Forestieri

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, torres said:

First point - are you on drugs???

Second point - what do you think today’s set up was??

First point.. do you go to games? His best performances have always been on the left side of a forward 3 or deeper out wide. Can’t remember too many games where he played alongside Hooper, Fletcher or Rhodes and was as effective

Today Rhodes came on for 20 mins.. it’s not long enough to judge him on. Would need half a dozen games playing like that before you could say its not working

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

So Bullen is saying FF wasn’t on the bench for tactical reasons. 

bullshit same reason as to why hutch and westwood got left out under jos. Most teams in our league would have had ff on the bench at least. Football is becoming a bullshit sport. He said she said answers now....

51 minutes ago, torres said:

Agreed 

To have odabajo on the bench allows for back up for both full back positions as he can play either 

So having Fox on the bench was a debatable decision.

To not have FF but have Rhodes and Nuhiu is a huge call  - sadly I think it’s bitten him on the backside 

completely agree, ff would have been on every other teams bench at least when given the option.

Guest Theboylangers

Personally I would have had FF on the bench in front of many of the others. I'm not paid to make that decision whereas our current caretaker manager is.

FF can be a mardy so and so but I'd prefer him where he might do some damage rather than sat in the stands. 

If it was genuinely a tactical decision then I'm not convinced it was the correct one. 

Neil Harris commented on Quest about us having Bannan on the bench and how that set the standard for us as an opponent.

Imagine when team sheets get exchanged they see Nando there as well (rather than Fox). 

Surely that would have them thinking, "shìte, if Forestieri can't get a game they must have some reyt bàstards in first 11".

Personally I think Bullen has made a bad error here, unless there's something gone on behind the scenes which he has played down.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, torres said:

Long term I prefer his honesty 

Oh me too. It's refreshing. 

But honesty doesn't get you far in this game. Especially these days when things get ultra analysed.

And even if you tell the truth people think you're lying.

I used to enjoy Pearsons honest appraisals. Then he rugby tackled that player and called someone an ostrich. Next thing he's been sent on a course and the following press conferences were as anodyne as the rest. Boring slogs whilst he took half and hour to carefully select each word so as not to say anything too quotable! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh me too. It's refreshing. 

But honesty doesn't get you far in this game. Especially these days when things get ultra analysed.

And even if you tell the truth people think you're lying.

I used to enjoy Pearsons honest appraisals. Then he rugby tackled that player and called someone an ostrich. Next thing he's been sent on a course and the following press conferences were as anodyne as the rest. Boring slogs whilst he took half and hour to carefully select each word so as not to say anything too quotable! 

You can be honest without being a lunatic-not sure Pearson could though 

• Haha 2

Guest The Horse

CBA to catch up on five pages but it sounds like Bullen is reading the Danny Wilson school of management book.

No Fancy Dans here.

Who needs the league's best player when you're a goal down and have ten per season Fletcher and our one goal a month midfield hard at it giving it their all??..

Fox being on the bench was stupid and a waste of a spot. We had Hutchinson and Iorfa in the squad who could cover CB if needed plus Reach and Odubajo to cover LB. 

I am not Forestieri's biggest fan but if available he should at least be on the bench as an option.

Edited by s6 owl

24 minutes ago, The Horse said:

CBA to catch up on five pages but it sounds like Bullen is reading the Danny Wilson school of management book.

No Fancy Dans here.

Who needs the league's best player when you're a goal down and have ten per season Fletcher and our one goal a month midfield hard at it giving it their all??..

The Leagues what ?!

Guest hk_owl

Nando is probably low on confidence... I want a manager who is going to put his arm round these boys and blow smoke up ‘em for a while. Same with Rhodes.

These two should always be ahead of Nuhiu because in my opinion they are technically better footballers...

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Got to laugh haven’t you. Bar that wonder goal at Norwich, FF has done next to nothing for a few years now 

I’d like to think after the recent signings, and although with still a place off the bench, that FF is somewhat yesterday’s man 

He’s proved in his time with us that he’s not up to it, on a consistent basis 

He hasn’t been available to be the main man he once was, some of that is his own fault. Injured also and then Jos dropped him after he had scored 2/3 goals at the start of last season.

But he’s still been a key goal scorer for us every season when he’s actually played.