Stood here at Deepdale

If we beat QPR and the performance is back to where it was in the first two games then the mood will swing straight back towards Bullen, opinions are all over the place at the start of a season.

I’ve got a feeling we’ll have appointed a permanent manager by the Huddersfield game, the international break is the ideal time to do it. Whether it’s Bullen or not remains to be seen. 

Long ball to fletch every time. So predictable and so boring. Nothing ever comes of it. Stood there today bored until the last 15 minutes and the unlikely supersub Nuhiu put in a performance!

The warm up every week is the game in a small space where 2 teams of 4 and 2 'universal' players play keep hall. Then the whistle blows and it's route one! Crazy.

Westwood today - so slow. Full backs terrible. Centre halfs were decent. Bannan awful, Fletcher battled but to no effect. The football and tactics were dire.

Thanks Bully but we need someone with much more nous.

2 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Long ball to fletch every time. So predictable and so boring. Nothing ever comes of it. Stood there today bored until the last 15 minutes and the unlikely supersub Nuhiu put in a performance!

The warm up every week is the game in a small space where 2 teams of 4 and 2 'universal' players play keep hall. Then the whistle blows and it's route one! Crazy.

Westwood today - so slow. Full backs terrible. Centre halfs were decent. Bannan awful, Fletcher battled but to no effect. The football and tactics were dire.

Thanks Bully but we need someone with much more nous.

This ^^ 

We have decent footballers at the club, Reach, Lee, Bannan, Forestieri, Luongo etc, yet we’re playing route one. 

I wouldn’t mind that tactic if I thought we didn’t have good players. But there’s not many of that Preston team id swap into our squad yet they were worthy winners.

Why do we find it so hard to find a manager who can motivate and organise the team to play to their capabilities? Bizarre 

6 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

He needs to be bold to get the job, drop bannan for Luongo and possibly move back to a 442... Bannan was a passenger today as was Lee

I think Luongo is strong enough to play in a middle two next to either Lee or Hutch.

Lee, Luongo could work. with repack and harris out wide and two strikers.

For all his talent, Bannan all too often is muscled out of games.

16 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think Luongo is strong enough to play in a middle two next to either Lee or Hutch.

Lee, Luongo could work. with repack and harris out wide and two strikers.

For all his talent, Bannan all too often is muscled out of games.

Agree, with Luongo and Hutch you could almost play a 424 if needed

We've not played great in any games yet, only average despite people creaming themselves over the results

No offence to Bullen but we need a proper manager, is so obvious it's frightening. The comment about the Millwall game alone (justification for dropping Nando) was enough to show he's not ready

Just now, brian joicey said:

Does anyone think we went there to win that game ? 

Did we show a ‘winning Mentality ‘ ? 

Will the current ‘philosophy ‘ get promotion ? 

Two fast wingers flanking Fletch will work in some games but not that one.

In theory it's attacking but in reality they hardly saw the ball.

That cos we couldn't control the midflield because there was no out ball up front.

As soon as Nuhiu came on all that changed. But too late.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

And it's the worst I've seen us play since Jos got sacked.

He has so much talent at his disposal, but we are shocking. 

Cheers Bullen but yr times up. Need a proper manager quickly.

Alex Neil would be an excellent choice. 

Preston under Bruce was far worse but on that day we were lucky to get the breaks, today our right back made 2 identical mistakes and it didn't fall for us at the end like it did last season, that's football. Goals change games. Preston were buoyed by the pen when before that both teams were bang average.

Frustrating yes, but no need for the panic button given the bizarre circumstances of the match today. 

If Bullen starts struggling Chansiri will bring someone in, I think that's the plan, but I think we've had a decent start given we've had 3 away games.

Edited by Owls2k

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

And it's the worst I've seen us play since Jos got sacked.

He has so much talent at his disposal, but we are shocking. 

Cheers Bullen but yr times up. Need a proper manager quickly.

Alex Neil would be an excellent choice. 

I agree with all but the last line, there's no way I want Alex Neil anywhere near Hillsborough with his niggly timewasting anti-football that his teams have produced every time I've seen them. It's not as if Preston were/are any better than us, and we were poor,  they got the breaks with the pens but other than that it was a typical Neil performance.  

39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Two fast wingers flanking Fletch will work in some games but not that one.

In theory it's attacking but in reality they hardly saw the ball.

That cos we couldn't control the midflield because there was no out ball up front.

As soon as Nuhiu came on all that changed. But too late.

Absolutely, the two wingers are passengers in away matches because they never see the ball and fletch is isolated.not an attacking line up at all and significantly hampers us because those 3are so easily marked out of the game and there is no movement from them to open up space for the midfield.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I wouldn’t say so.

Against Millwall we couldn’t find the finish, and the goal was from an error

Today was more about how bad we were rather than Bullen being out coached.

Although he dropped a massive clanger leaving Odubajo on the the second half. It was as clear as day he was having a ‘mare and should have been hooked at HT - as was said at HT.

That part is concerning...does he have the real ruthless streak to hook / drop someone when needed..

I also don’t like this slightly awkward rotation of the bench...today’s bench was probably about right, he doesn’t need to stick people on there to keep them happy

There is definitely a Mr nice guy theme going on. 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Because 9 points from 3 aways and 2 homes isn’t good enough is it?

Take a breath.

The worry I have is we’ve lost the only 2 tricky looking games out of the first five and made hard work out of the other 3.

9 points off two newly promoted sides and a relegation candidate and 2 defeats off seasoned championship sides.

Edited by ka58

It's down to Mr C ultimately.

I hope he thanks Bullen for his efforts, and asks him to revert to his previous position.

We had the manger best suited to the task in hand, but he s h1t on us.

The problem for Mr C now, isn't should I keep or replace Bullen? It's who do I replace him with.

Edited by Dronfield Blue

Should have only played Harris as winger today with a support player for Fletcher up front . Whilst ever we keep hoofing long balls to Fletcher without that support the opporsites are going to win the ball - 2 big bruisers on Fletcher all day today . Midfield , Bannan in particular totally out of it , not supporting Fletcher when he did win the ball .

We need to up the tempo again - play the ball on the deck through midfield not just hoofing it up field .There didnt seem to be any drive or enthusiasm for most of the game today and once again the curse of PNE won .