Forestieri

39 minutes ago, vulva said:

A select few on here highlighted FF’s impact at this club, and the fact it’s a myth. 

Anyone got the stats on how many 90 minutes he has completed in the last 2 seasons?

In the 105 league games since his injury March 2017:-

Started - 21

Played 60 mins or more - 12

Goals scored - 12

He also played in the two 16/17 play-off games. 

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

In the 105 league games since his injury March 2017:-

Started - 21

Played 60 mins or more - 12

Goals scored - 12

He also played in the two 16/17 play-off games. 

Almost Abdi style stats then? 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Almost Abdi style stats then? 

Not directly comparable.

Abdi either didn’t really exist or was just never fit.

Of course a lot of FF’s missing was due to injury, but there were also suspensions and not being picked.

Let's face it having Rhodes and Fox on the bench is simply a waste of time. Odubajo covers both full back positions and in the end he used reach and hutch at full back so wtf is fox doing anywhere nearbl the bench when FF and Winnall are sat at home?

As for Rhodes complete waste of a shirt, big Dave would have been a better shout.

• Like 1

If fessi was fit, then not being on the bench is very peculiar. Makes me wonder if interest has come in from abroad. Would make sense for him to get away from the FA and the scrutiny he gets in English football. Plus if we get a decent fee will help FFP and give us a January budget to spend which could be crucial for an end of season run at the playoffs.  

Wouldn't surprise me if Forestieri went abroad to play. He's "damaged goods" in this country. He's seen as a diver and now whether he wins his appeal he will be seen as a racist.

Edited by darra

Crazy not to have him on bench, if brought on for wing would be against a small fb not a giant cb!

Would have been a good option for murphy imo

Would klopp or pep change their forwards against a big side or exploit the lack of pace in the opposition?

17 minutes ago, darra said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Forestieri went abroad to play. He's "damaged goods" in this country. He's seen as a diver and now whether he wins his appeal he will be seen as a racist.

thought this for a while and can anyone blame him if he thought         ... it...................i'm off !

Italian Serie B side

don't think he'd get a Serie A gig ?

1 minute ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

thought this for a while and can anyone blame him if he thought         ... it...................i'm off !

Italian Serie B side

don't think he'd get a Serie A gig ?

Why not ?! He’s best player in league apparently if you listen to some on here 

Personally i'd give up on Rhodes, Carlos had the same issue. We brought him in and he felt obliged to play him, we then tried tweaking the side to fit him in and now matter what we did he had zero impact.

Some argue we didn't play to his strengths but we created ample chances for a striker of his supposed quality, Bullen and some of the fans need to realise that he's no longer the player he was and we need to move on, not try and change things to hopefully get him in the game. 

You can just watch him in the warm ups at home and the shooting drills, he was know for his finishing, one chance boom goal. His finishing in the warm up is shocking EVERY single time I see him.

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, darra said:

I agree. He'd also escape any further FA reprimand. He's in his final year of contract here. We need to do something. Need a fresh face in our pool of strikers. Things have gone stale up there, and we can't wait until next summer when 4 of them are free to leave.

I'd still be trying to get one or two of them out now, and scour the free agent market to see if there's anyone suitable we can recruit short-term. Hypothetically, if a foreign club wants FF and has a decent forward on their books they're willing to part with, perhaps we could still trade. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I agree. He'd also escape any further FA reprimand. He's in his final year of contract here. We need to do something. Need a fresh face in our pool of strikers. Things have gone stale up there, and we can't wait until next summer when 4 of them are free to leave.

I'd still be trying to get one or two of them out now, and scour the free agent market to see if there's anyone suitable we can recruit short-term. Hypothetically, if a foreign club wants FF and has a decent forward on their books they're willing to part with, perhaps we could still trade. 

No we can't. 

Our transfer window is closed. We cannot bring anybody in, from any country or continent, unless they were a free agent before our transfer window shut. 

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

No we can't. 

Our transfer window is closed. We cannot bring anybody in, from any country or continent, unless they were a free agent before our transfer window shut. 

We can sign free agents. Other markets are still open. If a strikers contract is annulled before his relevant deadline, why can't we then sign him? Unattached is unattached. 

2 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Crazy not to have him on bench, if brought on for wing would be against a small fb not a giant cb!

Would have been a good option for murphy imo

Would klopp or pep change their forwards against a big side or exploit the lack of pace in the opposition?

How much impact did FF have on the last 2 games when Bullen was a genius ?

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our system we have now allows us to have width and break at pace . FF dodnt fit into that system.There is no place for him in that front three . He will be an inpact sub , no more. 

This 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

What have we got here..the player that fought for the ball in the box at forest.. kicked it over his shoulder for a goal and celebrated in the away end...or a washed up dilettante?

He hasn't shown recently but we know he can do it for us..

No he's still an excellent player