No tickets for sale for The North Stand for Luton

44 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Need to start getting our voices heard here against SYPD and SAG,  that prohibition notice is nothing short of an absolute disgrace 

Its nothing more than a currupt  police force trying to deflect the blame for their complete and utter incompitence.

But they have history of this.

They are not fit for purpose. 

Steve Lonnia, Chair of the Council’s Safety Advisory Group, said: “Following the submission of a report commissioned by South Yorkshire Police that highlighted issues with regards to public safety on the Leppings Lane forecourt at Hillsborough Stadium, the Council and members of the group have worked very closely with Sheffield Wednesday to resolve these issues.  As the certifying authority, public safety is of paramount importance and it is our duty to act on matters that pose a risk to the public. Due to the evidence presented in the report, we immediately requested that the club submit proposals to deal with the issues raised.  A prohibition notice has been served that means there will be no access or egress from the North and South Stands on to the Leppings Lane forecourt for home supporters.”

23 home league games last season and 22 passed without any noteworthy incident.  The one game with relatively minor disorder was against our local rivals.  Perhaps SYP and SAG could confirm what real life on the ground evidence they have of there being a public safety issue on the Leppings Lane forecourt. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Its nothing more than a currupt  police force trying to deflect the blame for their complete and utter incompitence.

But they have history of this.

They are not fit for purpose. 

If anyone believes anything other than this ??....    I’m open to listening ! 

SYPD are Historically corrupt in every way shape and form 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

The H&SE never closed that end of the ground over safety issues, only the terracing stayed closed.

What gets me is the derby game at the lane had the same issues, yet no report was commissioned over  fans mixing at that end of the ground.

Didn't SYP release a statement saying they were commissioning a report on how to police all South Yorkshire grounds in the future.

So whats happened to the other reports at other clubs in this area..

It's astonishing that SYP let united fans drink and congregate in the Cricketers, the beer garden, side road and alleyways before the game, and then march Wednesday fans though the middle with bottles being launch into crowd. SYP simply don't control the away end on Bramhall Lane - leaving it for a free for all.

As you said, it's simply about crowd control, and how this is perceived in the media, between Hillsborough and all other grounds in their jurisdiction.

22 minutes ago, RichieB said:

So you honestly think we're being treated fairly? 

You think there aren't many examples of home and away fans being separated by a line of stewards, yet ours have to be a whole stand apart. 

You think there aren't many examples of home and away fans exiting the ground together in the same direction? Yet it's a massive problem for us? 

Yeah sorry what was I thinking, SYP are totally right and we need to get our shiit together  :rolleyes:

Did you see how separated the Norwich and Liverpool fans were.... about 6 inches

The club is been kicked from pillar to post by a pair of organisations that are not fit for purpose

It’s quite clear to me that SYPD and SAG probably along with Sheffield City Council (another inept organisation) want the club out of Hillsborough sooner or later

Seems to me sag have no confidence in the police....or have a biased relationship.

It could quite easily be fixed with sufficient manpower, and if we have to pay the costs sobeit. But the no consultation with the club indicates they have spat the dummy out.

Tbf, we pay more for policing than most clubs in the country already.

27 minutes ago, akbuk said:

We are being tre fairly and have been for 30 years time to get it sorted

If that is your attempt at editing a post in order for it to make sense I dread to think how the original version read!

Can you provide me with any examples as to why there is suddenly a need for this action when there has seemingly been very little in terms of disorder or issues in that area of the ground for the vast majority of games over many many years? 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The club is been kicked from pillar to post by a pair of organisations that are not fit for purpose

It’s quite clear to me that SYPD and SAG probably along with Sheffield City Council (another inept organisation) want the club out of Hillsborough sooner or later

SY plod caused the disaster , and this was proven in court , now this is their way of getting revenge.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If that is your attempt at editing a post in order for it to make sense I dread to think how the original version read!

Can you provide me with any examples as to why there is suddenly a need for this action when there has seemingly been very little in terms of disorder or issues in that area of the ground for the vast majority of games over many many years? 

Because the authorities are not going to stand for anymore delays