3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The whole loan thing though, so we can take four players on loan from Newcastle, right. When Bruce was here, he said the intention was to bring players in on loan from the Premier League’s big six. Bit of a come down, if we have to get them from bloody Newcastle Utd

True but thats the cost of losing someone like Bruce in terms of his contacts and negotiating experience. 

One issue is that all the clubs are circling like sharks waiting for the top youngsters to become available from the top teams. It'll probably come down to who offers the biggest loan fees and whos got the best connections/contacts as to which teams get the next Mason Mount or Harry Wilsons. Unfortunately with our situation this might be the best offer going forwards for the season. However id still hope we would keep money and focus aside to try and steal a late deal for a good player on loan. Or for the love of god get Michael Hector in. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

True but thats the cost of losing someone like Bruce in terms of his contacts and negotiating experience. 

One issue is that all the clubs are circling like sharks waiting for the top youngsters to become available from the top teams. It'll probably come down to who offers the biggest loan fees and whos got the best connections/contacts as to which teams get the next Mason Mount or Harry Wilsons. Unfortunately with our situation this might be the best offer going forwards for the season. However id still hope we would keep money and focus aside to try and steal a late deal for a good player on loan. Or for the love of god get Michael Hector in. 

I shouldn’t worry about that For all his top contacts, Bruce was only able to get us a couple of crocks from Newcastle. Even Jos was able to attract Hector

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Uncle Alan puts it out like he has the faintest clue what’s going on!!

You have just read the paper pal like the rest of us 

Our local journalists haven’t covered themselves in glory this last fortnight 

534B5375-C5EB-41FA-A522-675F3E39702D.png

'Floated to me by one source = read the paper this morning.

Great work Biggsy! WTF:

Judging off their squad, Lazaar, Aarons, Colback and Saivet seem the ones who they’d be open to letting go. Gayle and Darlow also been linked away but surely they’ll cash in Gayle and we really don’t need a goalkeeper. 

I can't see Newcastle loaning out Dwight Gayle again, seeing as they've lost Perez and Rondon, from what was already an underwhelming strike force last season.

There are rumours they are signing this Joe Linton fella for £20 million plus, but even if he signs they would still want Gayle as part of the squad.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I shouldn’t worry about that For all his top contacts, Bruce was only able to get us a couple of crocks from Newcastle. Even Jos was able to attract Hector

In the middle of january he managed to sign those 2 to bring in much needed pace and depth plus Iorfa for about 250k. All whilst we were under the ffp microscope. I don't think you should underestimate that. Who did you expect to join a failing club with next to no money in the middle of january ffs. 

9 minutes ago, striker said:

I could see Aarons, Lazaar and Colback being  of interest fron Newcastle and still have a sneaky suspicion Hector might return on a loan, with a view to buy. 

Those 4 in and I'd be over the moon and pretty optimistic if we get the management team right.

Very well balanced squad if you add those to what we've got.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

1 minute ago, Quist said:

I would like Jacob Murphy and Rolando Aarons both were surplus last year at Newcastle. 

Jacob Murphy is a good player, would’ve thought they’d be in plans though