For any such deal to happen, this would surely lead to the appointment of Lee Bullen

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

In the middle of january he managed to sign those 2 to bring in much needed pace and depth plus Iorfa for about 250k. All whilst we were under the ffp microscope. I don't think you should underestimate that. Who did you expect to join a failing club with next to no money in the middle of january ffs. 

Hardly a roaring success were they

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And that’s a HUGE offer from

newcastle , any suspect they feel guilty ? In terms of let’s not go to court because you’ve got us over a barrel with illegal approach etc 

Well they won't be lending us first team players so they'll benefit by their players getting games whilst lowering the wage bill. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Those 4 in and I'd be over the moon and pretty optomistic if we get the management team right.

Very well balanced squad if you add those to what we've got.

Someone would have to go in that case, it would put up the wage bill tremendous ly, pie in the sky though imo.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

For any such deal to happen, this would surely lead to the appointment of Lee Bullen

Hardly a roaring success were they

Name me a few players you realistically think would move to a bottom half championship team mid season with little to no money? Because you just don't get top players in those situations. I know you are often underwhelmed by signings, I'm not saying they were great players but in our situation thats what you get. You don't get the creme of the crop. If you expect that then you'll never be happy. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'Floated to me by one source = read the paper this morning.

Great work Biggsy! WTF:

Ha ha 

Its been one of the biggest football stories (if not the biggest) over the last 2 weeks and our local journalists - who should be the closest to it, have been shown up by national journalists and ones from the north east. 

At one point last week, the star journalists stated nothing has changed at Hillsborough-5 minutes later it was across the national papers he’d resigned!!!

• Like 1

Just now, debram said:

Someone would have to go in that case, it would put up the wage bill tremendous ly, pie in the sky though imo.

Rhodes is the obvious one, but Winnall probably also surplus to requirements and can generate a fee.

Unless of course there is interest in Joao?

Reach is the one I can see Bruce possibly coming back for if they get desperate but i'd think they'd initially be trying for better.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Name me a few players you realistically think would move to a bottom half championship team mid season with little to no money? Because you just don't get top players in those situations. I know you are often underwhelmed by signings, I'm not saying they were great players but in our situation thats what you get. You don't get the creme of the crop. If you expect that then you'll never be happy. 

I’ll again point to the signing of Hector, by Jos of all people

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Rhodes is the obvious one, but Winnall probably also surplus to requirements and can generate a fee.

Unless of course there is interest in Joao?

Reach is the one I can see Bruce possibly coming back for if they get desperate but i'd think they'd initially be trying for better.

If Rowett comes in here then Winnall's position may change as he's worked with him before?

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’ll again point to the signing of Hector, by Jos of all people

In hindsight he's been amazing but funnily enough when we signed him Hull fans thought he was rubbish, he'd been on loan about 13 times and no one on here was excited. He wasn't a hot property defender. In my opinion we finally got some luck that one of our signings worked.