Winnall

Guest LittleG
7 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He's been more effective than Winnall and Rhodes since they signed at a fraction of the cost 

It was a tongue in cheek post! Even so hes had one purple patch in 4 years snd so like JR and Winnall  hes not good enough. We'll struggle to score enough goals this season if those three are the only options off the bench. 

15 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I would have thought Hooper would have loved the introduction of the new wingers and goreged off their offerings. 

Playing on his own upfront???

Far far far too lazy for that position, not to mention slow and no real aerial ability 

Apart from that though he’d be ideal 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Playing on his own upfront???

Far far far too lazy for that position, not to mention slow and no real aerial ability 

Apart from that though he’d be ideal 

Dont thrash it into his head then - when’s he ever been known for aerial ability?

He’s excellent with his feet and distributing play out wide - drops in the hole, collects and plays it out.

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

It was a tongue in cheek post! Even so hes had one purple patch in 4 years snd so like JR and Winnall  hes not good enough. We'll struggle to score enough goals this season if those three are the only options off the bench. 

Yes not.good enough to start regularly if our ambition is top.6, and he's probably not what you'd want as your first choice replacement, but as a squad player who offers something different (and he does have talent) he's not a bad option to have on the bench.

If he's a 3rd/4th choice forward who's happy with that role and it fits financially then I'm more than happy to.have him around. He seems to be a popular member of the dressing room and he's always available. You need players like that in a squad.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Yes not.good enough to start regularly if our ambition is top.6, and he's probably not what you'd want as your first choice replacement, but as a squad player who offers something different (and he does have talent) he's not a bad option to have on the bench.

If he's a 3rd/4th choice forward who's happy with that role and it fits financially then I'm more than happy to.have him around. He seems to be a popular member of the dressing room and he's always available. You need players like that in a squad.

Has never impressed whilst he's been here, fair enough he did the business for Derby but hasn't come close to replicating that since he came back.

When he does get on he's more or less a bystander, be better off drafting in one of the Under 23's etc.

Having said that would love him to prove me wrong. 

13 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Dont thrash it into his head then - when’s he ever been known for aerial ability?

He’s excellent with his feet and distributing play out wide - drops in the hole, collects and plays it out.

Fair enough, but .....

1. We’d have to restructure the team around him - when this current set up is doing well - why do it??

2. This is probably more important 

We don’t have him anymore!!

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The most expendable of our current strikers, is Winnall, and the most likely departure, if one were to leave this summer

Agree he’s the most expendable, but unfortunately it’s our two best strikers - Fletcher and FF - that happen to be out of contract so it’s more likely to be one of them.

Or, if we’re still in this division and considering the wages they’re on, both of them.

12 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Has never impressed whilst he's been here, fair enough he did the business for Derby but hasn't come close to replicating that since he came back.

When he does get on he's more or less a bystander, be better off drafting in one of the Under 23's etc.

Having said that would love him to prove me wrong. 

I'm talking about Nuhiu lol

11 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Agree he’s the most expendable, but unfortunately it’s our two best strikers - Fletcher and FF - that happen to be out of contract so it’s more likely to be one of them.

Or, if we’re still in this division and considering the wages they’re on, both of them.

Oh yeah sure, in the summer, yes both will probably leave Now though, if any were to leave, you’d have to be looking at Winnall. 

Forestieri and Nuhiu give us something different if needed, whereas both Rhodes and Winnall are, in theory at least, the most likely to nick you a goal from the bench, but we don’t need both. As the window is only open in this country, to leagues one and two, none of those could afford Rhodes wages. So it probably has to be Winnall

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 08:02, IWEDFM said:

So now we know why he's been left out recently and not included in the 18

Could it be down to a lack of match fitness or is there no way back for him?

On Tuesday night, he certainly looked like a player trying to find a position to play in. It was a bit like watching a school games lesson from the last century with the kid in the class who can't play trotting around aimlessly the middle of the pitch.

He didn't even track back very often or with determination in the way that Reach, the player who came off for Winnall, had been doing all game.

Maybe judging his performance in the twenty minutes he was on the pitch is a little harsh but this is not the player we signed from Barnsley.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Because he is popular and always available is no reason to keep him around and would show a complete lack of ambition by tbe club. We might as well bring Semedo back; he had the same qualities. Nuihu, JR and Winnall all need moving on or releasing at the end of their contracts.

Guest Maxine

I hope we see more of Winnall I've never understood why he hasn't been given a good go. 

Edited by Maxine

8 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I hope we see more of Winnall I've never understood why he hasn't been given a good go. 

Tough though Maxine. Where do you play Sam in a 433?

I thought him playing lone-striker for the last 8 minutes on Tuesday was really odd.