Signs are Good.

It’s a good rallying call from the OP, and there are some good signs for sure. We haven’t really faced anyone of note though, Lincoln, Northampton, a couple of lower league German sides, and Espanyol reserves. However, it’s not about results, it’s the fact that we look fitter than we did, and dare I say, the football has been a bit more watchable. Hard to predict how we will fare, not least because we don’t yet know how we will set up. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a good rallying call from the OP, and there are some good signs for sure. We haven’t really faced anyone of note though, Lincoln, Northampton, a couple of lower league German sides, and Espanyol reserves. However, it’s not about results, it’s the fact that we look fitter than we did, and dare I say, the football has been a bit more watchable. Hard to predict how we will fare, not least because we don’t yet know how we will set up. 

First preseason in years we have looked fit and eager. No known injuries and playing with freedom. Top ten very possible as even with Jos in charge for half of last season we managed 12th. Playoffs outsiders but possibility. 

7 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

First preseason in years we have looked fit and eager. No known injuries and playing with freedom. Top ten very possible as even with Jos in charge for half of last season we managed 12th. Playoffs outsiders but possibility. 

A fair assessment, as things stand

12 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Preseason has been good , some pace added and goals scored. Despite the doom and gloom merchants worst fears it looks like for once we can hit the ground running. Mrs Browns gone so chins up and lets get behind this great club and give it the support it deserves. The time to make an impact straight away is there for this team and the early signs are good.

This well-founded optimism is making me quite giddy...

11 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I'm not getting excited over warm up games against 2 average English teams,2 crap German teams and a Spanish reserve team 

Reading will be a much bigger test

We've been OK in pre season but fans who think we will be challenging playoffs will be very disappointed as it stands 

Oh, and add in we still don’t have a manager - personally I think we are in a pretty crap situation if I am honest.

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Oh, and add in we still don’t have a manager - personally I think we are in a pretty crap situation if I am honest.

No, I think there are positives, despite the manager situation. Ignoring the results, as the opposition wasn’t exactly challenging, the fitness levels, and the general standard of the football, has been impressive We certainly don’t look like a club in turmoil

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

This season is going to be amazing (or a complete disaster). Genuinely think it's going to be the former. 

Dont think it will be a disaster less its financial. Got us down for a 10-5 finish. 10 most likely 5 best but saying that what did Norwich fans think last year. 

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No, I think there are positives, despite the manager situation. Ignoring the results, as the opposition wasn’t exactly challenging, the fitness levels, and the general standard of the football, has been impressive We certainly don’t look like a club in turmoil

Once we know who is in charge we will be able to get a much clearer picture of how we may do.

I agree we are not in turmoil, however I don’t think we are in a particularly good place at the moment.

The next few weeks will be interesting to say the least.  Get the appt right, a decent result at Reading and it will set us up nicely. 

9 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Dont think it will be a disaster less its financial. Got us down for a 10-5 finish. 10 most likely 5 best but saying that what did Norwich fans think last year. 

As long as we bring in a CM, CB, LB I'm sure we'll make the playoffs

47 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We're in a much better position on and off the pitch than the last 2 seasons.

With the right managerial appointment and a bit of luck with injuries, we should be a top 8 side.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We're in a much better position on and off the pitch than the last 2 seasons.

With the right managerial appointment and a bit of luck with injuries, we should be a top 8 side.

Ill grant you that - pre season CC’s second season onwards has been shocking 

i think we are 3 or 4 players short of being capable of challenging for the top 6

if you look at the standard of subs yesterday (nuhui, winnall, van aken) it doesn't inspire great confidence

transfer deadline is in 10 days so we need to get motoring in terms of a manager (needs sorting this week)

Edited by waynecoyne14

Saturday will be a good measure. Away at a ground that we don’t have a great record at but against a team that struggled last season and are not fancied this one either.

Win, lose or draw I guess it won’t define the season overall but we can certainly look to put down a marker and build confidence.

2 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

i think we are 3 or 4 players short of being capable of challenging for the top 6

if you look at the standard of subs yesterday (nuhui, winnall, van aken) it doesn't inspire great confidence

I understand where your coming from but we made 10 subs? yesterday... I wouldn’t worry too much about that

Edited by bigsheff