Winnall

Guest Maxine
10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Tough though Maxine. Where do you play Sam in a 433?

I thought him playing lone-striker for the last 8 minutes on Tuesday was really odd.

I've not seen enough of him lately but always rated him when he did get game time. I'd pick him over Rhodes. 

3 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I've not seen enough of him lately but always rated him when he did get game time. I'd pick him over Rhodes. 

I think you will have seen him play alongside a strike partner, not on his own up front.

These days he seems to lack any pace or energy. He’s been through the mill so I sympathize, but he is so far off his best I think lone-striker is quite foolish.

Rhodes is not exactly Didier Drogba, but he does get on the end of crosses and can certainly hold up better than Sam, Though is a far cry from Fletcher.

Guest Maxine
9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think you will have seen him play alongside a strike partner, not on his own up front.

These days he seems to lack any pace or energy. He’s been through the mill so I sympathize, but he is so far off his best I think lone-striker is quite foolish.

Rhodes is not exactly Didier Drogba, but he does get on the end of crosses and can certainly hold up better than Sam, Though is a far cry from Fletcher.

Him and fletcher up front.

5 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Him and fletcher up front.

Move away from the 433 that has given us 9 points from 12?

We are not going to do that. 

I think if we are chasing a game then switching to 442 and taking the CDM off is sound, but not holding onto a lead.

Guest Maxine
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Move away from the 433 that has given us 9 points from 12?

We are not going to do that. 

I think if we are chasing a game then switching to 442 and taking the CDM off is sound, but not holding onto a lead.

You never know what might be needed a few games in. I just want him to get his chance.