

Sorry for digressing a bit back to the (de) merits of the case. My point was really to say that you don't have to rip up the whole legal system to ensure that the EFL's disciplinary hearings are fair, transparent and sufficiently evidence based.

2 hours ago, torres said:

9 game ban & £50k fine for one adult male calling another adult male a name. 

it isn't just a name though is it if he did say it.

My problem with it is the way that they arrived at their conclusion as I partly said in the previous post. If he did say it then he deserves the punishment but I'm not sure there is enough proof that he did on reading the transcript.

52 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

it isn't just a name though is it if he did say it.

My problem with it is the way that they arrived at their conclusion as I partly said in the previous post. If he did say it then he deserves the punishment but I'm not sure there is enough proof that he did on reading the transcript.

It is just a name. 

A grown man was upset about being called a name that he told on FF like a 5 year old. 

How come the abuse Bruce and Ashley have had hasn’t been brought up??

5 minutes ago, torres said:

It is just a name. 

A grown man was upset about being called a name that he told on FF like a 5 year old. 

How come the abuse Bruce and Ashley have had hasn’t been brought up??

If you are a grown man yourself I can't see why you don't understand that it is not just a name to the people on the receiving end of it.

Pearce may have been mistaken, he may have made the story up but if it was actually said then he was right to report it. It is a word which carries more meaning than a mere name

Bruce and Ashley are irrelevant to this. I don't know what abuse you are referring to but I'd agree there is a line that shouldn't be crossed in any form of banter/abuse - racist or not.

23 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Loses appeal. Farcical.

I agree Castleford Owl. Forestieri has been found guilty by the FA after a criminal law trial found him Not Guilty of the same charge on the same evidence.. How can the actions of the FA be lawful? In my view it amounts to libel in defaming the player after he was acquitted in Court.  Try making a public declaration stating that someone was guilty of a crime after they'd been found not guilty and seeing how long it takes for the libel lawyers to start swinging round your neck.  How is it then that the FA are able to get away with it?  Presumably because they think they're above the law and no-one has challenged them on it yet.  Imagine if Fernando was a direct employee of the FA and they took this action against him, under the same circumstances.  An employment tribunal would have a birthday!!  Don't underestimate DC suing the FA on this with the decision of the Criminal Court under his belt.