Winnall

9 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

There has to be something in all the rumours about Winnall being bad for dressing room harmony, could be the reason we cant move him on.

Wasnt there a rumour him and forestieri had a fight or something?

33 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

There has to be something in all the rumours about Winnall being bad for dressing room harmony, could be the reason we cant move him on.

Do remember Laws on the wireless last season saying he got on great with him but that he could be a handful in the dressing  room. Or words to that effect

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Do remember Laws on the wireless last season saying he got on great with him but that he could be a handful in the dressing  room. Or words to that effect

if thats the case pity he cant back up his arrogance with his footballing skills, say little and do your talking on the pitch is the trait of a successful footballer.

5 hours ago, ka58 said:

Remember playing Blackburn at home towards end of last season.

winnall started and was completely ineffectual. Nuhiu came on - scored - and effected the game to the extent we scored 3 of our 4 goals with him on the pitch.

And we can counter with at least a dozen times Nuhiu's come in in the 2nd and done the square root of fizz all .

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, LittleG said:

I'm more of a goal threat than Nuihu!

People forget that Nuhiu actually got 14 goals less than 2 seasons ago. For me he’s much more useful in both boxes off the bench than either Rhodes or Winnall!

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

People forget that Nuhiu actually got 14 goals less than 2 seasons ago. For me he’s much more useful in both boxes off the bench than either Rhodes or Winnall!

Neither JR, Nuihu or Winnall are good enough to be on the bench. That's the one area we should have strengthened in the summer but didn't. I suppose we needed to move 1 or 2  out but if nobody wants them we're stuck with them

9 hours ago, LittleG said:

Neither JR, Nuihu or Winnall are good enough to be on the bench. That's the one area we should have strengthened in the summer but didn't. I suppose we needed to move 1 or 2  out but if nobody wants them we're stuck with them

Definitely

I think Rhodes and Nuhiu have had their day which is why selling Joao was hard to take. He is still young and scores goals yet we moved him on without replacing him. Harris is a winger so he wasn't a direct replacement. To be honest I expected a bigger shake up over the summer. I expected more in's and more out's. The players we did sign have improved the squad but we are still lacking upfront which is why leaving Winnall out in the cold is frustrating. Our lack of goals this season is going to cost us as I think defensively we are much stronger

10 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Definitely

I think Rhodes and Nuhiu have had their day which is why selling Joao was hard to take. He is still young and scores goals yet we moved him on without replacing him. Harris is a winger so he wasn't a direct replacement. To be honest I expected a bigger shake up over the summer. I expected more in's and more out's. The players we did sign have improved the squad but we are still lacking upfront which is why leaving Winnall out in the cold is frustrating. Our lack of goals this season is going to cost us as I think defensively we are much stronger

I can understand selling Joao, but I think he is currently a better footballer imho than Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu

It was a decent sale fee, can't argue really, hope we can get the goals needed

Just now, jomaco said:

I can understand selling Joao, but I think he is currently a better footballer imho than Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu

It was a decent sale fee, can't argue really, hope we can get the goals needed

I'm not sure it was a good fee, £5-7m in today's market is nothing. I know i'll get laughed at but I wouldn't have accepted anything less than £10 for him though I realise we had little option due to FFP. Madine went to Cardiff for £8m, McBurnie to the Pigs for £15m so when you consider what other strikers have gone for I think we sold him on the cheap

2 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I'm not sure it was a good fee, £5-7m in today's market is nothing. I know i'll get laughed at but I wouldn't have accepted anything less than £10 for him though I realise we had little option due to FFP. Madine went to Cardiff for £8m, McBurnie to the Pigs for £15m so when you consider what other strikers have gone for I think we sold him on the cheap

It's a fair comment, I guess Chansiri was more willing to sell as Joao apparently handed in a transfer request (the Madine fee is insane in my opinion, but it does happen).

Makes me laugh when people keep going on about Winnall has anyone watched him in U23s?

He’s far from the player he was before his injury in-fact he’s no where near the level that he was. He struggles to run never mind anything else. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 hours ago, LittleG said:

Maybe true but we had 7 strikers. Yes we got rid of Hooper( arguably the best one) because his contract was up and then sold Joao, someone who I suspect we wanted to keep. We still have 5 so there’s no way we could bring one more in. There will be massive change in this area next summer with Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuhiu and Winnall all out of contract. At least 3 of those 4 are likely to leave.