Signs are Good.

Preseason has been good , some pace added and goals scored. Despite the doom and gloom merchants worst fears it looks like for once we can hit the ground running. Mrs Browns gone so chins up and lets get behind this great club and give it the support it deserves. The time to make an impact straight away is there for this team and the early signs are good.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Pre season means nothing

Let's see how we are doing after 15 games before getting carried away

True...

Still - I think Harris adds something we have been sorely missing for years. 

The levels of fitness do appear to be up and we seem far more willing to press the opposition. This was something we started doing during fathead's time in charge. 

Edited by SiJ

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

True...

Still - I think Harris adds something we have been sorely missing for years. 

The levels of fitness do appear to be up and we seem far more willing to press the opposition. This was something we started doing during fathead's time in charge. 

I'm not getting excited over warm up games against 2 average English teams,2 crap German teams and a Spanish reserve team 

Reading will be a much bigger test

We've been OK in pre season but fans who think we will be challenging playoffs will be very disappointed as it stands 

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

I'm not getting excited over warm up games against 2 average English teams,2 crap German teams and a Spanish reserve team 

Reading will be a much bigger test

We've been OK in pre season but fans who think we will be challenging playoffs will be very disappointed as it stands 

Reading would get relegated from 2. Bundesliga IMO

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

By dismissing our chances (based off pre-season?) aren't you doing the exact same thing as those fans who think we could challenge? 

Not saying we will challenge, but it is far too early to predict what anyone is going to do, particularly in a division as unpredictable as the Championship. 

Lots of positives. 

Lee back.

Harris’ pace.

Bannan’s left foot still an absolute wand. 

Looking fit and sharp. 

Looking to move the ball forward in the right way. 

Clean slate injury wise, near enough. 

New lads seem to have integrated well.

Squad seems happy.

We’ll play physically stronger teams than today, but the lads seem up for it. 

We do need to kill games off though if possible. 

8 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Pre season means nothing

Let's see how we are doing after 15 games before getting carried away

No ones getting carried away but we wont be botrom 6 as has been predicted by so called experts. Doubt we will be top 2 but top ten is very achievable.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

A win to start the season is always welcome. Gives confidence to the players and the fans. Pick up plenty of points in the easy games early on and start on the front foot.

We need to make a semi-decent start for once. 

Not saying we come out the blocks winning 5 in a row or anything, but I want us to have picked up a decent haul of points after our first 7 or 8 games.

Even when we got in the play offs, we always started off so slow. 

Just now, SiJ said:

We need to make a semi-decent start for once. 

Not saying we come out the blocks winning 5 in a row or anything, but I want us to have picked up a decent haul of points after our first 7 or 8 games.

Even when we got in the play offs, we always started off so slow. 

SiJ do you think when we beat Reading DC will give the job to Bullen? :tongue:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Honest answer now SiJ who do you really think is going to get the job? no sitting on the fence. 

How can I possibly know that? 

I'd be very surprised if it is Bullen...because, if it was going to be, why not just give him the job now? 

Admittedly, we could be giving him a trial period, but who knows? 

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

By dismissing our chances (based off pre-season?) aren't you doing the exact same thing as those fans who think we could challenge? 

Not saying we will challenge, but it is far too early to predict what anyone is going to do, particularly in a division as unpredictable as the Championship. 

I'm not basing off the pre season ,I'm saying from I've seen from the vast majority of our players from the last 4 seasons and in my opinion we aren't good enough ,with  good manager (not bullen) and a bit of tweeking we'd be not far off but as it stands we aren't going anywhere