Club Statement

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

They are not obliged to attend would SAG etc coming running if Wednesday called a meeting? 

Tbf when we know how trigger happy the SAG can be at reducing capacity it was very foolish to miss the meeting, and seems to have led to a potentially messy situation today where fans are going to be asked to move from seats they have paid for. The club shouldn’t be ducking these meetings (if that’s the case). 

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I would urge all Wednesday fans whatever frustrations they face today that they remain calm and dignified and treat the police and stewards with respect and friendliness.

The SAG team etc will exploit any flash points they can however trivial, we are now aware that they fight dirty and in underhand manner.

If you see a Barnsley fan giving it the big one walk on by and ignore them, or give them a hug.  

WAWAW

I think this is actually a key point (apart from hugging a dingle obvs, who knows what they'll do with that extra finger).

Most of us know from experience over the years that the authorities jump on any opportunity  to portray  football fans as knuckle dragging thugs. Let's not give them the opportunity.

Anyway, well all be delighted after a 6-0 win for the mighty owls so it won't be an issue. 

Shut up, it's the morning of the first home game of the season, at least let me dream for another few hours.

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

They are not obliged to attend would SAG etc coming running if Wednesday called a meeting? 

Are you sure they are not obliged to attend the meeting ?in that case why did they attend the second one?

in my opinion. the club have gone the wrong way about things 

All the agencies need to get a grip on this and agree who’s responsibility for the various issues and what are the actions. 

Once agreed, just implement and communicate with the fans and this should be resolved fairly quickly - obviously I’m basing this on the assumption that the agencies will apply the same standards and approach to Hillsborough as any other ground in the country.

8 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Attending a meeting at which the council were going to discuss such a fundamental change looks like a no brainer to me.

Between SAG, SYP and SWFC the fans have been put in a ridiculous situation.  With my 80 year old dad in tow I used to arrive as late as possible to the Wednesdayite car park and nip straight into the North. Today....no flipping idea. 

Edited by rickygoo

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Morally yes and practically absolutely the club have had decades to sort the matter out but put things off with the excuse "when we get to the Premier league"

It's time to act ,trying g to prove the  Manchester report wrong is not the way to go about things

Sort the matter out ??  And what ‘matter’ is that ?    The whole situation is blown out of proportion by a corrupt incompetent organisation that consistently FAILS the football community of South Yorkshire time and time again with absolutely no accountability 

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Attending a meeting at which the council were going to discuss such a fundamental change looks like a no brainer to me.

Between SAG, SYP and SWFC the fans have been put in a ridiculous situation.  With my 80 year old dad in tow I used to arrive as late as possible to the Wednesdayite car park and nip straight into the North. Today....no flipping idea. 

I'm not saying they shouldn't attend but my point its they should be answerable to us the other way around. 

Hope you have a trouble free day. 

Edited by Mycroft

23 minutes ago, mkowl said:

For us older chaps we remember the away fans being marched to Wadsley Bridge, all the pubs boarded up and this was early 80's with proper hoolies. 14k Geordies and coaches double parked to beyond Wadsley Bridge club. 

Thry used Claywheels lane foe the coaches as well. 

So what happens when somebody turns up with their season ticket for the North to be told that they can't go in because it's "full" - so they traipse round to the South and the scanner on the turnstile won't let them in because the ticket is for the wrong stand? Or if it does let them in are they allocated a random crap seat or do they sit anywhere which may turn out to be another ST holder's seat? 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

So what happens when somebody turns up with their season ticket for the North to be told that they can't go in because it's "full" - so they traipse round to the South and the scanner on the turnstile won't let them in because the ticket is for the wrong stand? Or if it does let them in are they allocated a random crap seat or do they sit anywhere which may turn out to be another ST holder's seat? 

Not sure. It’s a farce. And not really the way to treat fans- especially on the first home game of the season!

11 minutes ago, Lee Davies said:

Can't we just build some more turnstiles and ramps into the carpark over the old sports hall? How hard would that be? 

Or just use the turnstiles we already have ??   

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I think I tend to agree with a statement made earlier.

Bite the bullet, level and rebuild the West stand and end the Stigma.

Obviously there's the funding aspects but sadly I don't ever see this going away.

But that wouldn't make any difference to this newly invented "issue" with fans leaving the North at that end. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I think I tend to agree with a statement made earlier.

Bite the bullet, level and rebuild the West stand and end the Stigma.

Obviously there's the funding aspects but sadly I don't ever see this going away.

Bend over and bow to that corrupt bunch of clowns ?? 

No thanks