No tickets for sale for The North Stand for Luton

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Because the authorities are not going to stand for anymore delays 

So no examples then?

Delays to what?

When we played Brighton at home in the play off semi, Wednesday fans were on the bottom tier and Brighton fans had the top tier of the away end, there was no issue then, why is it a massive problem all of a sudden? 

Both sets of fans entered and left without issue. Weird that innit. 

To be fair to SAG it seems SYP commissioned the report. Presented with a police backed report that said safety was a big issue it would take a very brave authority to ignore it regardless of its apparent flaws. 

Imagine if if it did kick off against Luton - unlikely I know but it only takes one idiot - and something dreadful happened. There would be a r8 to do. So SYP by covering their own arse have forced everyone else into subsmission. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

To be fair to SAG it seems SYP commissioned the report. Presented with a police backed report that said safety was a big issue it would take a very brave authority to ignore it regardless of its apparent flaws. 

Imagine if if it did kick off against Luton - unlikely I know but it only takes one idiot - and something dreadful happened. There would be a r8 to do. So SYP by covering their own arse have forced everyone else into subsmission. 

The thing is, the last thing to do in this situation, is to kick off. Any disorder will play straight in the police and sags hands and give them more ammo. 

9 minutes ago, akbuk said:

It helps by providing separate entry and exits from the ground 

But why is it needed - fans have been using the LL entrance and exit for decades. In the 90s rival fans sat together on the lower tier and presumably stood next to each other at half time having a pissh.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

When the inevitable accident happens on penistone rd because of this , then the blood will be on SAG hands.

No they won’t admit responsibility, they’ll just claim it’s further evidence that the ground is unsafe. It really is unbelievable that SYP are incapable of policing a game that will attract just a few hundred away supporters.

Think the club just have to go legal and try and prove all incidents of overcrowding are the result of SYP chaotic policing and SAG premature and ill advised reaction to a deeply flawed report. 

10 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The thing is, the last thing to do in this situation, is to kick off. Any disorder will play straight in the police and sags hands and give them more ammo. 

This is one of the things that worry me...It will only take one or two..and lets be honest..like a lot of clubs our size..We have more than a few....

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

SAG need to act independently and consult with independent experts before deciding matters. The SAG panel need to be scrutinized and held to account in this - not just say, 'ok SYP, this report must be legitimate', and wave it through as the only outcome or option.

In terms of kicking off, I would assume the fans and club, would be held to the same laws and crowd safety messages as the other local teams. Any trouble at Hillsborough must be subject to the same assessment and outcomes of that of say SUFC. If we accept that Hillsborough is somehow different, we are entering very worrying territory.

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

That game was mis-handled deliberately. All they had to do was hold the away fans back, something that we have to do at other grounds every season.

It wasnt even that bad seen far worse, like at the stain more incidents the previous season . How come all fans at the stain are allowed to exit on John street, cherry st etc and bramall lane so as to converge on the away fans. Not asking all Utd fans to walk in the opposite direction. Why?

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

This is one of the things that worry me...It will only take one or two..and lets be honest..like a lot of clubs our size..We have more than a few....

Yup, 1 or 2 go, the rest follow as well. 

Look its hard to argue, that weve very much got our back to the wall and are up against a few things. 

The real and normal wrdnesday thing to do, would be to have a laugh and crack on. 

Do not kick off. Do things the right way. 

Edited by Maddogbob

14 minutes ago, Animis said:

But why is it needed - fans have been using the LL entrance and exit for decades. In the 90s rival fans sat together on the lower tier and presumably stood next to each other at half time having a pissh.

Mixture of both Wednesday and SUFC fans in 1994 fixture and no trouble.

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

SAG need to act independently and consult with independent experts before deciding matters. The SAG panel need to be scrutinized and held to account in this - not just say, 'ok SYP, this report must be legitimate', and wave it through as the only outcome or option.

In terms of kicking off, I would assume the fans and club, would be held to the same laws and crowd safety messages as the other local teams. Any trouble at Hillsborough must be subject to the same assessment and outcomes of that of say SUFC. If we accept that Hillsborough is somehow different, we are entering very worrying territory.

I'm sure if I commissioned" and paid for an independent report it would say what I wanted to as well!

26 minutes ago, RichieB said:

When we played Brighton at home in the play off semi, Wednesday fans were on the bottom tier and Brighton fans had the top tier of the away end, there was no issue then, why is it a massive problem all of a sudden? 

Both sets of fans entered and left without issue. Weird that innit. 

Brighton though! And we won.

this all just confirms what most of us think , that syp and sag are total idiots with an agenda , there is no way on gods earth that there will be any trouble between lutons 200 supporters and us. are we employing the security firm again to stand in the middle of the road? and trying to stop supporters walking down leppings lane? I even saw them stop 2 90year old men who could hardly walk cant remember if they let them through or not or forced them on a long walk round to north stand , there are businesses on leppings lane what will have lost upto 80% of there takings which is the difference between staying above water or going bust . will the council give them a 50% cut in there business rates to cover there losses due to this totally crazy barmy decision . they sag need to justify what they are doing , if this was just done for Barnsley ,leeds  etc then fair enough but luton on a tues night oh my god.