Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

7 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Well that's that.

I would not go just because you were told otherwise and it didn't come to pass.

Even if he turned it down, not sure our fan base would have been that forgiving.

We move on. Hopefully, the embargo is now lifted and hire a new manager ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, Beastoftheeast said:

I’m often wrong but.. I’d take Dicanio... or Keane for the will to win... sod what anyone thinks might go wrong, I like there attitude 

The kind of appointment that lets the players know, their owner has lost his marbles and everyone ends up in dissaray :laugh:

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

The kind of appointment that lets the players know, their owner has lost his marbles and everyone ends up in dissaray :laugh:

Not for me but I see where your coming from... I just want winners... who don’t give a monkeys, I’d love them to grip our players and inject their attitude 

3 minutes ago, Beastoftheeast said:

Not for me but I see where your coming from... I just want winners... who don’t give a monkeys, I’d love them to grip our players and inject their attitude 

Just pure fantasy but...

What if Jokanovic came in and Stuart Gray came back as his number 2. 

That would be abit unexpected haha

good manager bruce so no surprise that he's in demand elsewhere ……..lets be right if our next manager is wanted by a prem club then then we'll have appointed well . the time to worry is when no bugger wants your manager .

Could get much worse than just losing Bruce, we're apparently being investigated over the ground sale. It says it were done to avoid a points deduction. We just get our accounts finally filed, lose our manager to his boyhood club and are now under an investigation. Could whoever replaces Bruce begin working from a points deduction? When it rains, it pours. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7238425/Bruce-moves-closer-Newcastle-job-Sheffield-Wednesdays-60m-Hillsborough-sale-probed.html

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Could get much worse than just losing Bruce, we're apparently being investigated over the ground sale. It says it were done to avoid a points deduction. We just get our accounts finally filed, lose our manager to his boyhood club and are now under an investigation. Could whoever replaces Bruce begin working from a points deduction? When it rains, it pours. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7238425/Bruce-moves-closer-Newcastle-job-Sheffield-Wednesdays-60m-Hillsborough-sale-probed.html

That article is complete nonsense. 

It vaguely alludes to us being investigated and then says nothing. 

Plus, why can Villa and Derby get away with it but we can't?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not disagreeing with your assessment of that Mail article, but one difference appears to be that Derby and Villa put up cash, while Chansiri covered his sale with an IOU--future promises to pay, not actual money. Looks especially dodgy.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Hope you're right. Maybe Gibson's been on the phone? :Sid:

Thanks for at least making me feel less annoyed. Didn't check when it was written. Just felt like when it rains, it pours. Confused and fed up of all of this. Just hoping for the Bruce saga to be resolved either way. So, we can move on, with or without him and carry on preparing for the season and start looking for a replacement once it's confirmed.

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's all assumptions based on a plan to gain clicks.

They can't be any closer, until Chansiri says he can speak to Newcastle. Until Chansiri is satisfied with the compensation package. They're confident they'll land him before Sunday, when they fly to china. Not a chance.

Mike Ashley better roll out the red carpet when speaking to DC, it will cost 4 to 5m plus. (for all the team installed, squad confidence that will take a knock etc...)

5 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Not disagreeing with your assessment of that Mail article, but one difference appears to be that Derby and Villa put up cash, while Chansiri covered his sale with an IOU--future promises to pay, not actual money. Looks especially dodgy.

Suppose the question is whether there are provisions within P and S to stop us from doing this.