Stood here at Deepdale

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Ive seen nothing from these 5 games to make me want to sack him.

I’ll take 9 points from three games.

You learn more from the games you lose though. If we want a bang average return from this squad stick with Bullen. If we actually want to move forward as a team then it needs a better person

So we had a 100 applicants and interviewed some. Rumoured that it was offered to at least one applicant. Presumably all those interviewed have been told no thanks. Does this mean we have to start the whole process again?

lol so take today they were all over us for seventy minuits , we only woke up at the end , sorry that ain't good enough football is about ninety mins + and not about turning up a third of the way through a game , sadly we will lose far more than we will win playing that way , and it is even worse when we know the players can play .

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I’ll take 9 points from three games.

I wouldn't sack him off the back of these 5 games, but that's fine as he's only a caretaker anyway.

And that's the advantage of letting the caretaker audition for the job, but I've personally seen enough now.

We've started the last 3 games slowly - 4 games but for the goal after a few minutes against Barnsley because we were still poor for much of that first half.

This was a major source of frustration we had with CC too, and there's just no excuse to starting games slowly, letting the opposition get a foothold in the game.

I want a manager that'll have us on the front foot from the first whistle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

There is no design behind the subs. 

Its reactive and desperate. 

Try this try this.

Can't keep making up for a poor game plan when the horse has bolted.

That’s my biggest concern now. Bruce got us starting games faster and made a huge point on the emphasis of “getting the first goal”.

In the Millwall, Luton and now Preston game it’s took till the second half to get the team going, usually reacting to what our opponents are doing rather than being proactive and letting the opposition react. I noticed this in his press conferences recently, talking up the opposition too much, especially in the Millwall game. 

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I’ll take 9 points from five games, especially with three aways.

In my opinion we won’t finish anywhere near top 6 with Bullen.

With the squad we have, we have managed to get 9 points, which although good is down to having a good squad rather than leadership.

And good is not the mentality our neighbours have had for the past few seasons.

We have to be aiming for top 6 and believe we are going out to win every game.

I believe our squad is good enough with the right, positive man in charge.

Edited by Spookone

3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

That’s my biggest concern now. Bruce got us starting games faster and made a huge point on the emphasis of “getting the first goal”.

In the Millwall, Luton and now Preston game it’s took till the second half to get the team going, usually reacting to what our opponents are doing rather than being proactive and letting the opposition react. I noticed this in his press conferences recently, talking up the opposition too much, especially in the Millwall game. 

Start of the season Bullen said we were going to play a pressing game and we did but now it's all gane a bit Carlos and Jos

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darra said:

Start of the season Bullen said we were going to play a pressing game and we did but now it's all gane a bit Carlos and Jos

I agree, the way we did that at Barnsley I was very excited for the season. But turns out Bullens adapting the team each game to the opposition, like at Millwall.

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I agree, the way we did that at Barnsley I was very excited for the season. But turns out Bullens adapting the team each game to the opposition, like at Millwall.

Love him or loathe him (loathe) at least Wild pig sticks to the same game plan every game.

5 minutes ago, darra said:

Love him or loathe him (loathe) at least Wild pig sticks to the same game plan every game.

Because he’s a top manager regardless of who he manages or supports. It’s just unfortunate for us it’s them. 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Needs a coach a long side him.

If not then we need a new manager in place. 

Don't think that's the answer. Not just for the fans sake but the players need to know who's going to be permanently in charge.

Guest LittleG
45 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Because 9 points from 3 aways and 2 homes isn’t good enough is it?

Take a breath.

Not just about the points total, its also about the performances, which appear to be going backwards.

Is it fair to say he’s been out coached in his last two away games? 

We wouldn’t have said that about Bruce? Not that I want him back but we need someone who’s very experienced at this level and knows when to press, when to go long, when to bring on a CDM to close the game out etc etc. 

Bullen is still cutting his teeth at this level but that’s not what we need. We need experience of play off football, away performances at tough places. Grinding games out, putting weaker teams to the sword particularly at home. 

We need more. 

11 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Is it fair to say he’s been out coached in his last two away games? 

We wouldn’t have said that about Bruce? Not that I want him back but we need someone who’s very experienced at this level and knows when to press, when to go long, when to bring on a CDM to close the game out etc etc. 

Bullen is still cutting his teeth at this level but that’s not what we need. We need experience of play off football, away performances at tough places. Grinding games out, putting weaker teams to the sword particularly at home. 

We need more. 

I wouldn’t say so.

Against Millwall we couldn’t find the finish, and the goal was from an error

Today was more about how bad we were rather than Bullen being out coached.

Although he dropped a massive clanger leaving Odubajo on the the second half. It was as clear as day he was having a ‘mare and should have been hooked at HT - as was said at HT.

That part is concerning...does he have the real ruthless streak to hook / drop someone when needed..

I also don’t like this slightly awkward rotation of the bench...today’s bench was probably about right, he doesn’t need to stick people on there to keep them happy

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1