Winnall

Frustrating that he doesn't even make the 18. It says alot when we tried to offload Rhodes during the summer yet he gets on the bench ahead of him

Clearly something isn't quite right as Carlos, Jos, Bruce and now Bullen have all opted against picking him

Maybe it's down to his attitude or application in training but I find it strange as he comes across really well in interviews and seems desperate to play. He wouldn't have gone on loan to Derby if that wasn't the case

We're not blessed with goals so it's hard to understand why he's left in the cold. He was prolific for Barnsley and even at Derby he got a few before his injury

We could really do with him as we're lacking in the goals department now Joao has been sold

Edited by IWEDFM

21 goals at one every 161 minutes in the Championship.

Thats very good. Similar to Hooper. Slightly better than Rhodes. Much better than Forestieri or Fletcher.

So what is it with him? Neither our managers nor many of us fans see enough in him. 

• Like 1

Just now, 4evaowl said:

He needs to go out on loan. He's had a bad ACL injury so needs regular starts somewhere to get him fully back up to speed. Bring him back after Christmas and it could be like a new signing for the run in.

I don't think he should be sent out on loan

I would rather see him coming off the bench last 25-30 mins than Nuhiu to be honest

12 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Frustrating that he doesn't even make the 18. It says alot when we tried to offload Rhodes during the summer yet he gets on the bench ahead of him

Clearly something isn't quite right as Carlos, Jos, Bruce and now Bullen have all opted against picking him

Maybe it's down to his attitude or application in training but I find it strange as he comes across really well in interviews and seems desperate to play. He wouldn't have gone on loan to Derby if that wasn't the case

We're not blessed with goals so it's hard to understand why he's left in the cold. He was prolific for Barnsley and even at Derby he got a few before his injury

We could really do with him as we're lacking in the goals department now Joao has been sold

For me he has an extremely poor first touch which lets him down badly. But I think I would trust him more than I do Rhodes. 

I've seen nothing in Winnall myself to say he offers anything that the others don't.  In fact we've hardly seen anything of him at all.

It might be worth seeing how he might fit into the current system though as I'm pretty sure he was playing the central role in a 4-5-1 cum 4-3-3 for Barnsley the season when we signed him?

Not saying he can do it. But might be worth a look.

If not you'd think any reasonable bid and we'd let him go.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope he is at least on the bench on Tuesday night. Surely more of a goal threat than Nuhiu. 

I would swap him for Rhodes.

Had big expectations for Rhodes after signing 2 wingers thinking all he needs is the service.

But he comes on with his head down, doesn’t look interested and is very slow. 

I can understand if he's on the bench but to not even include him in the matchday 18 is strange when we aren't blessed with goalscorers

Fletch and Nuhiu will be lucky to get 15 between them this season

Why oh why every single season without fail do we have a post about (insert name of player) who isn't getting in the team currently but who would come in and totally transform things, he's not in the team for a reason that the people who are better placed than any of us to decide have deemed correct.

The exception to this were the decisions of that idiot of a manager we started last season with who isn't worthy of a mention.

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Why oh why every single season without fail do we have a post about (insert name of player) who isn't getting in the team currently but who would come in and totally transform things, he's not in the team for a reason that the people who are better placed than any of us to decide have deemed correct.

The exception to this were the decisions of that idiot of a manager we started last season with who isn't worthy of a mention.

Yeah ok then

Why do we bother talking about anything. May aswell close Owlstalk and have done with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

442 or 352 gives our embarrassing wealth of strikers more of a chance to start or come off the bench. 

Winnall has never played in a Wednesday team with wingers who can get the ball into the area. I remember Barnsley fans saying he'd struggle due to how we played when he signed, but he still scored against them. 

He's a runner too. He's not finished at Wednesday. He's got unfinished business.

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

Yeah ok then

Why do we bother talking about anything. May aswell close Owlstalk and have done with it

Because its been said every season for about as long as I can remember, said player then gets a chance and nothing changes.

Guest LittleG
22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope he is at least on the bench on Tuesday night. Surely more of a goal threat than Nuhiu. 

I'm more of a goal threat than Nuihu!

11 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Looks like he's up to his old tricks again, but he's not draft. Hamburg is quite a place to visit. 

lol

Screenshot_20190818-154426_Chrome.jpg

Guest LittleG
12 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Are people not supposed to have opinions then! I'm not saying that I agree / disagree about Winnall but dont have a go at posters for their different views