Forestieri

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Such as?

Think if it wasn’t for fan pressure he would play Dawson. He doesn’t rate Forestieri at all, not even as a different option. Continued with Jos’s formation last season, Bruce scrapped it straight away. 

4 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Did you?

Watched it on Ifollow

Come on... If you watched that game today and seriously thought we had no players ‘running into the box with the ball at their feet’ then there’s no point in continuing the debate.

A fit and firing Fessi is absolutely a great addition. But he hasn’t been that for a long time - so offers no more than what was on the pitch today.

Not saying he shouldn’t be in the team. I am saying he would’ve been ineffective today.

7 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Think if it wasn’t for fan pressure he would play Dawson. He doesn’t rate Forestieri at all, not even as a different option. Continued with Jos’s formation last season, Bruce scrapped it straight away. 

He brought Westwood and 2 other senior players straight back in his first game the day after Jos left, there was no real fan pressure to do that so soon. And before today since Jos left he had 4 wins and a draw from 5 games,  which would have been a 100% record but for a late late goal away at promotion favourites WBA. 

2 minutes ago, siowls said:

Come on... If you watched that game today and seriously thought we had no players ‘running into the box with the ball at their feet’ then there’s no point in continuing the debate.

A fit and firing Fessi is absolutely a great addition. But he hasn’t been that for a long time - so offers no more than what was on the pitch today.

Not saying he shouldn’t be in the team. I am saying he would’ve been ineffective today.

Murphy only occasionally got into crossing positions inside the box and as well as Harris did he tended to run across the box and passed sideways.

Neither have Forestieri's composure on the ball to draw fouls and beat players, He is also more of a goal;scorer than either of the other two.

I think he could have made the difference today.

10 minutes ago, siowls said:

How can you possibly know that?  Fessi has the ability to change the game with one flash of genius!

Not saying that he would have,  just saying it is possible and could have happened.

Case rested!  (much like Fessi)

Edited by attyjake
comma

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

He brought Westwood and 2 other senior players straight back in his first game the day after Jos left, there was no real fan pressure to do that so soon. And before today since Jos left he had 4 wins and a draw from 5 games,  which would have been a 100% record but for a late late goal away at promotion favourites WBA. 

No fan pressure? To bring back senior players.? That’s why the clown man got the sack. Don’t invent scenarios. 

18 minutes ago, siowls said:

Have to disagree. He would have been ideal today. 

He makes things happen, finds different spaces, commits defenders, causes problems.

Id have been much happier seeing him come on than Rhodes 

Guest LondonOwl313

Think he’ll end up in the first 11 soon.. he’s one of our best players and needs a run in the side. The formation should be ideal for him.. I’d have him plus one of Harris/Murphy on the other side and bring the other one off the bench to stretch teams with their pace

57 minutes ago, siowls said:

We had six in midfield at one point - threw everything at them. Easy to say he’d put it in the net but in reality he offers nothing more than what was on the pitch today. 

Enjoy the rest of the season!

It is easy to say but how many times has FF dug a goal out for us. Usually by a bit of selfish play, or a bit of extra quality. As an individual it is the likes of him and Joao who used to pull things out the bag.

I don’t think he’s warranted a start lately but he’s still one of the best players at this club.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

If he was left out for tactical reasons and that is not a cover for something else I have to doubt Bullen's sanity.

I suspect it is more likely that he thinks that the appeal and possible ban are affecting him quite severely but does not want to discuss his personal matters publicly.

To not have him on the bench for tactical reasons is ridiculous 

• Like 1