Winnall

4 hours ago, owl84 said:

Makes me laugh when people keep going on about Winnall has anyone watched him in U23s?

He’s far from the player he was before his injury in-fact he’s no where near the level that he was. He struggles to run never mind anything else. 

Would explain a lot. 

6 hours ago, A12owl said:

So far this season Rhodes has played 38 minutes. People are writing him off already. His goal to minutes ratio for Norwich last season was as good as any of our strikers. 

Give the bloke a chance now we have 2 proper wingers and are playing to what should be to his benefit. 

He was terrible Saturday though and I think his time might be up.

Guest LittleG
7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Maybe true but we had 7 strikers. Yes we got rid of Hooper( arguably the best one) because his contract was up and then sold Joao, someone who I suspect we wanted to keep. We still have 5 so there’s no way we could bring one more in. There will be massive change in this area next summer with Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuhiu and Winnall all out of contract. At least 3 of those 4 are likely to leave.

Knowing our luck, Nuihu will be the one not to leave!

31 minutes ago, LittleG said:

He's been here far too long it's time to ship him out. He's only good spell was under Jos where he couldn't stop scoring for a certain period but apart from that has never been a goalscorer and has never been much of a threat

The more I think about it the more I think we made a mistake releasing Hooper. He would thrive in our current side and would guarentee goals in this set up

8 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

He's been here far too long it's time to ship him out. He's only good spell was under Jos where he couldn't stop scoring for a certain period but apart from that has never been a goalscorer and has never been much of a threat

The more I think about it the more I think we made a mistake releasing Hooper. He would thrive in our current side and would guarentee goals in this set up

That period coincided with his contract being up!

Hooper would be a great addition for sure. Pay as you play.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, LittleG said:

He’s better than Rhodes and Winnall! I

hoping we sell Winnall and possibly Nando in January so we can get one in. Then let Nuhiu go in the summer and re-sign Fletcher hopefully on less money. Then we can look to get Rhodes out next summer too and maybe get two new strikers in. Interesting times ahead in this department.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
47 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I see your point about Hooper but kind of disagree. He isn’t great at playing as a single striker. The 4-3-3 system means there is no number 10 which means Hooper would have struggled and been benched just like Nando has been.

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He’s better than Rhodes and Winnall! I

hoping we sell Winnall and possibly Nando in January so we can get one in. Then let Nuhiu go in the summer and re-sign Fletcher hopefully on less money. Then we can look to get Rhodes out next summer too and maybe get two new strikers in. Interesting times ahead in this department.

Whether people think he's better or not, Nuihu, JR and Winnall are not up to the standard required. Like I said it's a pity no club wanted these players in the summer; it would have been nice to move them on and get 1/2 loan strikers in.

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

A bit harsh for just a few minutes played.

Rhodes is pretty much finished at this level I think.

Edited by ka58

6 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

So lot more than a few then and was terrible.

Anyway 3points tonight so happy with that.

Winnall Looked like a dog chasing a tennis ball last night.

woeful.

Edited by ka58

Guest Jack the Hat

I thought winnallwould fit into our style of play and was looking forward to him coming on, but he was terrible. He was slow and looked knackered the moment he came on. The difference between him and fletcher was immeasurable. He really was bad.

On 19/08/2019 at 20:09, owl84 said:

Makes me laugh when people keep going on about Winnall has anyone watched him in U23s?

He’s far from the player he was before his injury in-fact he’s no where near the level that he was. He struggles to run never mind anything else. 

On the money Owl84...

actually quite shocking to see his condition last night

22 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I see your point about Hooper but kind of disagree. He isn’t great at playing as a single striker. The 4-3-3 system means there is no number 10 which means Hooper would have struggled and been benched just like Nando has been.

Exactly.

Hooper would spoil the team ethic in this current set up 

No real position for him, with the way he plays and distinct lack of pace and overall work rate 

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I thought winnallwould fit into our style of play and was looking forward to him coming on, but he was terrible. He was slow and looked knackered the moment he came on. The difference between him and fletcher was immeasurable. He really was bad.

He looked totally unfit last night, no energy or willingness to put himself about and looked like he was running through deep soft sand. If he was the best option from the bench then just hope Fletch stays fit