Forestieri

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Aye. Rings a bell.

Mind there's a difference between being a journalist and media trained.

Journalist - Make things up

Media trained - Being vague to a point where no one remembers the question!

If your a journalist in the South Yorkshire area don’t even bother to make stuff up 

Just sit in your y fronts and scroll through the Internet - then copy and paste 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So Bullen is saying FF wasn’t on the bench for tactical reasons. 

So Fox was more important than FF? Absolute testicles and if that’s true then Bullen doesn’t have a gypsy!

See this is why managers fib.

Fernando has had a slight strain all week. Trained Friday though

A 'proper manager' would have used that as a get out having lost the game. "He'd got a knock"

And if he'd won the game he'd have admitted it was tactical. 

Because to be a successful manager you really have to be a lying bastrd and cover your arris at every opportunity. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he hadn't brought those 3 non match fit players straight in the day after Jos went. But he did and it paid dividends straight away with 2 wins and 2 Westwood clean sheets after Dawson had kept 2 in over 4 months. So I'm  not sure how you can say you think he'd have preferred to play Dawson (who hasn't done too much wrong when he's played to be fair)

He kept Jos's formation but tactically was totally different. And he's playing 433 with 2 wingers this season, Jos would have nightmares playing that attacking!

You live in a parallel universe. Neither Jos or Carlos would have been sacked if it wasn’t for fan pressure. DC doesn’t like getting rid of anybody, hence both times it’s been our fault. The fans were clamouring for Westwood and Hutchinson particularly when results went south and Jos couldn’t convincingly explain their omission. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A 'proper manager' would have used that as a get out having lost the game. "He'd got a knock"

Because to be a successful manager you really have to be a lying bastrd and cover your arris at every opportunity. 

This is very very very true. It’s a popularity contest as well as getting results. Carlos and Bruce were both brilliant at this stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Appeases the fan base but annoys the squad 

Long term I prefer his honesty 

Still a Terrible decision though 

25 minutes ago, markowl said:

Nice to see owlstalk reverting to type.

Players not in the squad are world beaters when we lose.

Got to laugh haven’t you. Bar that wonder goal at Norwich, FF has done next to nothing for a few years now 

I’d like to think after the recent signings, and although with still a place off the bench, that FF is somewhat yesterday’s man 

He’s proved in his time with us that he’s not up to it, on a consistent basis 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Got to laugh haven’t you. Bar that wonder goal at Norwich, FF has done next to nothing for a few years now 

I’d like to think after the recent signings, and although with still a place off the bench, that FF is somewhat yesterday’s man 

While Rhodes has set the place alight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Why we appealing his ban if we’re not going to play him in the first four game anyway? We should have just bitten the bullet & taken the punishment & he would be available for next weekend.

We're not; he is.

It's probably got something to do with him not wanting to be branded a racist.

24 minutes ago, torres said:

If your a journalist in the South Yorkshire area don’t even bother to make stuff up 

Just sit in your y fronts and scroll through the Internet  Owlstalk  then copy and paste 

Corrected it 

14 minutes ago, torres said:

While Rhodes has set the place alight 

Did I say that? This thread is on FF is it not.

And for the record I think Rhodes is shot too, we need someone whose actually done something in the last few years who can compete withFletch

Edited by FreshOwl

1 hour ago, torres said:

Have to disagree. He would have been ideal today. 

He makes things happen, finds different spaces, commits defenders, causes problems.

Id have been much happier seeing him come on than Rhodes 

I'd have preferred Nuihu to Rhodes!

22 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

No disrespect to you, but that is absolute bobbar.

It’s a myth he hasn’t performed, he’s been injured for a fair part. Look at the season before last when he came back, he was brilliant for us. Some people are still annoyed at the Norwich scenario and haven’t forgiven him. 

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 1

Just now, sexpistol said:

No disrespect to you, but that is absolute bobbar.

It’s a myth he hasn’t performed, he’s been injured for a fair part. Look at the season before last when he came back, he was brilliant for us. Some people are still annoyed at the Norwich scenario and haven’t forgiven him. 

I don’t even care about the Norwich incident and never really have, a purple patch for 5 games twice a year doesn’t do it for me, his best season was 15-16

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Did I say that? This thread is on FF is it not.

And for the record I think Rhodes is shot too, we need someone whose actually done something in the last few years who can compete withFletch

We can’t just magic players up though unfortunately 

As a player that CAN have an impact FF is one most if not all teams in our league would want to come on 

Guest LondonOwl313

Amazing how everyone writes off FF and Rhodes, they’re both 29 and should still

be in their prime. Performances haven’t been good from them for a while but would probably be more to do with them not having a run in the team or played in the right system rather than because they’ve lost their quality or no longer have the physical side

FF has never played well for us in a forward two ever since he signed. He’s always been better as a wide forward.. so this system should suit him down to the ground. Just get the FA ban out of the way then give him a run.. he’s got much more quality with the ball than both Harris and Murphy who are speed merchants (which we also need in the squad).

Rhodes plays best off a target man with wingers.. play him off Fletcher in a side that gets the ball in the box and he’ll get goals. The only time we played him was when he first came in and we didn’t use wingers. Then Jos chose Nuhui over him.. and Bruce tried to get rid for the financial aspect more than anything. Now that he’s staying we might as well use him properly. These two firing is crucial for us because if you look at their career records, Fletcher, Harris, Murphy, Bannan, Lee etc don’t score that many goals.

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

FF has never played well for us in a forward two ever since he signed

Rhodes plays best off a target man with wingers.. play him off Fletcher in a side that gets the ball in the box and he’ll get goals. 

First point - are you on drugs???

Second point - what do you think today’s set up was??